Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Custom Figures

Kolschey opened this issue on Apr 15, 2000 ยท 4 posts

Kolschey posted Sat, 15 April 2000 at 8:48 AM

A follow up question. I have figures that have been generated in Rhino. I have used these to also create Carrara files with Parent/child links. I have experimented with exporting the figures as OBJ format into poser, as recommended, yet the figured still remain a single mass. I would like to be able to create the figures in one of those two applications where I have more control over body part placement and then bring the figure into Poser where I might create a hierarchy file. Am I missing something? -Kolschey

ColtCentaur posted Sat, 15 April 2000 at 9:48 AM

You need to import each body part into poser to make the model. I can go into more detail if you want -Colt

davo posted Sat, 15 April 2000 at 11:59 AM

A very quick tutorial: If the parts are seperate and you export them all as one obj file, when you bring it into poser, it will be one object (as you stated), but you can use the group edit tool (last icon on the edit tools (square with at dot in it) and click the "new group" button, just enter anything in the name dialog box and click ok, now click the "spawn props" button. What happens now is props of all the seperate parts will be created, when that is finished click off the grouping tool dialog box. Now you have 2 things A) the original obj object you imported and B) a seperate prop of each piece. You want to get rid if the original object. To do that, look below the scene window, you see 2 white down arrows, one will probably say "no figure" and the one on the right will way something like "object_10", click on the one on the right and some options will appear, go to the word "props" and click on it, now you will see a list of everthing in the work space, click on the name of the original object you imported, then hit your delete button. You will now only have the seperate pieces. Hope this helped, Davo If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. Davo

Kolschey posted Sun, 16 April 2000 at 7:12 AM

This sounds like what I'm looking for! Many thanks! -Kolschey