Thu, Sep 19, 12:17 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:30 am)

Subject: What costs $73 and looks just like V2?

Mosca ( ) posted Fri, 20 December 2002 at 12:44 AM · edited Wed, 18 September 2024 at 10:47 PM

Three guesses.

SnowSultan ( ) posted Fri, 20 December 2002 at 12:46 AM

Um, give her a day or two. :) SnowS

my DeviantArt page: http://snowsultan.deviantart.com/

I do not speak as a representative of DAZ, I speak only as a long-time member here. Be nice (and quit lying about DAZ) and I'll be nice too.

Mason ( ) posted Fri, 20 December 2002 at 12:51 AM

Darn good deal. I bought everything except the specular map pack, which I assume I don't need cause Poser has specular lighting. Daz really has a good deal here.

Archangel_Gabriel ( ) posted Fri, 20 December 2002 at 12:57 AM

You really need to play with the model more. V3 is far more manipulatable than she first appears. Don't sell her short.

Mosca ( ) posted Fri, 20 December 2002 at 12:59 AM

upgrade+both morph packs+map pack comes out to right around $73. Just not sure I need to spend that kind of scratch for yet another Vicki...

Carcinogen ( ) posted Fri, 20 December 2002 at 1:26 AM

You obviously have not seen how cool she is. I am amazed! Money well spent, I would say. She does not look like old Vicky, honestly. If you are a Platinum Club Member she is only $44.19 for the 1.)Base upgrade, the 2.)Hi Rez Texture map, 3.)the head morphs, 4.)the body morphs, and 5.)the Platinum Club Makeup maps/MATS by my man Anton! She takes all of Vicky's hairstyles with no adjustments, has a beautiful smile, very realistic morphs, and the Anton textures take her from the cute girl that works at Dairy Queen to kick-butt biker harlot. Seems I paid much more for less with Vicky 1 and 2. She comes with a V3 to V2 version body that already fits the Victoria clothing. Why the heck am I writing? I am off to visit V3 again...

Archangel_Gabriel ( ) posted Fri, 20 December 2002 at 1:30 AM

file_37101.jpg

V3 Does this with the twist of about 6 morph dials. Raw, no post, prop is the stock cylinder.

Took about 20 minutes [I just did it]

Dave71 ( ) posted Fri, 20 December 2002 at 1:33 AM

i think that looks amazing, cant wait till I get my copy.

PheonixRising ( ) posted Fri, 20 December 2002 at 1:47 AM

If you bought her Mosca you would see the difference.

-Anton, creator of ApolloMaximus: 32,000+ downloads since 3-13-07
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

NEW The Poser FaceInterMixer

greenbd ( ) posted Fri, 20 December 2002 at 2:12 AM

file_37102.jpg

Here's a little illustration of the amount of detail in V3-- that's V1 lo-res on the left, V2 in the middle, and V3 on the right. She is amazing!

greenbd ( ) posted Fri, 20 December 2002 at 2:16 AM

Also, she comes with the Millennium Teeth built in. And that extra geometry does wonders for the joints.

PheonixRising ( ) posted Fri, 20 December 2002 at 2:26 AM

The eyes are also realistic now in shape and design with a concave iris and convex cornea.

-Anton, creator of ApolloMaximus: 32,000+ downloads since 3-13-07
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

NEW The Poser FaceInterMixer

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 20 December 2002 at 2:48 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_37103.jpg

This is Poser 4 too. I didn't get the hair just right, but wow. I also found out that most shoes will fit (didn't try boots yet tho). What an awesome model.

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 20 December 2002 at 2:49 AM

Forgot to mention that the poses is a Vic2 pose by Volt. No tweaking.

Desdemmonna ( ) posted Fri, 20 December 2002 at 5:02 AM

Oh dear...my partner is going to freak when he finds out the news...I'm going to have a hell of a time explaining that the morphs don't come with the model, ya gotta buy them seperately...heh. Interesting way of marketing a product, not being an ungrateful wiseass though :p I hope Tailor has V3 in his upgrade plans because making clothes fit with these new morphs is going to be a pain the bum for people who aren't magnet savy like me, lol.

hankim ( ) posted Fri, 20 December 2002 at 6:12 AM

hmmm, just playing with her now, and wow -- and she doesn't look like V2 to me, at all -- I find her quite beautiful, even 'out of the box.'

hankim ( ) posted Fri, 20 December 2002 at 6:14 AM

Yeah, I forgot, I tried applying some poses that had severe trouble with the shoulder and elbow joints, and they are looking good!

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 20 December 2002 at 7:52 AM

Yeah, those above the head arm poses look pretty dang good...I agree :o). Daz outdid themselves on this one. LaurieA

Mosca ( ) posted Fri, 20 December 2002 at 8:12 AM

Another question: what is UP with DAZ's bizarre fear of virtual nudity? I mean, half the promo pic for the V3 high-res texture is pixeled out. How am I supposed to know what I'm getting, for God's sake?

EvoShandor ( ) posted Fri, 20 December 2002 at 9:18 AM

Does V3 work with Mimic?? (please say yes, please say yes, please say yes) evo

zechs ( ) posted Fri, 20 December 2002 at 11:48 AM

God I'd hope so since they own Mimic now. If not you can make it compatible with minimal effort.

zechs ( ) posted Fri, 20 December 2002 at 11:50 AM

BTW that is a ridiculously dense mesh. I bet she'll be great for creating monsters like werewolves and stuff...You could probably stretch her face out for miles with a magnet. :) I'd really have to wonder how usable she will be for anything but stills though, especially in poser 5.

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Fri, 20 December 2002 at 4:59 PM

I'm hoping that DAZ has an animal-face head-morph pak in the works. V3 has some additional animal morphs (rat ears, deer ears, etc.), but one of my favourites, the fox-face morph, seems to be missing. How am I going to create a decent muzzle without it?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.