Sat, Sep 21, 12:28 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 12:04 pm)

Subject: Vicky3 Confusion.............

dirk5027 ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2002 at 12:21 PM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 12:14 PM

I'm a bit confused, does vicky 3 not use vickies textures? Can't wear vickies clothes? If not think I'll hold out purchasing for a while.

BeatYourSoul ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2002 at 12:41 PM

Nope. V3 has been completely remapped so V2's clothes and textures will not work "out of the box". There are UV maps at Daz3D to apply V1/V2 textures to V3 with the help of UVMapper. People are working on the clothing issue, but the JP's are different as well as the UV mapping, so it's not an easy process. Other than that, you will not regret V3. Much higher quality mesh with tons and tons of morphs (which can be added or removed using what Daz3D calls "morph injection"). Get it while it's on sale and you will not regret it later as items and textures become available!

MachineClaw ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2002 at 12:46 PM

Vicki3 can use Vicki2 textures but you need to use UVmapper and remap the Vicki 2 texture, it works with some tweaking, looks nice. Also Mike 2 textures can be used if you tweak even more. Vicki3 to Vicki2 (in the base Vicki3 purchase pack) is a Vicki3 with no morphs that can take Vicki2 textures straight, and vicki 2 clothing. However only facial morphs can be applied to that model, not body morphs. Kinda confusing, but if ya buy Vicki3 Daz3d has really tryed to make Vicki3 as backward compatible as possible with the new model. Plus, since Vicki3 is new, more and more stuff will be coming out eventually. I'm having fun with my Vicki3 purchase, just a lot of options to play with, dials to spin, and morphs to play with. The new Daz3d Vicki3 textures are really nice, I haven't been playing with my Vicki2 textures much on Vicki3 yet cause the Vicki3 textures are really quality textures. Hope that helps. My 2 cents.

Kelmar ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2002 at 2:19 PM

Haven't done too much UV remapping. So I'd need to Use UVmapper, load up the obj for V3 then load the UV file then save the final obj as a new obj with the UV parameters. Is that's correct? Kelmar

BeatYourSoul ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2002 at 2:50 PM

Here's what someone at Daz3D had to say:

The uvs installer available on the product page contains 2 uvs files. One of them is to put V2 UVs (where applicable) on the V3 mesh. The other one does the same thing, except it also includes material groups.

There are no files included to put V3 UVs onto the V1 or V2 mesh; the product page has been changed to reflect this.

Steps are as follows:
-Launch UVMapper
-Load RuntimeGeometriesDAZPeopleblMilWom_v3.obj
-Import UVs (of your choosing)
-Save the resultant obj (with only UV coordinates & material groups) to the same directory with a different name (like "blMilWom_v3-2uv.obj").

-Open RuntimelibrariescharacterDAZ PeopleVictoria 3.cr2 in your favorite text editor (EditPad works well with large ascii text files)
-Replace each occurrence of "figureResFile :Runtime:Geometries:DAZPeople:blMilWom_v3.obj" with "figureResFile :Runtime:Geometries:DAZPeople:" plus the name of the file you saved from UVMapper
-Save the cr2 with a new name (like "Victoria 3-2uv.cr2")

-Load in poser and apply a v2 map

*Teeth and gums use Millennium Teeth UV's (or V3), not V2.
*Pubic hair didn't exist in V2, so it keeps V3 UV's

I hope this helps to clarify the purpose of the files in question.

-Rob Whisenant
Content Production Coordinator
DAZ Productions, Inc.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.