Sat, Sep 21, 8:52 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 1:47 am)

Subject: AOY - Unofficial Popular Vote

JeffH ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2002 at 12:45 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 8:51 AM

Take a look at each artist's gallery and make a single post to this thread with the name of your choice.

-JH.

January - gevidal
February - TerryGH
March - Legume
April - Mr Codini
May - nitro115
June - ToxicAngel
July - Carles_P
August - cneofotistos
September - HobbyHopper
October - LeDiscot
November - EricClaeys
December - rohi

ronmolina ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2002 at 12:55 PM

Carles P first. Runners up gevidal and rohi. Ron

SnowSultan ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2002 at 1:00 PM

I don't know if this is the best idea, since we normally voted anonymously. Hope it doesn't cause too many hard feelings... I'll vote for ToxicAngel because I like his specific style. Nothing personal against anyone else, including Legume. :) SnowS

my DeviantArt page: http://snowsultan.deviantart.com/

I do not speak as a representative of DAZ, I speak only as a long-time member here. Be nice (and quit lying about DAZ) and I'll be nice too.

ronmolina ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2002 at 1:03 PM

Snows thanks for the Vic3 template. Ron

chanson ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2002 at 1:04 PM

I'd turn that around... gevidal first, runner up Carles P

ringbearer ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2002 at 1:13 PM

gevidal-that's who I originally voted for, but it was a hard choice between him and nitro115.

There are a lot of things worse than dying, being afraid all the time would be one.

My Gallery

Penguinisto ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2002 at 1:13 PM

One for ToxicAngel, plz. Legume's don't have enough tits in his to win ;) (heh - couldn't resist, Leg. ) /P

dialyn ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2002 at 1:18 PM

Very difficult choice....my vote goes to Carles P

Cheryle ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2002 at 1:30 PM

legume cause i can't remember the last time i laughed that hard looking at a picture.

atthisstage ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2002 at 1:31 PM

Legume. His work is edgy, thought-provoking, and (shockingly enough) technically proficient.

lynde ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2002 at 1:34 PM

ToxicAngel

Lapis ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2002 at 1:44 PM

rohi

Hawkfyr ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2002 at 1:45 PM

Nitro115

“The fact that no one understands you…Doesn’t make you an artist.”

sirkrite ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2002 at 2:05 PM

ToxicAngel

odeathoflife ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2002 at 2:11 PM

legume

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

www.3rddimensiongraphics.net

Dave71 ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2002 at 2:14 PM

Toxic

Sasha_Maurice ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2002 at 2:15 PM

Legume

Jack D. Kammerer ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2002 at 2:16 PM

legume... he's managed to make me laugh and wince at the same time while geting more of an emotional response out of me besides the typical "oooo that's nice" or "damn wish I was that good" Jack PS: Thanks Jeff for putting this up. :o)

hmatienzo ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2002 at 2:16 PM

rohi, gevidal and then Legume. But I wonder how many members would have the courage to vote like this???

L'ultima fòrza è nella morte.

Valandar ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2002 at 2:17 PM

EricClaeys! Nobody can model like him! And Doc Legume as second, gotta love that irreverance!

Remember, kids! Napalm is Nature's Toothpaste!

pdxjims ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2002 at 2:20 PM

This ain't easy. There are some really beautiful pictures, some classical, some artists that produce using a number of mediums. Then there's the good Doctor, who's always good for a laugh, a thought, and to invoke an emotion. There are better artists, and better works, but Legume always makes you think and feel. You may disagree with everything he's ever done, but you have to admit he made you feel something about every work of his you've seen. He's not a fine artist, but he gets the viewer to participate in his art like no one else here. Would I buy his art to put on my living room wall? No way! But I'd go to a gallery just to see it. And I might buy a copy for my office. So, my vote is for the good Doctor.

Maevryn ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2002 at 2:34 PM

The Doc of course =)

Kelmar ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2002 at 2:35 PM

ToxicAngel Well rounded artist both technically and creatively. I've always have a softspot for fantasy, D&D style arts. He got my vote.

lemur01 ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2002 at 2:42 PM

I think the PTB are doing a good thing here. Anywho, my vote goes to Carles P. Jack

judith ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2002 at 2:46 PM

Nitro115

What we do in life, echoes in eternity.

E-mail | Renderosity Homepage | Renderosity Store | RDNA Store

sturkwurk ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2002 at 2:49 PM
Online Now!

Legume

I came, I rendered, I'm still broke.

pam ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2002 at 2:49 PM

Legume, just as I voted the other day :)

ShadowWind ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2002 at 2:53 PM

HobbyHopper for having the courage, the talent, and originality to do long story lines...
Rohi and LeDiscot for runner up...

Sorry if someone feels I slighted them. This is a very hard choice, as I am fans of many of the nominee's works...

