Sat, Sep 21, 6:33 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 3:32 pm)

Subject: I Need Beta Testers!

_dodger ( ) posted Wed, 25 December 2002 at 3:50 PM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 6:28 PM

Hiya. I need Beta Testers for some of my upcoming stuff. The stuff in the works right now includes:

• Space Knight Clothing Set for Mike(Like a Jedi but formally not one)
  • Dungeon Lighting Sets I, II, & III
  • Dungeon Geomorph I

For beta testers, I need people who will be willing to give me relatively quick turn-over -- in other words, I don't want to give someone something and not see it or hear anything for weeks. That's part of why I'm posting this today -- if you're in here today, you're less likely to be off eating Turkey and unable to do anything due to the time of year, which means I can kind of expect to get a result rather quickly. I need one of each of the following: 1. Someone with Poser 4 on a Mac

1. Someone with Poser Pro Pack on either system
  2. Someone with Poser 5

Further -- the Poser 5 user, since I don't have Poser 5, will need to be willing to teak the material settings, as there are things that use transparency maps in this, and give me a copy of the tweaked version back. In return, you'll get to keep all the items tested and you may well end up with some items that don't get released, too, as I work on things. Those latters may not always be the best items, of course, which is why they wouldn't be released, but no one else besides me and other beta testers would have them! I'm looking for people who will provide constructive criticism, etc, but who will understand that if a product isn't being designed to include one thing or another that I'm not likely to add that one thing or annother just on a suggestion. Mostly it's a how well it works, whether the materials work, whether joints bend right, if the textures work, and so on. Please email me at dodger@dodger.org from your regular email address (one you can receive largish files at, i.e. not a hotmail, AOL, MSN, or Yahoo address) and let me know which setup you have.

lalverson ( ) posted Wed, 25 December 2002 at 6:19 PM

i can do it. have P5 winXP/2000 I can test them all in about a day maybe two depends one what I find and how long it takes to download.

nerd ( ) posted Wed, 25 December 2002 at 7:21 PM
Forum Moderator

So what you're saying is you need people without a real life. Well, I since I'm in here on Christmas day I guess that means I've got no life out side of Poser's twisted coordiante system. P4 and 5 on W2K and W98 P4/1.8, 1.6, Celeron 700 Ram 256 to 1024

pdxjims ( ) posted Wed, 25 December 2002 at 9:03 PM

Count me in if you need another. P4 and P5 on WinXP. 768 ram on an AMD 1.1 ghz. Very quick turnaround time. No life to speak of (sigh).

_dodger ( ) posted Wed, 25 December 2002 at 10:44 PM

L I think I have the bases covered, but I am keeping all replies in mind if something is especially slow.

Smitthms ( ) posted Thu, 26 December 2002 at 9:56 PM

Keep Me in mind also, if you like... I have PP & P4 on 2 seperate systems, both on XP Pro. My testing time will be 1 day, top end. Thomas

Nyghtwolf ( ) posted Fri, 27 December 2002 at 9:01 PM

Poser pro on win ME. If ya need another one. :)

_dodger ( ) posted Fri, 27 December 2002 at 9:55 PM

nope, i think I have propack SOO covered...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.