Sat, Sep 21, 8:45 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photoshop

Welcome to the Photoshop Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photoshop F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 10:49 pm)

Our mission is to provide an open community and unique environment where anyone interested in learning more about Adobe Photoshop can share their experience and knowledge, post their work for review and critique by their peers, and learn new techniques while developing the skills that allow each individual to realize their own unique artistic vision. We do not limit this forum to any style of work, and we strongly encourage people of all levels and interests to participate.

Are you up to the challenge??
Sharpen your Photoshop skill with this monthly challenge...

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Pulling an object out of an image...

calthoren ( ) posted Tue, 26 November 2002 at 10:05 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 6:01 AM

file_33343.jpg

Hello people. I'm trying to pull this ship out of a rather large image. I already know about the layer mask technique (that's what I've used so far), but I'm wondering, is there a faster way to get rid of the green colouring the background, or do I just have to bite the bullet and continue with the masking? I only ask because masking the green in between the ropes is *really* time consuming. Any advice is appreciated. PS: Oh yeah, and I just cut a small portion of the image out so people would have a better idea of what I'm talking about.

MissMira ( ) posted Wed, 27 November 2002 at 7:29 AM

i got no idea how u are working that with layers-but i only did photoshop for 2 months though gotta admit to that. When i needa extract something i use magic wand-magic eraser and ordinary eraser-it doesnt take long i think-if the magicwand cant be set to do it properly then i use the magic eraser and do the rest by hand. If its of any use to you you can while using the ordinary eraser hold shift down then it regenerates the original pic if u got lost in the history...

retrocity ( ) posted Wed, 27 November 2002 at 9:14 AM

You can also use the "polygon lasso" and "click" at various points in the image (green areas) and delete them, or do it in the mask and fill with black (masking).

using the lasso is perfect for relativly straight areas like rope just zoom in.

:)
retrocity

calthoren ( ) posted Wed, 27 November 2002 at 3:54 PM

Thanks for the advice guys. I've already tried the Magic Wand technique and it isn't very reliable. The Magic Wand will sometime grab parts of the image I don't want it to, even with the tolerance set relatively low.

And yeah, I've been using the Polygon Lasso to mask the large parts of the ropes. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be worth the time to use it in the small hole section.

Thanks anyways though. :)

Pontigary ( ) posted Mon, 02 December 2002 at 12:26 AM

... though magic wand is great. It just needs some practise in tolerance adjusting. And have You tried selecting the ropes (to cut and paste them afterwards), not the green background? digitally Yours, -Anthony Pontigary.

ReX ( ) posted Tue, 10 December 2002 at 8:48 PM

file_33344.jpg

Another way is to go to use clolor range. select>color range Use the eye droppers to add and subtract to your section. Select the green and unselect anything else.

antevark ( ) posted Sat, 14 December 2002 at 12:06 AM

i've found that the magic wand is almost completly useless except in cartoones, but the thing i'd try doing is the magnetic lasso along with the polygon lasso.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.