Tue, Sep 24, 6:14 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 24 5:52 pm)

Subject: michael 2.0 PC to Mac

tommyboy73 ( ) posted Fri, 13 December 2002 at 11:59 AM ยท edited Fri, 06 September 2024 at 5:21 AM

I bought Michael from Daz for my PC at home. At work I have a Mac that I make some poser art on during my down time. Could I take the Michael elements out of my Runtime folder on my PC and us macconverter to make them mac compatable so that michael is usable on my mac? I just don't want to have to drop another $60 to buy the mac version.

Mosca ( ) posted Fri, 13 December 2002 at 1:00 PM

Yep. I think all you'd need would be the obj and CR2 files; just make sure when you install 'em on your Mac that all the folders have the same names and are in the same places.

dan whiteside ( ) posted Fri, 13 December 2002 at 1:25 PM

To add to what mosca said, make a new folder (if it's not already there) in the Geometries folder that says "DAZPeople" and put the .obj there. Then in Characters folder create "DAZ People" (note the space in this one) and drag the .CR2 into it. Pose files are Pose-"MAT Michael2 Hi". Textures are DAZ-Characters-"MilMan". The textures are going to be PC gamma so they'll look realy bright. HTH - Dan

MarianneR ( ) posted Fri, 13 December 2002 at 1:46 PM

Also you will need to get Maconvertor if you don't have it already, otherwise MacPoser will not "see" the files. I've moved a lot of stuff from pc to mac and it works fine. You should take the rsr file that is in the same folder as the cr2 as well, or you'll get the shrugging guy. The obj-file goes the same place in the geometries folder as it does on the pc. If you are unsure of where, just open the cr2 with a text editor, BB Edit Lite is fine, and have a look. Right in the beginning of the file there is a reference to blMilman.obj. Mine says Runtime:Geometries:ZygotePeople:blMilMan.obj.

tommyboy73 ( ) posted Fri, 13 December 2002 at 1:51 PM

Thank you everyone for your help. I will try this on Monday to see how it works.

tommyboy73 ( ) posted Mon, 16 December 2002 at 9:12 AM

Well I tried to put Michael into my mac by converting the Michael files with Mac Converter. When I start up poser and go to use Michael I get an error saying Poser cannot open the resource file geometries: zygote peopl...Then is says I'm out of memory which I know is not true because I have 1.5 gigs of memory. Any ideas what the problem could be

MarianneR ( ) posted Mon, 16 December 2002 at 11:08 AM

That is Poser's standard phrase when it can't find the obj-file in the folder where the cr2 says it should be. I think the easiest way to do it, is to use the downloaded file from DAZ on the pc, but you don't install it the ordinary way. Instead you choose install to folder .... . Pick a suitable empty folder. Then you install the lot there, zip the whole directory structure, and move it to the mac. On the mac you unzip the file (Stuffit expander will do it) and let Maconverter do it's job. After that I move the stuff by hand, but I think Macinstaller will do it too.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.