Sun, Sep 22, 7:30 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 2:04 am)

Subject: Victoria goes Ethnic. Thanks Zygote for the morphs

jschoen ( ) posted Thu, 20 April 2000 at 3:47 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 7:29 AM

file_125616.jpg

Since so many seem to be trying to get poor little (5' 10" -- not so little) Vickie to look like Posette. I decided to go a different path. Thanks to Zygotes free morphs, Victoria is simply stunning as other ethnic characters. These 2 only took me one half of a day to fiddle with. More fiddleing with textures than with the model and lighting. Modified Shauna tex. New Geisha tex **READ THIS: I know the Geisha tex is not accurate, give me somme artistic license ;-)** Hope everyone now knows a little more of the diversity of Vicky. James

PJF ( ) posted Thu, 20 April 2000 at 3:58 PM

God, you're good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ikyoto ( ) posted Thu, 20 April 2000 at 3:59 PM

Outstanding! These are why people need to try new things.. look at the diversity of the world and try to do it justice. And the texture is not really off. I have seen geisha wearing their makeup like that.

pam ( ) posted Thu, 20 April 2000 at 4:50 PM

These are so wonderful! I am inspired :-)

quesswho ( ) posted Thu, 20 April 2000 at 5:12 PM

BEAUTIFUL!!!!! Marge

nicknoel ( ) posted Thu, 20 April 2000 at 5:25 PM

Looks like Queen Amidala.....

picnic ( ) posted Thu, 20 April 2000 at 6:33 PM

I love these. What did you use for her head turban? It worked out really nicely. Both are just beautiful.

Scarab ( ) posted Thu, 20 April 2000 at 8:22 PM

The only comment I have on the Geisha is that often they would paint the upper lip green....otherwise...what's inaccurate? Scarab <-just got back from two weeks in Kyoto

Gawain ( ) posted Thu, 20 April 2000 at 8:45 PM

Those look great! The art on Renderosity is the best advertising for Zygote. Its art like this that has talked me into buying Victoria.

Dr Zik ( ) posted Thu, 20 April 2000 at 10:11 PM

Hi Folks! Hey man, those are great!! How did you design the headpiece for the African/Arabic woman? I've love to have a similar model for some of my ethnic figures! If you've like an additional source for material, check out the photo essays of Uwe Ommer. You might even still be able to find copies in hardcover. Impressive work! Peter (Dr Zik)

dlfurman ( ) posted Thu, 20 April 2000 at 10:36 PM

My first response: OOH WOW! Too cool.

"Few are agreeable in conversation, because each thinks more of what he intends to say than that of what others are saying, and listens no more when he himself has a chance to speak." - Francois de la Rochefoucauld

Intel Core i7 920, 24GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 4GB video, 6TB HDD space
Poser 12: Inches (Poser(PC) user since 1 and the floppies/manual to prove it!)

tlaubach ( ) posted Thu, 20 April 2000 at 10:44 PM

pretty sweet stuff...

stonecold ( ) posted Fri, 21 April 2000 at 1:50 AM

UNBELIEVABLE!

martialf ( ) posted Fri, 21 April 2000 at 4:34 AM

Fantastique!I like very much the one with turban.Someone still say Vic is ugly

jschoen ( ) posted Fri, 21 April 2000 at 12:02 PM

Thanks all! It's so nice to get this great of a response. THe "turban/head-scarf fortunatly or unfortunatly is from zygotes costume shop cd (the turban). I did some grouping to spawn a prop without the top and the flap. Then just applied a pattern to it. Tip: When spawning a prop from something exsisting, in my luck I've noticed that it retains it's original UV mapping. Also if anyone knows of a site which has hiresolution pictures of geishas,, please pass this along to me. James

picnic ( ) posted Fri, 21 April 2000 at 1:01 PM

Thanks James--I have the costume CD. I'll have to try that. It is such a nice item. Diane B

quesswho ( ) posted Fri, 21 April 2000 at 1:37 PM

James, the book "Memoirs of a geisha" a novel by Arthur Golden has excellent descriptions of a Geishas makeup and hair. It is also well worth reading if you are interested in Geishas, even if it is a novel. Marge

chadly ( ) posted Mon, 24 April 2000 at 7:02 PM

You're certainly welcome for the morphs, James - you've done some great work here. Beautiful images! I have to agree with Gawain, too. You artists here in the Poser community are probably the best advertising we at Zygote have. Because of that, and because we do have many clients that are not as tapped in to the community as you all are, Zygote is going to be hosting a gallery soon specifically to showcase work done with the Victoria figure. (You can send images and questions to gallery@zygote.com). Anyway, what I'm getting to here, James, is a request for you to submit some of this work you're doing to the Vickie gallery. We'd love to post some of your images on our site. Thanks. -Chad Zygote Media Group

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.