Sat, Sep 21, 1:36 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 12:22 am)

Subject: Deleting Lights (Newbie)

runnerma ( ) posted Sun, 15 December 2002 at 11:38 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 1:31 AM

When I am trying different styles of Lights I noticed that the old ones are just switched off. So if I try 10 different light sets for example, the light controls is full of dead lights, and I have to delete them manually. Thats very awfull job don't you think? Is there any better way to do this? Runnerma

Rhiannon ( ) posted Sun, 15 December 2002 at 11:50 AM

I asked that same question not long ago runner ... from what I understand, there's no way to do it other than manually ... pain in the arse, isn't it? :-) One thing I'm kinda' in the habit of doing though, is when I try a light set and I don't like it, I "restore lights" to take it back to the default or previous state ... that way I don't end up with 50 lights with only two working and when I go to render it doesn't have to move through all of 'em. But, if anyone has any new suggestions, I'd sure love to hear 'em. Rhi

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sun, 15 December 2002 at 11:54 AM

I think there's a python script available in Freestuff which will delete unused lights, and another one to delete them all, so you can start from a blank slate, as it were.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

jobcontrol ( ) posted Sun, 15 December 2002 at 12:10 PM

If you have Poser 5 (I don't know whether P4 has it too): Goto "File >> Run Python Script" open Lights folder and select "LightsButtons.py"; double click. Then goto "Window >> Python Scripts" and click "DELETE Lights" --> Done! Willy

runnerma ( ) posted Sun, 15 December 2002 at 12:26 PM

Sorry no P5. P4 PP Runnerma Any other way???

Hanz ( ) posted Sun, 15 December 2002 at 1:00 PM

=>Jobcontrol... I have Poser5, but can't seem to find the script you mention. You sure it installs with P5? Did you download it from somewhere...? Hanz

runnerma ( ) posted Sun, 15 December 2002 at 1:02 PM

I tried the PY in the free area. They work fine with a set of lights or two. With more the thing meshes everything and poser locks...:( any other way???? Runnerma

Patricia ( ) posted Sun, 15 December 2002 at 1:04 PM

Thanks for the 'restore lights' tip--Me, I just sit there and delete and delete and delete and delete and delete and delete and delete and delete and delete and delete and delete and delete and delete and delete and delete and delete and delete and delete and delete.....(smacks self upside ear) ....and wonder why the heck would anyone make a program work this way in the first place?!

runnerma ( ) posted Sun, 15 December 2002 at 1:15 PM

Ok I think the only way around is Shift+Ctrl+L. Anyway I was wondering not to do that all the time. Runnerma

jobcontrol ( ) posted Sun, 15 December 2002 at 1:22 PM

==> Hanz You're right! I've found that on the net. I'm searching where.

elgyfu ( ) posted Sun, 15 December 2002 at 1:31 PM

I found that clicking Restore Lights in the menu sometimes works - but not always! I agree this has irritated me no end. I now save the pz3 before I start messing around with lights and if I get all 'lighted up' I then just reload. I am getting Poser 5 soon, I do hope it is better!

Hanz ( ) posted Sun, 15 December 2002 at 1:40 PM

===>Jobcontrol. Thanx, would appreciate some info on where to find such a handy script...:-) Hanz

jobcontrol ( ) posted Sun, 15 December 2002 at 1:57 PM

Attached Link: http://store.daz3d.com/catalog/product.php?pidx=1163&paridx=0

==> Hanz and runnerma: I found out where I got the script: It's part of a product from DAZ3D by Paul Christiaan Bos: It costs $9.95. Sorry, no free meal :) Willy

jobcontrol ( ) posted Sun, 15 December 2002 at 1:58 PM

==> Hanz and runnerma: I forgot: it's for Poser4(!) and Pro Pack.

CrystalDragon ( ) posted Sun, 15 December 2002 at 2:04 PM

Try the scipts in the free section. They work rather well! 8) ~DM

runnerma ( ) posted Sun, 15 December 2002 at 2:24 PM

Thanxs Jocontrol!!!

queri ( ) posted Sun, 15 December 2002 at 3:04 PM

Is there anything on getting Python scripts to work?? I have that script and another one and I can't even get them to show up. Emily

Patricia ( ) posted Sun, 15 December 2002 at 3:21 PM

Do those neat Python scripts run on Macs???

jobcontrol ( ) posted Sun, 15 December 2002 at 4:55 PM

Python should work since Pro Pack. As it is an interpreted language there should be no problem - if CL has provided for it. Look under "File >> Run Python Script" or "Reinitialize Python". The factory supplied scripts can be found under "Window >> Python Scripts" Willy

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.