Wed, Oct 9, 6:27 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 09 12:13 pm)

Subject: where to find prop..Gibson Girl Hair ?

w-cloer ( ) posted Mon, 16 December 2002 at 1:28 PM ยท edited Wed, 09 October 2024 at 6:25 PM

file_36428.jpg

Hi..I am looking for ready styled ..turn of the century..Gibson styled hair..I see clothing of that ventage offered but no hair style to go with it..Is there an 3D artist specializing in period hair props?If Not on Renderosity..somewhere else?

rtamesis ( ) posted Mon, 16 December 2002 at 1:48 PM

You're not going to find it here; I suggested that to modelers here two years ago and have yet to see anyone do it.

tonymouse ( ) posted Mon, 16 December 2002 at 2:18 PM

I tried the same, still no luck. but if we keep asking you never know??

troubleTO ( ) posted Mon, 16 December 2002 at 2:35 PM

ohhhh .. this i would love to have as well. i think Neftis' hair modeling work probably comes closer then any other i have seen. http://market.renderosity.com/softgood.ez?Who=neftis i wonder ... could be she is the one to ask about this type of hair? maybe if it is something that interests her .. she could be talked into creating it. troubleTO

notime6 ( ) posted Mon, 16 December 2002 at 2:39 PM

Attached Link: http://market.renderosity.com/softgood.ez?ViewSoftgood=7298

Although it is not quite Gibson Girl... Elleana Hair might work for you.. Don't be put off by the promo pics all of the bangs and froofoo are just addons but the base is a very attractive upswept bun that has morphs to make it fuller. It looks very " jayne seymore" in the movie "Somewhere in Time." Just a Thought..It's one of my favorites Notime6 http://market.renderosity.com/softgood.ez?ViewSoftgood=7298

TygerCub ( ) posted Mon, 16 December 2002 at 3:29 PM

Something else that is very close is the Victoria's Changing Ponytail expansion pack that is part of DAZ's platnum club offer. There is a style that is very close to what you want.

ockham ( ) posted Mon, 16 December 2002 at 4:34 PM

file_36429.jpg

Thanks for the Elleana link! I'd been looking for a similar 'do for my 1920's spokesmodels. Bought it just now and applied it to Posette, showing off my piano. This picture shows the Bun, Bangs, and Ponytail all together; probably a bit much, but you can see the whole package. One thing not clear from the notes: Each piece is a Prop, not a HR2 hair file. They fit together and scale very nicely.

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

Smitthms ( ) posted Mon, 16 December 2002 at 6:13 PM

Yes they do, I just recently purchased the Elleana Hair, & I love it. Is in My upcoming render... posting today or tomorrow :o) Thomas

hauksdottir ( ) posted Mon, 16 December 2002 at 11:52 PM

That Elleana hair really does look nice... thanks for calling it to our attention! :)

kurokuma ( ) posted Tue, 17 December 2002 at 12:06 AM

I wish I could help, I can only model it as a prop. I still haven't figured out how to model something as hair yet. Is there a readdly good Tutorial on making hair?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.