Tue, Oct 22, 1:28 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 12:41 am)

Subject: <FONT SIZE=6>THEFT ALERT!!!</FONT>

Thorne ( ) posted Sun, 23 April 2000 at 4:18 PM · edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 11:33 PM

I just received some very disturbing news from Yarp- (Thanks, friend!) As near as I can tell, there is a site SELLING Poser models, namely, MINE!!! And God knows who else's from the various free stuff sections. I'm contacting Zygote- If they are doing what it looks like, this site WILL be shut down- Everyone should check to see if they are being ripped off as well- http://anas.worldonline.es/aevmulti/ero.html Thorne (GRRRRRR!!!)

lalverson ( ) posted Sun, 23 April 2000 at 4:32 PM

Looks like one of obert Sharkey's is there his cassandra is one of them.

Legume ( ) posted Sun, 23 April 2000 at 4:36 PM

I've alerted the admins here, and since the site has a Renderotica webring logo on it we will investigate and then kick ass on the offender as necessary.

Eric Walters ( ) posted Sun, 23 April 2000 at 4:38 PM

I also see Nene using Kozaburo's hair (he even calls it NENE!). Looks like a blatant ripoff "artist". Converting someone elses work to StudioMax format does not make one the creator Growl Eric

Thorne ( ) posted Sun, 23 April 2000 at 4:45 PM

heehee- sorry Legume.... Yeah! You tell 'em! Kick their Poser piratin' asses from here to Spain! Thorne

willf ( ) posted Sun, 23 April 2000 at 4:45 PM

Looks like one of Phil Cs' also as well as some others. Thanks for the news, hope Zygote can burn this dude.

DigitalArtist ( ) posted Sun, 23 April 2000 at 5:00 PM

Holy Shit! This bastard is gonna fry!

Traveler ( ) posted Sun, 23 April 2000 at 5:04 PM

They have been deleted from the web-ring, wether or not they respond to my email request to remove the fragment is another thing. I have also emailed Zygote about this, as its a clear violation of copyright. -Trav

Thorne ( ) posted Sun, 23 April 2000 at 5:06 PM

Copyright law is international. Besides, the hair bangs and the shoes ARE my original creations. Oooooh! I can't wait 'til Zygote gets ahold of them!!! Thorne

PhilC ( ) posted Sun, 23 April 2000 at 5:09 PM

I have just emailed them this:- antelva@teleline.es The Camarera figure on your site ( url http://anas.worldonline.es/aevmulti/ero.html ) was created by me using the Poser 3 nude female. The copywrite for the mesh belongs to Metacreations, the copywrite for the adaptations belongs to me. I offered it for free download from my site and Renderosity. In the accompanying readme file I stated that the work may be used within the terms of the original copyright and that a credit be attributed to me for my work. On no account can the work be sold. 1) do not sell this work. 2) if offered for free include all the original files and the readme file. 3) clearly give credit to the author. Or remove the item from your site and any CD immediatly I also trust that you will do likewise with the other items on your site and give credit to their original authors PhilC

Traveler ( ) posted Sun, 23 April 2000 at 5:12 PM

That size 6 font is driving me nuts, please be carefull with the replies. Colors and slightly larger fonts are cool, but not that big :) -Trav

Thorne ( ) posted Sun, 23 April 2000 at 5:15 PM

Well Phil, I was going to email you, but I see you've found the notice. I wasn't nearly as nice in my letter to them: You are hereby ordered to imediately cease selling MY Poser character "Mikki". This character is STRICTLY copyrighted, and you will face a serious lawsuit if you do not stop immediately. I have contacted Zygote Media Group, the original owners of the Poser meshes and given them your URL. I can guarantee you will hear from their lawyers!!! This is theft and these models are protected by INTERNATIONAL COPYRIGHT LAWS! *******************************8 PFO has opened an IRC chat concerning this topic. Many, many thanks again go to Yarp, who brought this to my attention. Thorne

DigitalArtist ( ) posted Sun, 23 April 2000 at 5:18 PM

I sent the bastard an email too (scuse my french) But that just ticks my ass off

Thorne ( ) posted Sun, 23 April 2000 at 5:19 PM

...but I was shouting when I posted it! YES, PLEASE REMOVE THE >FONT SIZE=6< tag...

robert.sharkey ( ) posted Sun, 23 April 2000 at 5:21 PM

I see my Cassandra-Elf and others from you all. I think the best thing we can do is BOMBARD HIS MAIL ADRESS. I know it's spamming, what happens. This damned bastard must be stopped, all things i created are planned to be free and not for sale. All of you who had the possibility of making mailing-list can make one with allways the same adress and START IT. I for myself will do this. Hope many of you can do the same like me. SHARKEY

Traveler ( ) posted Sun, 23 April 2000 at 5:22 PM

No problem Thorne, 1st one is ok :) It got our attention.

