Fri, Sep 20, 6:58 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 6:55 am)

Subject: Looking for a foot morph target

macelene ( ) posted Sat, 14 December 2002 at 11:16 AM ยท edited Thu, 29 August 2024 at 10:36 PM

Hopefully someone can help me out, though I seem to get ignored in this forum. Hopefully that is just because they have no info. Okay well I haven't learned to make my own morphs yet and I need one to make Victorias toes disappear. I need one for those characters that are difficult to dress. The body itself comes with some spandex morphs but I need one for the feet. I hope someone can help, I'd think someone has already thought about this before and created one they are willing to share. Macey

Macey ^_^

JohnF1964 ( ) posted Sat, 14 December 2002 at 11:43 AM

Select the toe, then dbl click on it, this will bring up the properties box. Remove the checkmark where it says "visible", click ok, and her toes will dissapear. Hope this is what you were looking for. John

jobcontrol ( ) posted Sat, 14 December 2002 at 12:13 PM

I think you're after a "spandex"-morph for the toes? As in stockings, right? If so, I'd recommend using fitting stockings on her and let the feet vanish (as JohnF1964 wrote). BUT - I've searched the marketplace and Freestuff here on Renderosity and no stockings for Vicky turned up. Maybe there are some at DAZ3D. So you're mainly on your own - sorry. Willy PS: No, you were not ignored, I just had to do some searching. :)

nakamuram ( ) posted Sat, 14 December 2002 at 2:19 PM

There are some nice free stockings available from ISOP (Maid, Nurse Outfits). http://iso.power.ne.jp/ BatLab also had a nice pair, but I haven't seen them since the site was re-organized. Unfortunately, we are not allowed to re-distribute. http://bat.server.ne.jp/

macelene ( ) posted Sat, 14 December 2002 at 6:38 PM

Thanks. I guess I may be out of luck. I have Victoria's socks, but because of the shape of the character they don't conform well at all, and I needed them to blend in. I tried turning most of the sock off and just left the toes but it didn't work out well. Someone sent me a message about something in free stuff and I'll go check it out. If it was a normal character, then the sock trick probably would have worked. Thanks anyway.

Macey ^_^

gstorme ( ) posted Sun, 15 December 2002 at 3:15 PM

Could you make a screen shot of your problem? I do not understand from the description you give what it is you ask for... You can always make a copy of your screen by pressing "Print screen" Button and then paste it to paint or any other graphical program. Gradually, I hope to find he solution to your problem... Sincelerly Geert

macelene ( ) posted Mon, 16 December 2002 at 10:15 AM

file_36063.jpg

Hopefully this does correct since I've never posted an image to the forums before. This image is from the final render. I just gave up and lighting that didn't show her toes much. And as I had stated previously I tried using socks but the fit didn't work. I'd like to find a morph that causes the toes to merge totgether as if to be a boot/stocking. Hope this image helps you to figure out what I was looking for. Even though I went ahead and finished this image, I'd still like to have one if it is out there.

Macey ^_^

gstorme ( ) posted Mon, 16 December 2002 at 2:05 PM

Your picture is OK.

The advice of JohnF1964 ( making a body part disappear) applies to the following bodyparts of the Victoria figure:

• left foot, left toe, right foot, right toe.

Also I see the shins poke through. I do not know how high the stockings go, but I assume that they go up to the thighs and you have no problems with the thighs. If so, make the shins invisible too. If not, I suggest to taper (also a setting in the Properties panel) the shins to real skinny, so they too disappear out of sight. Using taper is a good mechanism when part of the body part should be visible and part is poking through clothing.

Do not worry that you have to do this trick. It is a well accepted practice to make bodyparts invisible. Even commercial clothing packages do this.

If, for some reason, this explanation is not complete, do not hesitate to ask for further assistance :)

macelene ( ) posted Mon, 16 December 2002 at 3:21 PM

I guess you've lost me a bit. I believe it is a catsuit that is on the figure. It was a freebie at RuntimeDNA. I appled it via a MAT pose so I'm not sure how it managed to conform to the figure. BUt nothing was sticking out of the catsuit. To cover up the feet so they at least matched, I took a sample of the body suit texture and made a new skin texture to cover the feet. So what you are seeing is the bottom of the catsuit, the skintexture, and a shoe sole from the Victoria Shoe Pak. I tried everything with the socks though to cover the toes up, but it didn't want to pose right. I make body parts invisiable all the time, that is unless part of that area isn't covered.

Macey ^_^

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.