Mon, Sep 9, 5:36 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Writers

Welcome to the Writers Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Wolfenshire

Writers F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 6:48 am)

Writers Gallery

"Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass." ---Anton Chekhov

Subject: Where did all the Special charaters go on my keyboard go?

igohigh ( ) posted Sun, 29 December 2002 at 12:56 AM · edited Wed, 14 August 2024 at 11:28 PM

Hi all, I know I don't get to this forum nearly as much as I should but I'm experiancing a totall brain lock. How do you call up the Special charaters on the keyboard (PC type), like the apostrophe or two dots over a letter etc? I know there is a way to get to them and assign keystrokes for them but haven't done it since Win3.1 (gosh, now the wrinkles are showing ;'(

Nosfiratu ( ) posted Sun, 29 December 2002 at 2:57 AM

Start>Accessories>Character Mapper. That does it in lots of cases. Anthony H.

igohigh ( ) posted Sun, 29 December 2002 at 9:46 AM

found it, thank Start>Accessories>System Tools>Character Mapper (here on Win2K) I used to remember that you could Assign custom keystokes to call frequently used characters? Currently the defaults are Alt+#### (4-digits) - can this be shortend?

Nosfiratu ( ) posted Sun, 29 December 2002 at 12:38 PM

honestly, I don't know...

igohigh ( ) posted Sun, 29 December 2002 at 2:49 PM

hmmm, maybe I was just dreaming. It would sure be nice since I've chosen to use some old Latin for naming conventions in a project at The Bleak Journey. For now I'll just do it the hard way

ynsaen ( ) posted Mon, 30 December 2002 at 4:57 AM

Sadly, it cannot be shortened -- it is a "universal" standard so that all systems can recognize characters of this type. What you refer to are the ASCII codes for the letters. A search on Google for Ascii will illumniate and even provide you with some wonderful pages to print out for reference. hee hee... and you thought you could escape me, didn't you.... bwahahahahahahahaha=== oops. I'll be good, honest! no, no!!! Aaaiiieeeee.

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

igohigh ( ) posted Mon, 30 December 2002 at 9:06 AM

OMG! the eyes of The Bleak Journey are Everywhere! They know when your sleeping They know when your awake They know when your not creating..... oops, back to the project sneaking away quietly

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.