Fri, Sep 20, 9:52 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 6:55 am)

Subject: Daz's vickie 2 vs. 3 figure

BDF ( ) posted Mon, 30 December 2002 at 3:23 PM ยท edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 9:51 AM

New to Poser. Want to buy Daz's Vickie and Michael figures. Not sure if I should buy V2 or V3 to get started. Daz just came out with Vickie 3. Are all the clothes, props, packages, etc available out there in Web land to put on the Vickie 2 figures compatible with the Vickie 3 Figure. Or do we need to wait until new stuff is created specifically for the V3 figure? Bruce

SamTherapy ( ) posted Mon, 30 December 2002 at 3:32 PM

V3 is very, very good but at the moment there is little available for it. Most things out there are not directly compatible. V2 is an extremely good model and I'll be using it for quite some time, even though I have just (yesterday) bought V3. You'll pretty much need to wait for a while, unless you want to either: a) Learn to use Tailor and/or a 3D modelling package to remodel clothes b) Wait for others to do it c) Wait for more V3 stuff to become available.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

LaurieA ( ) posted Mon, 30 December 2002 at 4:20 PM

V3 is the smart buy IMHO. There will eventually be fixes for the current V2 clothes to fit her and you get V2 when you buy the new Vicky anyway - you get V3 to V2, which fits all the old clothes. Then you get the benefit of V3's wonderfully morphable head. And right now is the cheapest the price will ever be. It's cheaper than what I paid for V2 when she came out, even if you buy everything (if you are also a platinum club member, you'll get the biggest discount). Laurie

IQof3 ( ) posted Mon, 30 December 2002 at 7:36 PM

does V3 work with poser 4/pro or do you need 5? I am also new and would like some info. cant seem to find these answers on the net. cant decide whether to go for v2 or 3 or some other model. theres so many out there.

arcady ( ) posted Mon, 30 December 2002 at 8:38 PM

What is it about V3 that makes her not fit V1 and V2 clothes? Her size, joint setup, or something else?

Truth has no value without backing by unfounded belief.
Renderosity Gallery

rodzilla ( ) posted Mon, 30 December 2002 at 10:01 PM

v3 works just fine in p4/pro...the reason things don't fit her is the same reason posette doesn't fit into v2 stuff..it's a different figure,the mesh is different the joints are different etc etc...that said the lack of "stuff" for v3 is almost certainly a very temporary situation and like has been mentioned already,you do get a version of v3 that does fit into v2's wardrobe.this is akin to the v2p4 version of vicky that comes with v2 which is sized to fit into posettes wardrobe...i really don't think there's much to choose really.v3 is a much better figure,she can actually look quite attractive with just a few minutes work,that's something i could never do with V2,she always seemed to look like "vicky" unless extreme measures were taken,v3 is much,much more versatile..she's worth it just for the head/face mesh alone

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.