Thu, Sep 19, 9:11 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 3:46 am)

Subject: First Peek at POSER STUDIO 1.0

Sherlock ( ) posted Sun, 23 April 2000 at 2:36 PM · edited Sun, 04 August 2024 at 1:23 AM

file_125782.jpg

Poser Studio 1.0 will be ready for release later this week. I've gotten several emails asking for screen shots, so here you are :0)

Cage ( ) posted Sun, 23 April 2000 at 2:49 PM

It looks impressive. What does it do?

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.

rtamesis ( ) posted Sun, 23 April 2000 at 2:53 PM

How is it supposed to be better than Poser 4?

Sherlock ( ) posted Sun, 23 April 2000 at 2:58 PM

Poser Studio is a Poser add-on that will do exhaustive searches across your system, creating MRU lists of Poser every type of Poser file, so you can launch Poser from any file you choose. Poser Studio is also a character installation maker, a texture map editor and a 2D and 3D object file manager. It will convert texture maps from and to virtually any format. I plan to provide allot of effects for post-render work by the first upgrade, plus a few other surprises.

Marque ( ) posted Sun, 23 April 2000 at 3:13 PM

Now this looks too cool! I can't wait! =)

Ghost ( ) posted Sun, 23 April 2000 at 3:49 PM

hey sherlock! how about LIGHTWAVE import too! or a built in lightwave converter!!!!!!!!!!!

hund ( ) posted Sun, 23 April 2000 at 4:10 PM

will there be a macintosh version?

robert.sharkey ( ) posted Sun, 23 April 2000 at 5:47 PM

WOW, Looks like a really helpfull programm. Can't still waiting. SHARKEY

bbascuba ( ) posted Sun, 23 April 2000 at 6:34 PM

Oh my god.... Please Please Please make a 3d studio max plugin for .max format :o) > BubbaScuba

Tempest ( ) posted Sun, 23 April 2000 at 7:13 PM

no, better yet, a converter for Poser to Bryce exports. Ill be your best friend if you do

bbascuba ( ) posted Sun, 23 April 2000 at 7:26 PM

HAHAHAHA... It's almost like the little devil on one shoulder and the angel on the other one. Kinda like Nat'l Lampoons Animal House :o) > Do this plug and that plug. I love it. Do whatever you can man. Do em all if you can. I have the SDK for MAX but am not sure if it is legal to send it. If it is let me know someone. If it is and you need it my ICQ # is 54069299

josiahpugh ( ) posted Sun, 23 April 2000 at 7:44 PM

what's the web address?

Sherlock ( ) posted Sun, 23 April 2000 at 8:57 PM

SDKs I'd love to do all of the things requested. In fact, some of the things mentioned and on the P5 wish list are exactly the things I'm planning. One problem is the fact that there is no Poser SDK. LWO, 3DS, and 3DM I'm planning on doing alot to tie Lightwave, Poser, Max and Rhino together. Be patient :0) URLs I am moving the studio site to http://www.sherlockstudios.com. The software site will continue to be sherlocksoftware.com, but none of my sites have been updated yet because I'm so busy trying to get Studio 1.0 ready for release. OTHER PRODUCTS PLANNED I plan to release an updated version of my Poser Toolbox in a few weeks with an interface similar to Poser Studio's and with many new features. The toolbox will still be freeware as will a new version of Bijoux for Poser, Lightwave, and Max. Poser Studio will be shareware marketed through BBay for a nominal fee. THANKS, H. L. sherlockstudios.com

DgerzeeBoy ( ) posted Sun, 23 April 2000 at 9:12 PM

You haven't answered Hund's question: will there be a Mac version?

Sherlock ( ) posted Sun, 23 April 2000 at 10:03 PM

I knew I forgot at least one question :0) I'm a PC developer, but if any Mac developers out there want to work with me, I'm all for it!

Dreamspinner ( ) posted Sun, 23 April 2000 at 10:36 PM

At your studio site in the Archives section, there is a picture of a Poser Klingon, I've looked at that bad boy several times and sure would like to have him. You do have him don't you?

Xurge ( ) posted Sun, 23 April 2000 at 10:38 PM

Looks like an amazinly usefull app that will make Poser quite more powerfull. Great interface too. Xurge

Tempest ( ) posted Sun, 23 April 2000 at 11:09 PM

my god, I tried to go to that site today, hehe, I am phsycic, but you guys probably dont care

Sherlock ( ) posted Mon, 24 April 2000 at 2:01 AM

Old Warrior Breath is also on my "to do" list :0) He is a Poser3 character. I took the zip file off my site after a nasty note from Paramount ...go figure. I plan to port him to Poser4 and call him "Alien Warrior" or some such. There have since been Klingons posted at Renderosity and my Vulcan and Klingon morph targets are still there. I have no idea why they picked that one character (which I was selling or anything) and come down on me, but they damn sure did. I think it had something to do with the posters I sell. I hit alot of these Hollywood memorabilia shows and I sell original art at some of them. I went to one in Miami once which sort of had a sci-fi theme. Paramount had a booth there. I wasn't selling any Star Trek stuff there, but I was passing out flyers promoting my site and custom 3D work. All I can figure is that made somebody at the booth check out my site, and he did a little brown-nosing somewhere :0)

Sherlock ( ) posted Mon, 24 April 2000 at 2:03 AM

Hey Tempest! What do you mean you tried to visit my site? Did you ahve problems? By all means, let me know. Right now, the site is at: http://www.sherlocksoftware.com/studio/ and mirrored at the new home: http://www.sherlockstudios.com

Tempest ( ) posted Mon, 24 April 2000 at 1:30 PM

no, I tried to go there before it was up, kinda of an odd coincidence, but thats just my oppinion. works fine now

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.