Fri, Oct 4, 12:17 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 8:39 am)

Subject: Speaking of MOCAP ---- A bunch for free...

Norbert ( ) posted Tue, 24 December 2002 at 7:48 PM · edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 3:17 AM

Attached Link: http://www.e-motek.com/framelayout_entertainment.htm

Haven't seen this place mentioned before. They're now giving away a library of .BVH files that they used to sell. You have to register with a valid e-mail address to get to the files. The BVH files were in the 3DS Max section. I tried some of the in Poser 4. Looks like a lot of them need some minor tweaking in the anim timeline, and some of them will need a LOT of tweaking. I think it has to do with Poser figures not having as many spine segments as the BVH data carries. The backflips made it "contortion time!" Anyway... Might be worth checking out.

poserpro ( ) posted Tue, 24 December 2002 at 11:46 PM

just downloaded 3 of them, all work for me when I used the p2 man to test. haven't tested on p5 or vic..., but should be fine. very useful to poser. thanks for the info, now I got more BVH in my library. :) btw, X axis to load.

wolf359 ( ) posted Tue, 24 December 2002 at 11:49 PM

Waiting for my email password :-)

My website

YouTube Channel

poserpro ( ) posted Tue, 24 December 2002 at 11:59 PM

so far, so good, all work for me, there might be hundred of them.

poserpro ( ) posted Wed, 25 December 2002 at 12:12 AM

file_37856.jpg

a sample test movie.

poserpro ( ) posted Wed, 25 December 2002 at 12:16 AM

file_37857.jpg

try again. nice work.

darken666 ( ) posted Wed, 25 December 2002 at 12:21 AM

I seem to be having trouble importing the files correctly. My figure gets all bent out of shape. How should these files be imported?

poserpro ( ) posted Wed, 25 December 2002 at 12:22 AM

file_37858.jpg

again.

poserpro ( ) posted Wed, 25 December 2002 at 12:25 AM

just saved the *.bvh, and File > Import > BVH Motion, select X Axis and scale auto. voila.

poserpro ( ) posted Wed, 25 December 2002 at 12:28 AM

oops, the optimized result isn't good s it shown, so the gif is a bit....well, ou know. but all the BVH files so far work for me :P

darken666 ( ) posted Wed, 25 December 2002 at 12:29 AM

Hmm. Maybe I shouldn't use Michael for this. Or perhaps it's just the one I'm having a problem with. (boxing, punch, uppercut right) The monkey dance looks better.

poserpro ( ) posted Wed, 25 December 2002 at 12:36 AM

file_37859.jpg

using DS figure to test, no problem.

poserpro ( ) posted Wed, 25 December 2002 at 12:42 AM

seem to have problem with boxing poses.

poserpro ( ) posted Wed, 25 December 2002 at 12:48 AM

file_37860.jpg

a volleyball sample. fine.

wolf359 ( ) posted Wed, 25 December 2002 at 12:53 AM

file_37861.jpg

Working for me in Cinema4DXL!! IM using lifeforms 3.9 to convert for poser

My website

YouTube Channel

poserpro ( ) posted Wed, 25 December 2002 at 1:02 AM

no problem with C4D XL 7 when i loaded the first test sample, so i figured it is no problem with poser, and it proves right after i load it in poser 4. I don't need LFS to do the conversion, just load the BVH and poser can identify as the naming convention have no problem with poser, at least to me.

poserpro ( ) posted Wed, 25 December 2002 at 1:04 AM

my problem is...ther are too many to download :P turn out to be a good Christmas gift. :)

poserpro ( ) posted Wed, 25 December 2002 at 1:15 AM

file_37862.jpg

C4D bones.

poserpro ( ) posted Wed, 25 December 2002 at 1:28 AM

Cycling nonloop has problem too.

poserpro ( ) posted Wed, 25 December 2002 at 1:44 AM

file_37863.jpg

getting more and more. :P

poserpro ( ) posted Wed, 25 December 2002 at 1:54 AM

file_37864.jpg

cool again.

Kenmac ( ) posted Wed, 25 December 2002 at 10:44 AM
Online Now!

Thanks a lot for this, I enjoy animating with Poser and I'm always on the lookout for BVH files.

timoteo1 ( ) posted Wed, 25 December 2002 at 11:21 AM

PoserPro: What is the "DS Figure" ... he looks pretty cool. Kind of reminds me of the kid from that Daz3D animation dancing with Dick Van Dyke. Thanks for the link by the way! -Tim

wolf359 ( ) posted Wed, 25 December 2002 at 12:03 PM

Thats a figure from the now defunct abandonware
"Dance studio" From Metacreations ( Meta WHO???)

BTW that falling down skeleton is Hilarious!!
im off to DL some more :-)

_Wolf359, Founding Member of the "12 animators"-

My website

YouTube Channel

krimpr ( ) posted Wed, 25 December 2002 at 4:18 PM

Thank you so much for this link! Shoulda been under the tree with a ribbon on it... I would have ripped into this one first!

