Fri, Sep 20, 7:41 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: Viewing,Ranking , commenting.

deevee ( ) posted Thu, 02 January 2003 at 10:57 AM ยท edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 7:33 AM

I am new to this forum so please forgive me if this question is already answered.
Is it that the folks here are lazy or just do not care? how are inexperienced members to improve if no one takes the time to comment. The fact that it is viewed is one thing, but a comment would go a long way not only by providing valuable instruction, but also act as inspiration to a new users of Vue.

MightyPete ( ) posted Thu, 02 January 2003 at 11:03 AM

If you need help or want suggestions for improvement I think you have to ask. Nobody wants to offend anyone so if they look at your work and it so so they may not post anything. Just ask man you'll get lots of help with your art if you want help.

SAMS3D ( ) posted Thu, 02 January 2003 at 11:55 AM

MightyPete is right, if you need any help all you have to do is ask, also I am sorry, these last few weeks have been really wild, so I have not had time to visit anyone's galleries. Hopefully since the holidays are now over we can all get back to our regular routines and I am sure you will see more posts. I am pretty sure it is just because the holidays has kept lots of people busy, try waiting a week or two. Sharen

YL ( ) posted Thu, 02 January 2003 at 1:04 PM

Agree also with MightyPete. You can ask for advice directly in this forum with your image ;=) Yves

wabe ( ) posted Thu, 02 January 2003 at 1:23 PM

i commented now your last three images. And then looked into your gallery. I think you have received more comments than a lot of us in the last days. So be happy - that is not always the case. I agree with MightyPete (hi Pete) and Yves. As you can see, if someone comes up with a question here in the forum, we are all pleased to answer that as soon as possible. :-) Walther

One day your ship comes in - but you're at the airport.

Imagerox ( ) posted Fri, 03 January 2003 at 2:35 AM

I mean that you can post comments, good and bad. All criticism can be positive in the long way. When I wisit a work who I don't like, I do not make the comment that "this work I do not like", but I try to make suggestions to the artist.But please try to find positive things in other folks work. Make Renderosity a friendlier place for us all. :-))

Djeser ( ) posted Fri, 03 January 2003 at 3:05 AM

I'm sure all of us have images we posted that didn't receive many views, or comments. Some of mine have no comments, even though I enable them when posting the image. But I find if I want feedback, I put that in the caption under the image, and often will receive it. I have received a couple of unkind remarks, not from regulars in this forum, but don't let it bother me. Every time I've asked for help here in the forum, several people have pitched in to answer my questions. I will admit, although I try to see every pic in the Vue gallery, I often don't have the time, so miss things. I am still timid about giving constructive criticism, since I don't think I'm that good at Vue yet, and don't want anyone to think I"m trying to get above myself, if you understand what I mean. But if asked, via the caption, for constructive feedback, I will try to be better about it. I'm sure I speak for others as well, that not everyone feels confident enough to give advice! :o)

Sgiathalaich

kruzr ( ) posted Fri, 03 January 2003 at 10:45 AM

Morning DeeVee . . . nice to see you here. I agree with everything said so far, so there isn't much I can add. But, I have to be honest with you . . . this forum is much different than that (other) forum your used to! The people on this forum WILL REALLY help you, if you ask. On that other forum your used to, every body tells every one how wonderful your image is, whether it is or not, over there it sounds like a broken record. Here, the people will tell you the truth, good or bad, so as to try to help. And, they will explain in detail the answers to your questions, if they have the knowledge to do so. They won't answer you by telling you to search through the (quick links)! I think you'll find a lot of experienced & very friendly Vue users here, so continue to post your work & ask your questions . . . I'm sure you'll be pleased. Have a good one . . . Mark. PS: ( With your interest in scenery art, you'll be amazed what you can do with Vue, compared to anything else you've tried using. )

gebe ( ) posted Fri, 03 January 2003 at 12:10 PM

I also know you from the other forum deevee and I like your images there. The latest is surprising (the one with the dog and the Vue coconut trees). I'm just a beginner with only few time to learn this other software. You and Mark are already very good:-). Guitta

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.