Sat, Sep 21, 8:42 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 1:47 am)

Subject: Tutorial: Getting V2 clothes to fit V3 using The Tailor

lululee ( ) posted Wed, 01 January 2003 at 2:44 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 5:56 AM

file_39063.jpg

I have created a tutorial to take V2 clothes into Codetwister's Tailor 1.1 and convert them into clothes that fit V3. I have put all the resource links for the files from FyreSpiryt and LordNakagawa. http://www.cybersounds.tv/moongoddess/tutorials/tailor/index.htm This is the first tutorial I have ever done so I hope people will not be too hard on me. I have worked with The Tailor for quite awhile. the Tailor tutorial that Codetwister has is excellent. I thought it was important to put the stpes in that get the clothes FROM POSER into The Tailor and the from The Tailor BACK TO POSER AND TWEAK. I have included all of these steps. If there are glitches in the turorial please let me know(preferably kindly). Happy New Year Includes Resource file links Prepare your clothes in Poser 4 for The Tailor1.1 Creating the morphs in The Tailor 1.1 so your Victoria 2 clothes fit Victoria 3 In Poser 4 Applying,and conforming your new Victoria 3 clothes to fit Victoria 3

lululee ( ) posted Wed, 01 January 2003 at 2:45 PM

Attached Link: Tutorial link

Here's the html link. Just learning this forum posting stuff.

Momcat ( ) posted Wed, 01 January 2003 at 2:49 PM

::poke:: You've got the same link for both downloads >^_~

lululee ( ) posted Wed, 01 January 2003 at 2:59 PM

Thanks momcat, hope I fixed it properly.

thgeisel ( ) posted Wed, 01 January 2003 at 3:06 PM

very good tut, i think. But something that i want to know,how does it work with skintight clothes and when viccy raises her arms, cause thats where i got most problems.

FishNose ( ) posted Wed, 01 January 2003 at 3:10 PM

Um, no not quite.... :o) On the second page of the tut, the two links are still the same, both go to the manikin. I went through your tut, it's excellent. Thanks very much! :] Fish

lululee ( ) posted Wed, 01 January 2003 at 3:18 PM

I know it doesn not work perfectly with everything. i just bought the Skin Cult outfit from RDBA. I could not get the stockings to work. I could get everything else to work though.

tasquah ( ) posted Wed, 01 January 2003 at 3:25 PM

Good job it turned out great Lululee.

thgeisel ( ) posted Wed, 01 January 2003 at 3:28 PM

yes, some things need to be remoddelled, but on the other hand, viccy 2 wants to be used in future too. she loves the temples ,swords and helmets :-))

lululee ( ) posted Wed, 01 January 2003 at 3:31 PM

I hope I have corrected these links. Brain not funcrioning properly!!!

Philywebrider ( ) posted Wed, 01 January 2003 at 3:49 PM

PabloS ( ) posted Wed, 01 January 2003 at 3:56 PM

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Wed, 01 January 2003 at 4:33 PM

and another bookmark

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

PabloS ( ) posted Wed, 01 January 2003 at 4:36 PM

Well done! I especially like the part at the end where you say "create art." I've been looking for that function. :-)

quixote ( ) posted Wed, 01 January 2003 at 4:43 PM

!

Un coup de dés jamais n'abolira le hazard
S Mallarmé

Sasha_Maurice ( ) posted Wed, 01 January 2003 at 4:54 PM

Thank you very much! :)

Djeser ( ) posted Wed, 01 January 2003 at 5:10 PM

Great job! This will really help me a lot, being so detailed and well illustrated. Thanks so much for all your work!

Sgiathalaich

LaurieA ( ) posted Wed, 01 January 2003 at 6:15 PM

:) bookmark

creativechaos ( ) posted Wed, 01 January 2003 at 7:23 PM

The only problem I'm having with this is the fact that if you have more than one clothing item loaded, the first item you load the jp's on seems to control the rest of the ones that are loaded... Might have to look into what to do about that won't I?

My Store              My Gallery

Remember...getting lost is the senic route to the eventual destination. (And a lot prettier than the straight road)

kayjay97 ( ) posted Wed, 01 January 2003 at 7:47 PM

Excellent tut and I thank you so much!!

In a world filled with causes for worry and anxiety...
we need the peace of God standing guard over our hearts and minds.

Jerry McCant

Netherworks ( ) posted Wed, 01 January 2003 at 8:26 PM

The problem with some of the clothes is that Vicky 3 has correctional JCM's that will cause her to poke through clothing at the arms and sometimes at the legs when she bends. You could try to more the JCM's from Vickie 3 to the clothing, but I don't think The Tailor is precise enough to make this work successfully. A better solution might be to make some magnets that simulate those morphs that can be applied to the clothing and used to spawn morph targets.

Cheryle ( ) posted Wed, 01 January 2003 at 8:35 PM

queri ( ) posted Wed, 01 January 2003 at 9:44 PM

Thank you so much, I actually understood the tutorial. Now I have to hunt up Tailor--that I abandoned awhile ago cause I could never work it.:))) Emily

FireHorse ( ) posted Wed, 01 January 2003 at 9:56 PM

Bookmark :)

GhostWolf ( ) posted Thu, 02 January 2003 at 5:23 AM

file_39064.jpg

Thank you very much, lululee. Your tutorial guide is very helpful, and thank you LordNakagawa for the mannikin figure. here's my test rendering.

lululee ( ) posted Thu, 02 January 2003 at 8:05 AM

Wow, I'm so glad my tutorial was clear enough to get Vic3 wearing some of the great clothes we've all invested in. So now let's all MAKE ART. Again thenks to all the people who made the resources for us. Cosetwister for The Tailor, LordNakagawa for the mannikin figure and FyreSpiryt fpr the V3JPsetter.

dialyn ( ) posted Thu, 02 January 2003 at 8:08 AM

lululee...do you have an equally helpful tutorial on how to MAKE ART? ;) Thank you for taking the time to create the tutorial. I haven't had a chance to try it yet but I am hoping for some time to play this weekend. Looks good, though.

Philywebrider ( ) posted Thu, 02 January 2003 at 9:25 AM

I'm still getting the two files as the same "Mannikin" file, what am I doing wrong? Is there any way i could DL the tutorial?

gstorme ( ) posted Fri, 03 January 2003 at 2:55 AM

Thank you very much, lululee! Excellent stuff! Philywebrider, the TEXT of the link is ok, so copy paste that into another browser window to get the goody :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.