Tue, Oct 22, 10:30 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 20 11:30 am)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: help!!!

Hisminky ( ) posted Sat, 14 December 2002 at 11:05 AM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 10:26 AM

I've been working on an image for 3 days. Today, when I tried to open it I get "A file error has occured, unexpected end of file" This happened on ALL my backup files of the same scene. Help?

Rayraz ( ) posted Sat, 14 December 2002 at 11:35 AM

I still have trauma's of messages like 'A file error has occured'. I fear your scene might have been corrupted and that it is unable to retreive your scene. The 'unexpected end of file' part is new to me, usually it's just 'unexpected error occured'. You might want to try a memorymanager or more RAM to see if the scene just doesn't fit in your systems memory or if the file really is corrupted.

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Rayraz ( ) posted Sat, 14 December 2002 at 11:37 AM

Where the backup's saved seperately with bryce or where they just copy's of the original scene done with explorer (or the MAC equivalent)?

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Hisminky ( ) posted Sat, 14 December 2002 at 11:48 AM

Yes, there were backups and all of them gave me the same error. The backups were given different names and saved to different directories. The file sizes ranged from 198mgs to 250 mgs. I have a lot of RAM, so that isn't the issue. Running win2k 2200 AMD with 512 RAM

SevenOfEleven ( ) posted Sat, 14 December 2002 at 1:00 PM

Did you do a cold reboot (turn machine off) for a few minutes? Maybe Bryce is hosed for that session.

Hisminky ( ) posted Sat, 14 December 2002 at 1:16 PM

Yes, I did the reboot, and I also reinstalled. No deal

Acuos ( ) posted Sat, 14 December 2002 at 2:14 PM

Unfortuanetly I know this problem all to well. Yes the file is corrupt. It happened to me about 4 times this week. The "unexpected end of file" error means the file was not finished saving and is incomplete.

Rochr ( ) posted Sat, 14 December 2002 at 2:30 PM

Unfortunatly i have to agree with Acuos! The files are wasted! Usually happens with larger scenes. Ive had 2 scenes, both about 700 mb, ruined in the same way. But its strange that your backups are corrupted as well! Perhaps an object in your scene, thats causing it. Or if your machine have been working for several days without being shut down, strange things can happen...

Rudolf Herczog
Digital Artist
www.rochr.com

ICMgraphics ( ) posted Sat, 14 December 2002 at 2:49 PM

Did you try a system restore?

Patrick_210 ( ) posted Sat, 14 December 2002 at 3:40 PM

512 mgs of ram is not that much for 3D work, usually recommend 4 times the amount of your average file size.

pauljs75 ( ) posted Sat, 14 December 2002 at 8:17 PM

Just wondering... Were there any light objects that were added to a group? I've heard that causes things to happen. Something to do with light source attributes that other objects don't have, and when they get grouped Bryce gets all confused and... Well, it's something that I've heard of.

Barbequed Pixels?

Your friendly neighborhood Wings3D nut.
Also feel free to browse my freebies at ShareCG.
There might be something worth downloading.

EricofSD ( ) posted Sun, 15 December 2002 at 1:37 AM

I doubt you'll see anything there but check the temp directory in your bryce folder. I was able to recover a 65m file with system restore and was able to recover another with the temp directory. So far I haven't lost anything else, but it seems to be happening more and more lately on this forum.

joke ( ) posted Sun, 15 December 2002 at 3:21 AM

As a last resort install Bryce to another directory and try to open the corrupted file. Perhaps Bryce got corrupted and just can't open the file. It's a long shot but worth a try.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.