Forum: Carrara

Subject: Anybody used Electric Image?

velarde opened this issue on Dec 04, 2002 ยท 5 posts

velarde posted Wed, 04 December 2002 at 9:43 AM

Attached Link: http://www.dvgarage.com/

I don't want to start an interpackage incident but.... Has anybody used Electric image (Universe)? any opinions good or bad? I know some of you out there do pro video..? The thing is that the DVGarage is selling the 3D toolkit (which is basically a little brother of the Universe package with a lot of tutotarials for $100.00 bucks! The thing is that I have about 2 days to decide because the offer ends soon (tipical...) I love Carrara but when I try to do animations, I'm finding a lot of errors (The motion paths don't work proper, jittering textures that shouldn't jitter... etc. etc.) This package is for Broadcast and film (I don't think it renders very big for print, but that's no problem since Carrara does...) I know it used to be THE package for 3D animations in the Mac a couple of years ago. But now there is more competition. I think they could complement each other... I remember attending a MacWorld Expo some years back and there was this Hollywood studio that did blue screen work for StarTrek, FOX News with Electric Image (render) and Infini-D (modeling) it didn't have a modeler then... Pretty amazing stuff... What do you think? is it easy to learn? any pros, cons that you know? Any comment would be appreciated Thanks everybody