Fri, Sep 20, 6:54 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: Needed urgent!

gebe ( ) posted Tue, 31 December 2002 at 11:26 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 6:53 AM

We need to indicate the best Vue artist for the AOM of January 2003. Only one artist can be mentionned. Pleses help. This is very urgent, only a few hours! Who is, in your opinion the best Vue artist? Thanks. Guitta

tradivoro ( ) posted Tue, 31 December 2002 at 11:37 AM

Well guitta, I don't know many people's work in the gallery, but I know yours... I vote for you... :)

whtbearfan ( ) posted Tue, 31 December 2002 at 11:49 AM

gebe my vote is for thomaskrahn, his work is outstanding!

sittingblue ( ) posted Tue, 31 December 2002 at 11:53 AM

Some of my favorites: linwhite, deadhead, shred300, pmermino, thomaskrahn.

Charles

audity ( ) posted Tue, 31 December 2002 at 12:22 PM

linwhite !!!

animasalva ( ) posted Tue, 31 December 2002 at 12:24 PM

for me dreampaint ciao!

kelley ( ) posted Tue, 31 December 2002 at 12:46 PM

THOMAS KRAHN!! Admittedly, there's a lot of great work being done out there, but Thomas has the edge on all of us.

spnnrmn ( ) posted Tue, 31 December 2002 at 1:21 PM

either linwhite or thomaskrahn

redon634 ( ) posted Tue, 31 December 2002 at 1:46 PM

It's always so hard to pick one person!! - I agree with many here - linwhite or thomaskrahn.

Porthos ( ) posted Tue, 31 December 2002 at 2:11 PM

Linwhite

MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
Intel Core i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 12.0GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 7770

PoserPro 2012 (SR1) - Units: Metres , Corel PSP X4 and PSE 9

Djeser ( ) posted Tue, 31 December 2002 at 2:36 PM

thomaskrahn or linwhite

Sgiathalaich

Peggy_Walters ( ) posted Tue, 31 December 2002 at 2:36 PM

Linwhite

LVS - Where Learning is Fun!  
http://www.lvsonline.com/index.html

Irish ( ) posted Tue, 31 December 2002 at 2:51 PM

#1 Linwhite!!

arry ( ) posted Tue, 31 December 2002 at 5:19 PM

thomaskrahn

MightyPete ( ) posted Tue, 31 December 2002 at 6:07 PM

thomaskrahn

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Tue, 31 December 2002 at 11:42 PM

Linwhite

Rynn ( ) posted Wed, 01 January 2003 at 1:40 AM

Linwhite. Hope I made my vote in time. :)

gebe ( ) posted Wed, 01 January 2003 at 4:37 AM

Thanks to all for your ideas. I submit pmermino for this AOM, because he is the only one of the submitted artists who NEVER does any postwork on his Vue images. I think he is a real artist, not only, but also foe this reason. Postworking is too easy and sometimes, not always, cheep.We were lookink for a Vue artist, not for a Poser or PSP artist. I will inform you when it is time to vote really:-). Thanks a lot for the time you've spent to give your ideas:-)

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Wed, 01 January 2003 at 5:16 AM

Rynn: Apparently, voting had nothing to do with which name was submitted.

redon634 ( ) posted Wed, 01 January 2003 at 9:01 AM

Gebe - perhaps you should have listed the lack of postwork as a sideboard to keep in mind when we were making our suggestions. I'm not sure if this was just a courtesy on your part to ask us who we liked, or if the vote is up to moderator's only in reality.