GizmoMkI ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2002 at 2:57 PM

Legume.

littlechris ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2002 at 3:02 PM

carles p

bknoh ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2002 at 3:03 PM

Carles P is my #1 and then Rohi and Legume.

Lorraine ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2002 at 3:28 PM

toxic angel, but I like all the rest as well...

Zodo ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2002 at 3:33 PM

Tough choice between Rohi and Carles, but I'll have to go with Rohi.

BillyJ ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2002 at 3:42 PM

Bein a non-artist among this forum I am rather impartial to all of these artists. I would give several years of my life to have a smidgeon of the talents presented here. This all goes to show the quality and substance that has been nourished upon art forums such as these, one can actually see the "progression" within each artists gallery postings over time, something to be very proud of in so many ways. If I have to choose, what specific artist would I choose? Would I be so enchanted by the works of Carles P, be swept away by rohi, be dazzled by ToxicAngel and all that incredible beauty, or would I indeed be overwhelmed by the wow humor and punching contraversy that Legume does offer so many here time after time with such light hearted precision and such fiesta pizzaz. Being a non-artist I do not even know if I have that official right to choose among so much quality here; being someone that truly enjoys the entrancement art has to offer, I may well be too overwhelmed by the sheer contraversy of my own understanding of what it takes to create such masterpieces. Perhaps it is best for me to just stay on the sidelines and enjoy this incredible feast of visuals. That is what I will do.

Hawkfyr ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2002 at 3:50 PM

"Being a non-artist I do not even know if I have that official right to choose among so much quality here; " I don't play a piano but I know what piano music I like and don't like. Why should not having a gallery,have any bearing on voting for what appeals to you. I'd say go ahead and vote. 8 ) Tom

“The fact that no one understands you…Doesn’t make you an artist.”

markdc ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2002 at 3:58 PM

ToxicAngel -Amazing stuff

Tempus Fugit ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2002 at 4:36 PM

ToxicAngel

Papu ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2002 at 4:41 PM

Toxicangel

fauve ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2002 at 4:42 PM

Doc Legume.

ivyroses ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2002 at 4:43 PM

EricClaeys

kayjay97 ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2002 at 4:45 PM

Hmmmmmmmmmm............... man, what a hard choice... ToxicAngel always wowed me with his stuff and his amazing talent and then there is Legume who did the same thing from a different angle................. ToxicAngel first and Legume second................

In a world filled with causes for worry and anxiety...
we need the peace of God standing guard over our hearts and minds.

Jerry McCant

Sasha_Maurice ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2002 at 4:49 PM

Billy J, How do you know you are not an artist? What defines an artist anyway.... If somebodys art affects your heart or makes you think, then I believe you have a right to vote. Go ahead and vote. :)

BillyJ ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2002 at 4:51 PM

Okay hawkfyr, your piano argument convinced me. I choose...ToxicAngel! But will I be hated if I suggest that the pretty beauties in this artists work swayed me just the slightest? I do have a slight sway for pretty beauty, just can't help myself.

dialyn ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2002 at 4:55 PM

Not that it matters, but I agree...I voted this time and I'm not an artist. And voting for one person is not voting against the rest....they are all marvelous artists with distinct styles. It's rather interesting to have a chance to read the different comments people are making...much more insightful than a plain poll is.

Flak ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2002 at 5:03 PM

Legume's cos it made me think (on the odd occasion) and laugh.

Dreams are just nightmares on prozac...
Digital WasteLanD

Schlabber ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2002 at 5:09 PM

You want to hear my opinion who should be this so-called artist of the year ?? honestly - none of them and all of them ... Can't we just say everyone is really good !! Do we really need such a thing to make other great artists envy ?? Or all those sayings like 'Hey, vote for him or her to get AOY' ?? If I like an image anotherone might hate it - This is always a matter of personal impressions. So, sorry - for me is such a voting just waste of time ... I know I might be a bit alone with my thoughts - but - sorry, to say that - I think such a thing is not good for a community if the one wins who got the most votes ...

Ironbear ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2002 at 5:18 PM

Same as my origional vote: HobbyHopper. Had to edit. Kaint speel. ;]

"I am a good person now and it feels... well, pretty much the same as I felt before (except that the headaches have gone away now that I'm not wearing control top pantyhose on my head anymore)"

• Monkeysmell

maclean ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2002 at 5:26 PM

Toxic gets mine.

JDexter ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2002 at 5:46 PM

Carles P Incredible work. JDexter

Poppi ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2002 at 5:53 PM

Eric Claeys, first. Rohl, second.

Spiritbro77 ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2002 at 5:55 PM

I all ready voted, so Legume, for his humor. he made me laugh my ass off too many times. Gevidal second cause he blows me away. This will be my last vote in these things however because I kinda agree with Schlabber, why bother?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.