Sat, Sep 21, 7:28 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 1:47 am)

Subject: AOY - Unofficial Popular Vote

Kendra ( ) posted Wed, 25 December 2002 at 3:47 PM

rohi

...... Kendra

dallas40m ( ) posted Thu, 26 December 2002 at 9:26 AM

Legume, The rest of the artist are all very talented to. But Legume's works make me feel and make me think. They make me laugh, or they make me madder then hell.

Warmest Regards,

Dallas

twillis ( ) posted Thu, 26 December 2002 at 9:48 AM

Legume. I only wish this unofficial popular vote could result in the same sort of prize he would have received had the AOY poll been allowed to continue. Best thing this vote can accomplish is for Legume to feel he has received all these virtual internet hugz, which probably make him feel DIRTY and BAD. Which is kind of a win-win, come to think of it.

Brendan ( ) posted Thu, 26 December 2002 at 9:58 AM

Dear ASalina. If people are confident that they have cast a just vote there should be no shame in their choice. There is room in this method to give other artists special mention as well so that no one should feel left out. It just calls for a little self-confidence in ones choice and confidence that others will respect it. A small price to pay for the sake of an open and transparent result. The "tug-of-war effect" you mention would be no different from seeing the percentage rating given to voters in the blind system. Respectfully. Brendan.

Lyrra ( ) posted Thu, 26 December 2002 at 3:15 PM

Do I haveta go around and stamp every thread 'Approved by Moderator 42'? This thread is about many Poser artists. (and Legume) therefor its about as on topic as a discussion of breasts on reptiles. And I'm not voting. Much simpler that way :)

volfin ( ) posted Thu, 26 December 2002 at 6:25 PM

I like how she put a distinction between Legume and "many Poser artists". That is appropriate, because the good doctor is in a class all by himself!

ming ( ) posted Thu, 26 December 2002 at 6:48 PM

...it's gettin' ugly !

Orio ( ) posted Fri, 27 December 2002 at 4:59 AM

My vote is for: Gevidal highly imaginific work.

JeffH ( ) posted Mon, 30 December 2002 at 10:11 AM

Official voting ends today so I'll close this one at the same time. -Jeff

Brendan ( ) posted Mon, 30 December 2002 at 11:55 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=12357&Form.ShowMessage=1015992

Forgive me Jeff, I seem to have missed something along the way? Could you point me in the direction of any notices posted about the *Official* voting and it's finishing date?, I am curious to see the information for myself. I most probably misunderstand the situation by thinking that the admins are going ahead with their plan to choose AOY in closed session, I thought the matter was pending whilst under discussion? The only reference to efforts of some of the members here to suggest ideas for solutions is pasted below. --------- 8. Re: 2003 AOY by tammymc on 12/29/02 17:12 Thanks for all the feedback. I am taking these to the admins for discussion... it will probably take a few weeks before you hear from us. thanks tammy --------- I find it perplexing that tammy has not seen fit to respond to the much longer thread of suggestions that preceded the one cited above, even though the thread was instigated by her invitation to the membership to proffer ideas. Link provided for anyone who wishes to contribute. I would be grateful for any clarification you can provide. Sincerely. Brendan.

jobcontrol ( ) posted Mon, 30 December 2002 at 6:29 PM

Legume

Mosca ( ) posted Wed, 01 January 2003 at 1:22 AM

So, has anyone managed to tabulate the results? And does "oficial voting ends today" meanthat the "official" AOY is about to be announced?

CyberStretch ( ) posted Wed, 01 January 2003 at 11:25 AM

Unofficially: 84 Votes counted

Legume: 28 (33%)
Toxic Angel: 20 (24%)
gevidal: 9 (11%)
Carles P: 8 (10%)
rohi: 6 (7%)
nirto551: 5 (6%)
EricClaeves: 4 (5%)
cneoftos: 2 (2%)
HobbyHopper: 2 (2%)
TerryGH: 0 (0%)
Mr Codini: 0 (0%)
LeDiscot: 0 (0%)

I did not take into account people who "split" their vote or posts that did not seem to have a clear vote; so my figures may be a tad bit off.

Kendra ( ) posted Sat, 04 January 2003 at 11:55 AM

Consider the fact that had this been posted in the Bryce forum, Rohi would have most likely come out ahead. The numbers are useless. This was a bone tossed to us anyway.

Very unfair to Legume.

...... Kendra

c1rcle ( ) posted Sat, 04 January 2003 at 12:04 PM

have you noticed the next AOM has been put up for our voting?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.