Cheers ( ) posted Wed, 01 January 2003 at 9:17 AM

Sorry Guitta, youre the boss but I am staggered at you decision. I think all disciplines should be considered (even post work, which I personally find not so easy), as long as Vue is the basis of the work they do. I know some absolutely mind blowing Vue artists that do post work, yet it now seems that they will never be given any recognition here. You asked for artists, yet you rejected Thomas who was an obviously popular choice... and does little or no post work. Sorry Linwhite, I'm not as familiar with your work as I am with Thomas's so can not give a fair comment of if I think it meets Guitta's criteria ;o) I must just add that I also think pmermino's work is outstanding, and well deserved (although I see that some of his images also contain post work)...but that is not the point :o( Cheers

Twitter: Follow @the3dscene

YouTube Channel

--------------- A life?! Cool!! Where do I download one of those?---------------

Odyssey ( ) posted Wed, 01 January 2003 at 10:21 AM

Hello everyone and Happy New Year :o) I don't post very often, in fact I rarely post in the forum, but I do read every threads in the Vue forum and this one is just outrageous ! Why, as a moderator, did you make this 'urgent' post if it had no sense at all and you were going to choose the AOM yourself ? Don't get me wrong here, pmermino is an excellent artist, but that is not my point ! The game wasn't a fair one and that is not acceptable for the members. Just my 2 cents Elaine

Jcleaver ( ) posted Wed, 01 January 2003 at 11:29 AM

Who has the moderators decided would be the winner of the AOM for January? How about for February? I am sorry, but this is what this looks like. With the uproar recently about AOY, it seems Renderosity is changing their way of business. And not for the better. It seems to be getting more elitist. May the New Year smile upon everyone!

MightyPete ( ) posted Wed, 01 January 2003 at 2:49 PM

Gebe then why did you ask us in the first place? I see it's already been decided but that's ok, sounds like now his name will go in another rendontest and that's probibly been decided already too. You should change the name from AOM to the-guy-who-fits-this-profile-sorta-cause-every-one-is-to-stupid-to-pick-this-artist-over-all-the-other-names-so-there Congrats to this months TGWFTPSCEOITSTPTAOATONST renontest winner !

arry ( ) posted Wed, 01 January 2003 at 4:18 PM

I have to agree this is ridiculous, why make an urgent request for "our" opinion on a choice for AOM and then blatently ignore everyones votes. What was the point in even bothering to ask?

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Wed, 01 January 2003 at 4:36 PM

Reminds me of a definition in Ambrose Bierce's book, "The Devil's Dictionary": CONSULT, v.t., To seek another's approval of a course already decided on. In all fairness, though, she said, "Pleses help. This is very urgent, only a few hours! Who is, in your opinion the best Vue artist?" She didn't say postwork mattered. Nor did she say our input would be weighed or considered. She was getting ideas, I guess, perhaps just to see if she was overlooking what she felt was already the best choice. In fact, she THANKED us for our ideas. She WAS wrong about her statement, "who NEVER does any postwork on his Vue images", though, as a look at his gallery will show. Again, in honesty, it is minimal. But, when postwork is allowed, where does one draw the line? THIS is too much, but THAT isn't. I spent a lot of time in his gallery. Wondering just how he did this or that. Routine scenes were turned into art. Yes, he is very good! I should be so lucky to be as gifted. But the decision seems a bit "tainted". I think it will cause people to not participate as much in future opinions. Finally, I hope it doesn't taint pmermino's chances for the title, though.

YL ( ) posted Thu, 02 January 2003 at 3:40 AM

I think we must remind some things : - Guitta's opinion is surely better compared to most of us, considering her work, her knowledge in 3D, all the work she has done for Vue ... - she asked for very very very urgent advice, Combination of this two reasons explains the choice she made. We also should consider the subject is not so important, I think, Hope it helps to cool down ;=) Yves

gebe ( ) posted Thu, 02 January 2003 at 4:13 AM

Here is the list of artists I have submitted for the AOM of January: pnermino Linewhite thomaskrahn YL I hope this is satisfying for you too. For the month of January are submitted some Vue artists, Bryce artists and Terragen artists. You can later vote for one of the outcoming artist. For the moment, it is NOT a vote, just a submission. It is only for January that we can submit a Vue artist, the coming month will be for other softwares. :-)Guitta

YL ( ) posted Thu, 02 January 2003 at 1:19 PM

Sorry Guitta (and others), I didn't know you submitted my name.

gebe ( ) posted Thu, 02 January 2003 at 2:54 PM

You have not to be sorry YL:-). Other moderators submitted your name too:-)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.