Fri, Oct 4, 2:19 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 8:39 am)

Subject: Best wishes and Happy New Year

DefaultGuy ( ) posted Wed, 01 January 2003 at 4:18 AM · edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 12:22 PM

Let's ring in the new year! Actually, for me it's January 1st 2003 6:15 PM where I'm at. It's been a very busy and crazy few years for me when I signed on with Curious Labs in 2001. Since 2001, the world has changed and it hasn't changed for the best. But, I like to remind myself that there is always good out there and it outweighs and overcomes everything else. The past few years have been energetic and interesting, none the less. With that said, I am going to bid a fond farewell to the Renderosity forum as a Curious Labs employee. Since my days working on Poser 3, it has been a great ride and a pleasure working on Poser and interacting with this wonderful community called Renderosity and companies such as NewTek, Discreet, VUE, Maxon, Pixels, DAZ3D, 3d-cc.com, and last but not very least, IW43D. Before I left on vacation, I was confronted by a good friend of mine who is the director of Graphics Arts at a local college. He offered me an instructor position. Beginning in January, I will be pursuing this as well as other ventures. I wish everyone best wishes for the future especially, Larry Weinberg, Steve Cooper, Spike, JeffH, Lyrra, Sacred Rose, Cris Palomino, BLRender, Keith Alstrom, PhilC, Kevin Amery, SirKrite, Pam Gray, Harvey Mann, Legume, Nerd, Anek, JKim, Brier, Ringo, Nosfiratu, Tori Porter, Al Wilbrand, thgeisel, Philywebrider, reiss-studio, ScottA, Catharina and the gang at Mec4D, Christian B, Joe Grover, QB White, Jeff Flower, Syyd and Colm, Seath Ahrens, Jack Walther, Rose Wahlin, Karen Cooper, Patty Conroy, Katherine, Shen, Fish and Staci, Helyn, Marc, Jake Linder, Stefan, pdxjims, lalverson, neftis, Tirjasdyn, leather-guy, Spit, Arendar, Artist3D, soulhuntre, BECamation, libertyart, nakamuram, arboruriam, uknight, pixelslave, saxon, Dagon, Erlik, EricofSD, quinlor, TygerCub, quixote, redon634, bloodsong, dlfurman, bshafer, Erlik, PJF, Dan Farr, Micah, Rachael, Reba, Rob Whisant, JOE LE GECKO, mepnomis, wdupre, Jcleaver,Dagon, yggdrasil, mariner, Niki, zechs, c1rcle, volfin, ARCHITECT, Dave71, wolf 357, willdial, Lapis, MindVision-GDS, milamber42, kristinf, JetM, PeterKovach, Zed, Zrincx, Kelderek, AprilYSH, Exotica, williamsheil, quixote, jefa111, dragonfly2000, Hydra, wtsmith, vilters, hpdrag, Paula Sanders, Puntomaus, redon634, kristinf, Hisminky, aleks, ilr, 1Freon1, jelisa, narsil, Commander_18, Stormrage, DoctorTed, Dave-so, 3DMark, pokeydots, Alchera, dialyn, layingback, Macsen, ghost13, arrow1, sekhet, dcasey0284, Mason, Huolong, marvlin, PabloS, JetM, mountainmaster, beniceman, lalverson, mickmca, Marque, MadYuri , Velen, Lorraine, RnRWoman, bkriter, ChromeTiger, williamsheil, sekhet, PoseMe , hpdrag, tasmanet, firecircle, ronmolina, Zrincx, compiler, ablc, herr67, Nate, ockham, Poserfiend, Kingfisher, alvon123, Jaager, GraphicFoxx, Mycrofted, dcasey0284, dragonfly2000, praxis22, littlefox, rogson, arrow1,, Jaqui, dialyn , BAM, Kasheera, AprilYSH, wgreenlee1, doldridg, TH, Crescent, tellmewhatulike, Wombat, milamber42, Jcleaver, depakotez, Gerry, wayneout, nyguy, Puntomaus, aleks, ockham, silver, wrpspeed, Kagato98, fauve, bracer, Stormrage, Mazak, corax, Crescent, Thorgrim, Bodo, LeRoy50, black cat, MeInOhio, mabfairyqueen, JBondo, wimvdb, chanson, sekhet, depakotez, LeRoy50, kfox, yggdrasil, gstorme, d4500, fauve, yggdrasil, hpdrag, Misfire, jamball77, quinlor, jobcontrol, Tirjasdyn, Zrincx, willdial, volfin, yoshi123, GraphicFoxx, ClintH, Terry Mitchell, Kenmac, Macsen, Ajax, ockham , virus, slink_001, and last but not least, Carolly. When things settle in, I wish to return to Renderosity. I hope that I will be welcomed back (as a civilian) into the Poser forum as a fellow artist and member, and not to some as an adversary. Thanks for letting me be a part of your world for the past four years. Be well, -Brian Romero aka DefaultGuy

Spit ( ) posted Wed, 01 January 2003 at 5:02 AM

Oh my. The very best to you in your new career, Brian. It's hard to see such an 'old timer' team member go. I remember those 'old' days when the announcement of animals in Poser 3 made me literally cry with joy. Teaching gives immeasurable rewards but don't be a stranger around here.

c1rcle ( ) posted Wed, 01 January 2003 at 5:04 AM

Good Luck with your new career & don't stay away too long :) Happy New Year!!!!