DigitalArtist ( ) posted Sun, 23 April 2000 at 5:26 PM

Robert.....Spamming won't do anything buddee.......he can easily filter it out :) Legal action is a better alternative :] yet again......because hes a dumbass he may not know how to filter...

robert.sharkey ( ) posted Sun, 23 April 2000 at 5:38 PM

Have send this message to the following adress: antelva@teleline.es Message: I've received a message that you use Zygotes-Meshes which are not for sale. Zygote is informed about that, i for my person hope you will be contacted by a lawyer. For my personal character Cassandra (means only texture) i must say, this is free and must be free, means i check your site on thuersday if this stuff isn't outplaced from this site i promise, your email-account will be bombarded with thousands of mails from me and others. It lies in your hands. Hope you understand this warning. Robert Egli from Switzerland

Traveler ( ) posted Sun, 23 April 2000 at 5:42 PM

Um, guys, please watch the font tags in the subject lines. -Trav (not bitching just reminding :)

DigitalArtist ( ) posted Sun, 23 April 2000 at 5:47 PM

Trav LOL Im sorry - never seen ya bitchy before....

DigitalArtist ( ) posted Sun, 23 April 2000 at 5:49 PM

Heres what my computer came up with :] Hello, You are ripping off copyrighted material that has not been subject for sale. I and many other people have contacted Zygote Media Group Inc. None of these figures can be sold without the authors permission. Doing so results in copyright infringement, which means you WILL be prosecuted under International Copyright Law. What kind of person are you to rip off other peoples hard work and dedication? Zygote does not permit the reselling of poser figures.....they are INDISTRIBUTABLE FOR SALE. You Have converted the files to 3DS format WHICH DOES NOT MAKE YOU THE CREATOR! James Miyashita

bbascuba ( ) posted Sun, 23 April 2000 at 6:32 PM

I'll mail them. Those assholes (pardon my bluntness) actually stole your models. Thorne, you should be pissed cause I know you're cool enough to help someone out like myself recently. I can get others to do it as well.

Greywolf Starkiller ( ) posted Sun, 23 April 2000 at 6:34 PM

Sorry guys an gals. I breezed his site to see what he had. I was short on time, so while I thought some figures looked familiar, I didn't have the time to check it. Nene was obvious though. I'm afraid I'm rather naive. I just didn't think anyone would steal copyrighted meshes so blatantly. My apologies for not paying more attention. :) Greywolf

PhilC ( ) posted Sun, 23 April 2000 at 6:36 PM

If you are familiar with news groups, I've posted to alt.binaries.3d.poser

Legume ( ) posted Sun, 23 April 2000 at 6:43 PM

What's alt.binaries.3d.poser?

PhilC ( ) posted Sun, 23 April 2000 at 6:45 PM

ooops fontasticaly sorry :)

bbascuba ( ) posted Sun, 23 April 2000 at 6:51 PM

it is a news group. add it to outlook express or whatever you use as a new newsgroup

PhilC ( ) posted Sun, 23 April 2000 at 6:54 PM

20 questions answered about the internet may be found at newsgrouhttp://coverage.cnet.com/Content/Features/Techno/Networks/index.html Answer 14 deals with newsgroups. Take notes, I will be setting a paper at the end of the week :)

bbascuba ( ) posted Sun, 23 April 2000 at 7:01 PM

What account is this posted under. The newsgroup that is.

STORM3 ( ) posted Sun, 23 April 2000 at 7:09 PM

From what I can see every single one of the models is a download from here, Poserforum or various artist's homepages. Can't remember all the artists but all the models look very very familiar. All of you should also contact various Max forums and notify them of the situation as these are the places this thief will be targetting for sales. Who knows you might end up with a couple of aggrieved customers seeking redress. Good Luck!

PhilC ( ) posted Sun, 23 April 2000 at 7:13 PM

Not sure that I understand you bbascuba, so here are some answers that may fit:- I access via my ISP's news account netnews.mis.net Your ISP probably has its own server, failing that I believe there are some public ones but they tend to be slow/poorly/updated/incomplete. A web search on "newsgroup servers" may find the address. My posting includes the email address (pcooke@globalnet.co.uk) I know its not always a good idea to include a bonifide address, but this is my old but still active English account... if it gets spammed no worries :) err thats all I can think of, if you need more prob best to email me at pcooke@mis.net Regards PhilC

