Sun, Sep 22, 5:22 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 2:04 am)

Subject: Maximum size image

denden ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2002 at 6:43 PM ยท edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 3:46 AM

What is the maximum size image available in Poser4? I would like to make something at least 20MB. Is this possible and how? Thanks.

denden ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2002 at 8:04 PM

I answered my own question by changing the render options and using a new window with the result being a 49MB TIF file. Much better than I had hoped for. After doing a few images I got an error "insufficient disk space..." Only work around was to reload Poser4 (or reboot). My Win2K box has about 30 GB unused hard drive space and one GB Ram. Is there any other solution to "insufficient disk space" problem besides reloading? Thanks.

Dizzie ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2002 at 8:59 PM

I'm curious, how long does it take to render a 49MB TIF file?

queri ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2002 at 9:17 PM

Here's the memory fix from Cl FAQ's Poser 4 Poser can't render high resolution images. Error appears "Insufficient disk space to render" After some intense investigation we believe we have a work around. It turns out that Windows NT 4, 2000 and Windows XP must be using some space for the pagefile.sys file on the same partition that Poser is installed, to render large images. The pagefile.sys is the virtual memory or temp space for Windows. An approximate minimum would 10 MB. This amount might have to be increased for more complex scenes and animations. The maximum should be 10 MB or greater. To modify the Virtual Memory: Windows NT 4 = Right Click my computer. Click the performance tab. Click change. Click the drive Poser is installed on. Enter 10 in the Initial size field. Enter 500 or more, in the maximum size field. Click set. Click OK. Click OK. Click OK. Restart the System. Windows 2000 = Right click My computer. Select the Advanced tab. Click Performance option. Click Change. Select the drive Poser is installed on. Enter 10 in the Initial size field. Enter 500 or more, in the maximum size field. Click set. Click OK. Click OK. Click OK. Restart the System. Windows XP = Click Start. Right Click My Computer in the menu. Select Properties. Select the Advanced tab. Click Settings, next to Performance. Select the advanced tab. Click Change. Select the drive Poser is installed on. Click the Custom size button. Enter 10 in the Initial size field. Enter 500 or more, in the maximum size field. Click set. Click OK. Click OK. Click OK. Restart the System. Poser will now be able to render up to its maximum size of 4090 pixels x 4090 pixels @ any resolution

raven ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2002 at 9:51 PM

The maximum size image in Poser 4 is 4090x4090 pixels. This will give a file size of approx 47mb. However, should the need arise, you can render even larger by setting up and rendering a one frame animation using current render settings.

denden ( ) posted Tue, 24 December 2002 at 8:03 AM

Many thanks to all...I'm a newbie and there is lots to learn. My goal is to produce Poser images that I can then work on in Photoshop where I'm trying to mix and match 3D and digital photographs. My editor likes the idea but insists on the final image being 50MB (without interpolation). The pagefile workaround sounds great. Dizzie...the 49MB render took less than five minutes. Took a bit longer in trueSpace.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.