Tue, Oct 22, 12:46 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 11:46 am)

Subject: Question for owners of BombshellV3 hair...

milamber42 ( ) posted Sat, 28 December 2002 at 10:11 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 11:56 AM

The following is stated on the product page: A Default Standard Complex Global Light Set is Included as is Required to Render Shadows as Shown in Images. Shadows Must be On Is a global light set the only way to get acceptable results with the hair? Has anyone used the hair with a small number of lights?

elgyfu ( ) posted Sat, 28 December 2002 at 10:57 PM

Yep, it seems great with small numbers of lights. Personally I avoid the global lights where possible coz the take so blinking long to render!

kirwyn ( ) posted Sun, 29 December 2002 at 4:30 AM

Agree. The results seem basically the same. I have yet to see hair that is truly realistic in any light. Someday.....

elgyfu ( ) posted Sun, 29 December 2002 at 5:47 AM

It looks particularly good in quite dark scenes - but then again, so does my hair!!!!!!

jaybutton ( ) posted Sun, 29 December 2002 at 10:34 AM

I have hesitated to buy the bombshell hair, though I am very happy with V3. I am curious if those who have bought the bombshell hair are happy with it. My main concern is how realistic it looks. Could anyone who has bought it, let me know how they like it? Thanks! Jay

Turtle ( ) posted Sun, 29 December 2002 at 11:56 AM

I think it's fun, to do post work on, because of it being so nice and curly. I keep trying for a classic old painting look.

Love is Grandchildren.

bijouchat ( ) posted Sun, 29 December 2002 at 4:27 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=301676

This scene had only a couple spotlights aimed at her face and body, and a global light from the top, plus a light coming from the back. Not very much, and the shadows were only turned on for the two spots aimed at the front of her body. I think the hair looks pretty good :) Was only a bit of postwork on it in photoshop, but not a major amount.

PheonixRising ( ) posted Sun, 29 December 2002 at 4:52 PM

Yes a Global Light set really is the only way it can render properly. It has to do with the way it was built. Like 3d hair programs the hair strands need to "Self-shadow". The Global light sets we make and the one distributed with it are the only light sets I know of that can create a shadow veil fine enough to allong the strands to cast proper shadows. I was going to make more of these hairstyles but will probably not again since it needs such specific lighting requirements. Anton

-Anton, creator of ApolloMaximus: 32,000+ downloads since 3-13-07
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

NEW The Poser FaceInterMixer

Spit ( ) posted Sun, 29 December 2002 at 6:53 PM

I just couldn't live in Poser without those fantastic light sets!! I leave shadows off until my final (or near to final..heh) render! One of my favorite purchases from the Platinum Club.

Jim Burton ( ) posted Mon, 30 December 2002 at 6:46 PM

Gee Anton, now if I only knew what a shadow veil was... ;-)

PheonixRising ( ) posted Mon, 30 December 2002 at 7:24 PM

A shadow veil is basically a network of criscrossing light beams that can create enough information to calculate a proper shadow to be cast by something normally too thin for the renderer to cast a shadow for. Hair is a perfect example.

-Anton, creator of ApolloMaximus: 32,000+ downloads since 3-13-07
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

NEW The Poser FaceInterMixer

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.