cooler ( ) posted Sun, 23 April 2000 at 7:16 PM

If you're going to bitch make sure it goes to the right people :-) From a DNS & IP trace it appears the offender is in the Madrid, Spain area Contact info follows... Webhosting service admin... finanzas@worldonline.es tech support... soporte@worldonline.es Home ISP admin via RIPE person: Marcelo Torrecilla Jimenez address: TERRA NETWORKS address: C/ Julian Camarillo 6 address: Madrid 28037 address: Spain phone: +34 91 3752107 fax-no: +34 91 3752320 e-mail: marcelot@teleline.es nic-hdl: MTJ15-RIPE mnt-by: MAINT-AS3352 changed: felicidad.martin@telefonica-data.com 20000126 source: RIPE and additional cc would be dnsadmin@ttd.net

bbascuba ( ) posted Sun, 23 April 2000 at 7:22 PM

My providers news list doesn't have your posting. I live in a little dinky town in New Hampshire USA. We don't even have DSL or cable yet. It kinda sux. :( I'll try to find you some other way.

cooler ( ) posted Sun, 23 April 2000 at 7:41 PM

If your newsserver doesn't carry a.b.3d.p, (and a lot of servers don't) you can access it via the free server scrappy.visi.com. Note to Phil your posting showed up at 6:10pm CDT on my server

Legume ( ) posted Sun, 23 April 2000 at 8:12 PM

Of course I know about the Poser newsgroup! Wheezer Wilco and I created it! If you want to know about it, go to

The Poser Underground Newsgroup Page!

Sherlock ( ) posted Sun, 23 April 2000 at 10:09 PM

Well... While we're bragging.... :0) I created alt.binaries.3D and alt.binaries.3D.Lightwave! I never use them anymore due to the excessive spamming, but I did start them ...honest. What do you mean "And Al Gore invented the Internet". I heard that! :0)

Nance ( ) posted Sun, 23 April 2000 at 10:11 PM

My ISP doesn't carry it either so I use another free service at: http://www.remarq.com/

DigitalArtist ( ) posted Sun, 23 April 2000 at 10:18 PM

::Cough::Al Gore's a pansyass::Cough::

Thorne ( ) posted Mon, 24 April 2000 at 12:29 AM

Many thanks to everyone at this forum and the other forums who rallied against this thief. Thank you cooler for that serious information! Haha! Now we can write and say: "I know where you live, thief!" I know that admin personnel here, R'otica, PFO, and BiG-i.com wrote letters to Zygote. Won't they love to see their mail in the morning! Regardless of our differences in opinion about art and forums and people and things, the community spirit I have seen come out of this is nothing short of amazing. As I said to someone earlier, I (we all) don't need to scour the internet looking for people stealing our work. As a community, we have a thousand eyes out there, ever vigilant and watching out for each other. Thanks to you all. Thorne

Chris ( ) posted Mon, 24 April 2000 at 5:44 AM

They have stolen some of my stuff too. I hope someone kickes their a.. Chris (<--- very angry)

"It Is Useless To Resist!" - Darth Vader

Ankhara ( ) posted Mon, 24 April 2000 at 6:22 AM

Hmm. Did my last message post? It appears that it hasn't and I did reload. Oh well. What do u guys think of this?? Subj: Re: Sad Date: 4/24/00 4:04:00 AM Pacific Daylight Time From: antelva@teleline.es (aev) To: Ankhara13@aol.com I am not selling models. I blindfold a conversion service to format 3D MAX of free models and of models created by me. I am already in contact with the creators of some of the models to include their creator credits. At the moment I have retired the models of this type of my page. I don't believe that a conversion service to format 3d MAX for 5$ the pattern is any abuse. Sincerely, a greeting. Ankhara13@aol.com escribi > How sad you are stealing other's meshes and trying to sell them as your > own. The things you offer are the original property of a major company and > you are going to fry. Lucky for those who are creative enough to create their > own original models and artwork, people like you are easy to trace. But I can > tell by the look of your website, you haven't a creative bone in your body. > You really should have been more careful, Mr. Marcello. Have a nice day.

Rorschach ( ) posted Thu, 27 April 2000 at 1:22 PM

His server, Teleline, is a spanish one. If you have warned Zygote, they should know it by now, but just in case: Metacreations' distribution company on Spain is Atlantic Devices (atlantic@lander.es). I'll let them know about this, as they should be the first to make a legal action, I guess, at least regarding Zygote's original meshes, wich at the moment of this writing are still on the page. At the lower part of the page there is a "not for sale" text. Was it there before?. Regarding textures created for free he's using, maybe you should contact Teleline about the piracy they're hosting. As I live on the Canary Islands and not in Madrid, there's not much more than I can do. BTW, what the hell means "blindfold a conversion service"? Rorschach

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.