Sun, Sep 22, 6:44 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 2:04 am)

Subject: Vicky3 into trueSpace

denden ( ) posted Sat, 21 December 2002 at 10:03 AM ยท edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 6:32 AM

Just got Vicky3. Exported V3 as a 3DS and Obj. TrueSpace 4.3 chokes on both. Vicky2 goes in as 3DS and Obj with no trouble. Where am I screwing up? Thanks.

Jcleaver ( ) posted Sat, 21 December 2002 at 10:50 AM

What do you mean by choking up? I brought it into trueSpace 6 using truePose, and my system slowed to a crawl until I changed the view to wireframe only. It may be because V3 is very high resolution. My system for comparison is an Athlon 1900+ with 512 MB of RAM. I wouldn't even want to try this on a lesser system. I'll try to see what happens for me using trueSpace 4.3 and the luuv plugin. If you aren't using the luuv plugin, I would suggest trying that. It is free, but I don't have a link to it. I believe the trueSpace forum has it in their banner.

Jcleaver ( ) posted Sat, 21 December 2002 at 10:58 AM

OK, I tried it with 4.3, and it imports fine for me using luuv. You will want to make sure the textures are in the same directory as the .obj file, but I'm sure you know that.

Jcleaver ( ) posted Sat, 21 December 2002 at 11:02 AM

Attached Link: http://member.newsguy.com/~cgrant/tsx/luuv/index.html

OK, here is the link to luuv. Let me know if this helps in any way.

denden ( ) posted Sat, 21 December 2002 at 12:03 PM

Apparently my problem lies in exporting an OBJ document. Poser4 isn't doing it. The file shows zero size. It makes two files one ends MTL the other OBJ. Both zero size. After I go thru the export OBJ the FILE command choices are grayed out. No choice but to exit Poser. Perhaps I need to reinstall Poser plus the update? None of the Poser characters will export as OBJ. However all but Vic3 will export fine in 3DS format. Thanks for your help.

denden ( ) posted Sat, 21 December 2002 at 2:13 PM

Finally got it! For some weird reason I had a double menu in the FILE menu...one worked, one crashed. At any rate, Vicky 3 is 100 times better than Vicky 2 (which I bought last month)The detail is what a 3D model should look like. DAZ did a great job.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.