Dagon ( ) posted Wed, 01 January 2003 at 5:18 AM

Best of luck in your new job, Brian. Take care, and thanks for everything! ...hope to see you from you time to time :o) Happy New Year ! -Dagon

PhilC ( ) posted Wed, 01 January 2003 at 5:20 AM

Every best wish for the future.

philc_agatha_white_on_black.jpg

Mazak ( ) posted Wed, 01 January 2003 at 5:49 AM

ROTFL 'Catharina and the gang at Mec4D :o) A Happy New Year, and good luck!!! Mazak

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

Catharina Przezak ( ) posted Wed, 01 January 2003 at 6:08 AM

Dear Brian, best wishes to you too and much success. Happy New Year 2003 Warm Hugs!! Catharina and the gang at Mec4D :) Buhahaha

sirkrite ( ) posted Wed, 01 January 2003 at 6:33 AM

Happy New Year Brian and all! :) Brian, best of luck at your new job. :) And sorry if we drove you buggy. ;) Couldn't help the pun.

quixote ( ) posted Wed, 01 January 2003 at 7:36 AM

Who's left over there? :)) All of my best wishes for the New Year and the new career. I have to envy your students. You'd be a wonderful addition to any faculty. Good luck to you and the family. And THANK YOU for your work on Poser and the beta forum. Hope to see you soon. Q

Un coup de dés jamais n'abolira le hazard
S Mallarmé

SamTherapy ( ) posted Wed, 01 January 2003 at 8:20 AM

Best wishes to you all for the new year. :) By the way Default Guy, are you in any way related to the late actor, Caesar Romero? If so, you and I are distantly related. :)

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

davidm ( ) posted Wed, 01 January 2003 at 8:20 AM

Best wishes for the future Brian! HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE!!!!!!!! Dave :-)

Dave-So ( ) posted Wed, 01 January 2003 at 10:22 AM

Hey Brian.... Good luck to you in your new endeavors... Want to thank you for all the hard work over the last couple of months, especially, and the individual/patient responses to my problems.... Will look forward to your return here ;) Peace

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

pdxjims ( ) posted Wed, 01 January 2003 at 10:49 AM

Brian, Thanks for all your amazing efforts. Much luck in the new year and in the new position. Come back as one of the herd as soon as you can, we miss you already.

ScottA ( ) posted Wed, 01 January 2003 at 11:10 AM

That's one hell of a list you got compiled there Brian. 8-) I guess that means bad things are happening at CL. But I'm glad to hear that you found something else. Sounds like a cool change of pace. Don't be a stranger. ScottA

jobcontrol ( ) posted Wed, 01 January 2003 at 11:19 AM

I wish you all the best for your new adventures. You won't be a stranger when you come back here (as a civilian :). Happy New Year, Willy

Crescent ( ) posted Wed, 01 January 2003 at 11:33 AM

Congratulations and Best Wishes! Cres

Kenmac ( ) posted Wed, 01 January 2003 at 12:21 PM

Best of luck to you Brian. Happy new year.

Lorraine ( ) posted Wed, 01 January 2003 at 12:26 PM

Happy New Year and best wishes for every success in your new ventures!...I hope that this year brings you great fortune and happiness!...

dialyn ( ) posted Wed, 01 January 2003 at 12:43 PM

file_38988.jpg

Congratulations, indeed!!! Hope you enjoy your new venture. Do let us know how it is going. Hope 2003 is just the start of many years of happiness ahead.

Sasha_Maurice ( ) posted Wed, 01 January 2003 at 12:44 PM

Best wishes and Happy New Year to you! (and DefaultKid too hehe) :)

Pamola ( ) posted Wed, 01 January 2003 at 6:26 PM

:OOOHHHH NOOOOO! I wrote you a personal e-mail so I'll try to be brief. Besies, I have to go to the grocery store now to purchase more Kleenex :( As Jimmy Buffet would say, "It's Been a Lovely Cruise". You will be sorely missed, Here's to a Happy and Prosperous New Year for you and Aimee. Tom and I wish you nothing but the best, Brian... So A BIG HUG AND KISS to you from Pam and Tom. (Well I'm sure Tom would rather give that last part to Aimee, but I try my best to make him behave ;) Rather than Adios, I prefer to say "Hasta luego, mi Amigo." (Now off to Vons for those paper products ;( peeg

hauksdottir ( ) posted Wed, 01 January 2003 at 6:58 PM

Brian, I hope everything goes superbly, both as an instructor and in any additional undertakings. Being tapped to teach others is a high compliment! {hug} You are a welcome part of this community, so we'll be glad for your posts under whichever name. Happy 2003! Carolly

redon634 ( ) posted Wed, 01 January 2003 at 8:40 PM

Best of luck to you Brian. Thanks for the work you've put into making Poser what it is today! I know you can teach us a lot about Poser 5 - Hope to see you back here soon.

ChristianB ( ) posted Mon, 06 January 2003 at 2:49 AM

Brian, Wow, What can I say, I am speechless. CL is loosing another great employee, The little that I was able to work with you, was a real pleasure. Good luck with your new teaching job. Can't wait to see you back in here as a civilian, you really are a great guy. Take Care, Christian

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.