Nukeboy ( ) posted Wed, 25 December 2002 at 7:34 PM

I've tried all of the software versions but the file offered in my cart is a umf. How do I convert it or where do I find the bvh files? Arrgh!

Norbert ( ) posted Wed, 25 December 2002 at 8:43 PM

You have to click on the "Go get it" button after you click on the "Get for free" picture where the shopping cart is. Then you'll get a list of all the files you "ordered". The BVH files will be listed along with UMF, and some other types. When I was downloading the files, I notice that my browser was adding a .txt extension after .bvh on the end of the file names. After I started choosing "All files" in the drop down list before saving, the .txt extension was left off.

whbos ( ) posted Wed, 25 December 2002 at 10:04 PM

I don't see anything with a BVH extension. All I see is files with a UMF, C, and H extensions. What software program should we be selecting to use in Poser. I don't have Maya, 3DS, or any of those other programs listed to use with it. I selected Other and was only presented with files with the above extensions. Can they be renamed to a BVH extension, and if so which files since there seems to be three text files for each download?

Poser 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, Pro 2014, 11, 11 Pro

Norbert ( ) posted Wed, 25 December 2002 at 11:17 PM

Use the list for "3D Studio Max" "You have to click on the "Go get it" button after you click on the "Get for free" picture where the shopping cart is. Then you'll get a list of all the files you "ordered". The BVH files will be listed along with UMF, and some other types."

Osh ( ) posted Fri, 27 December 2002 at 6:19 AM

Attached Link: Stockmoves

Hi We checked the databases with 3Dmax, We understand the naming issue and problems with the boxing / cycling databases in poser... can anyone send me results of bad conversions to poser from the Stockmoves database? (help debug) Thanks Oshri

wolf359 ( ) posted Fri, 27 December 2002 at 7:29 AM

Attached Link: kata inC4DXL

OK poserpro you've got me inspired (1.6 meg mpg)

My website

YouTube Channel

Osh ( ) posted Mon, 30 December 2002 at 5:20 AM

Attached Link: http://www.e-motek.com

Hi Posers :) We are pretty happy here with the wave of Stockmoves downloads from the POSER community. Thanks for all the Gifs /Jpgs /mpgs keep e'm coming, We will publish a selection. IMPORTANT!! If you download data into your web area, get them locally ASAP. Due to the increasing number of downloads we will clean up userfiles on the srever 3 days after selection.... (till we get a bigger server.) I also like to ask you for a "wishlist" We are planning a "slightly" more commercial version of "Stockmoves-PRO" so: What types of Mocap do u need? What are preffered sequences length? What would you be willing to pay for a CD with about 1000 usable motions? What am I forgeting to ask? cheers and a Fruitful 2003 Oshri

krimpr ( ) posted Mon, 30 December 2002 at 8:18 AM

I think if theme collections were available reasonably I'd want to be put on a mailing list. I've seen collections for $450.00 US which for me is too much. (Non-professional user here). If, say a hockey CD were available for $80.00, a Figure skating CD were available for $80.00, track and field CD for $80.00, etc, I can see myself filling a small CD rack. For me, 300-400 frames would be preferable as you can always specify frames to render without having to motion blend, although obviously alot of it would be unavoidable anyway. Gunfights for the Western Crowd, etc. I think what you guys are doing is great and I certainly appreciate your gift. Background moves such as people in conversation with hand gestures, etc is helpful too... I realize that all of these simple motions are well within Poser's capabilities, but try to get 15 or 20 characters busy in the background as well as the main action, making sets, storylining, clothing setup, audio, etc and before you know it you have a hard drive full of unfinished projects. Speaking on my my own behalf only, of course, the key is to make sets affordable and expandable. That has been probably the key to Poser's success. (Daz, etc.) How affordably you can produce them is of course another thing... As for "Stockmoves-Pro", I just opened the CD tray on my computer... where the heck do I send my money order?

krimpr ( ) posted Mon, 30 December 2002 at 9:49 AM

Oh yeah... Up and down stairs, too. I've made a few of them but they aren't 100%.

MaterialForge ( ) posted Mon, 30 December 2002 at 1:00 PM

Thanks for the great selection of Stockmoves! These are awesome! I use Poser for my projects, so BVH format would be great. I'd like to see "Scifi" actions - such as "command chair" type motions, where the character is sitting, but are working controls, gesturing to other characters giving orders, etc. "Fighter-Pilot-in-the-cockpit" type motions would be useful too. As for other scifi actions, gunfights, chase scene style running, and antigrav-combat (characters scaling the exterior hull of a ship while fighting?) would be neat. One thing that might be overlooked are the "in-between" moves when characters go from one pose to another, such as standing or walking, then breaking into a run, or the opposite, when running then coming to a halt. The subtle moves there are really hard to get right. I'd definitely buy them if I could! Thanks again for the free motions! --silver

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.