Fri, Sep 20, 11:34 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 6:55 am)

Subject: Got a big deal Question

pictakr ( ) posted Sat, 04 January 2003 at 7:48 AM · edited Sat, 07 September 2024 at 4:14 PM

How do you get the skin in poser to umm look so real I cant buy anything so tell me how with what I have because I'm playing with textures right now but it is really frustrating!

PhilC ( ) posted Sat, 04 January 2003 at 11:38 AM

Quick tip:- scan or photograph an orange, change its colour to pink in Photoshop or similar and clone the resulting image over the figure template.

philc_agatha_white_on_black.jpg

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sat, 04 January 2003 at 2:57 PM

PhilC - that's an amazing tip! rushes off to find orange

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

PhilC ( ) posted Sat, 04 January 2003 at 3:03 PM

I think it originally came from Anton. Just passing it on.

pictakr ( ) posted Sat, 04 January 2003 at 3:52 PM

file_39696.jpg

I sill dont get how to make it into skin?

pictakr ( ) posted Sat, 04 January 2003 at 3:52 PM

Sorry bout how big

Kagato98 ( ) posted Sat, 04 January 2003 at 4:45 PM

Hmm...I think that's a little too blury. You'll probally need a picture with not so strong of shadows too....But I can't help you there ;) . I'm not a photographer.

PhilC ( ) posted Sat, 04 January 2003 at 4:53 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=805996

Here is a link to Antons posting and yes you will probably need an image that is more in focus.

hauksdottir ( ) posted Sat, 04 January 2003 at 7:59 PM

Anton suggests using orange peel, not an orange per se. Take the peel off the orange so that you get a nice big section. This will be hard to flatten, so think about those Mercator maps of earth on the schoolroom walls when you peel it. Orange peel has zest. Really. That is what the oily stuff which squirts from the outside is called, and it is a spice. It will also gum up your scanner screen, so wipe down the scanner after you are done. If the inside of the peel is interesting, you might also scan it for texturing alien interiors of motherships. When you are sure that you are finished scanning, eat the orange and chop up the peel. You can "candy" the peel and throw it in fruitcake, or dry and grate the peel for throwing in other baked goods or spiced cider. Carolly

tasquah ( ) posted Sat, 04 January 2003 at 11:29 PM

Sorry no oranges or I would do it 4 u . I will pick a few up this week and upload it here . LOL that was to presious , thats got to be the bigest blurrest orange i have ever seen . Maybe you can turn it black and white and use it for a moon texture. Great orange tips Carolly I will keep thoughs in mind when i am finished .

tasquah ( ) posted Sat, 04 January 2003 at 11:44 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=12379&Form.ShowMessage=1031074

opps forgot , PunkClown did a pretty nice lemon over in the photography fourm . Cant say theres much different between a lemon and a orange as far a textures goes but this should work better than uhhhh what is currenly available ,

Darkginger ( ) posted Sun, 05 January 2003 at 2:09 AM

"Anton suggests using orange peel, not an orange per se." I now have a monitor that's covered in coffee... and I can't stop giggling...thanks!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.