Tue, Oct 22, 1:07 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 11:46 am)

Subject: Vicky3 to buy or not to buy?

marvlin ( ) posted Sat, 04 January 2003 at 10:53 AM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 11:43 AM

I am seriously considering buying vicky3, however if you can spare the time there's a few things I'd like to know first :) 1/ Can vicky3 wear vicky1 & 2's clothes? 2/ If not, can tailor make it possible to do the same? 3/ Can tailor convert p4 and or p5 clothes to fit V3 4/ Have any of you had problems with V3 I realise some of these questions may seem obvious to some of you, but I have never bought a vicky character before and I'm not sure how compatible Daz has made her. Any help gratefully recieved. MARVLIN

i7 5930K 3.60Ghz | ASUS X99-S Motherboard | Crucial Ballistix Sport 32GB DDR4 2400MHz RAM | NVIDIA TitanX | Antec 1000w Power supply | Windows 10 x64 Home

thgeisel ( ) posted Sat, 04 January 2003 at 11:02 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=1028081

viccy3 cant wear v2 clothes out of the box but one can use tailor and some freebees to make most of the clothes to fit v3. lululee did a great tutorial on it . and no probems with v3 here.

steveshanks ( ) posted Sat, 04 January 2003 at 11:07 AM

1..She comes with a V2 version of her that can..2, i think so there are a lot of threads about it...3 no idea..4, none whatsoevrer, i think shes fantastic ;o)..Steve

queri ( ) posted Sat, 04 January 2003 at 11:07 AM

There is a V3 toV2 that keeps any face morphs you have made and fits all of Vicky's clothes-- that comes with the purchase. The big question is do you have platinum club cause the savings are substantial with it-- otherwise it's a huge outlay of funds. Worth it in my opinion. I've only used V3 since I've gotten her, in whatever I can get on her-- and, yes, some people have luck with Tailor fitting her, there is a good tutorial on that in the forum, I dont' have a llink on this computer or I would give it to you. Even without the Platinum memb, if you can afford it, get her before she goes off sale. There are good textures coming out, so you don't have to get the textures but, again, these are the best textures Daz has ever put out and I'm using them a lot-- never used any other Daz texture. She is a truly remarkable model, if you can afford it you won't regret it. Some Vicki fits are being worked on-- lots of prop clothes fit her-- armor and such. All the Awful Soul stuff fits her from what I hear-- they are loaded with morphs. Now if she could just wear Dna clothing. . . Emily

marvlin ( ) posted Sat, 04 January 2003 at 11:08 AM

Cool, Thanks (says marvlin reaching for his wallet).

i7 5930K 3.60Ghz | ASUS X99-S Motherboard | Crucial Ballistix Sport 32GB DDR4 2400MHz RAM | NVIDIA TitanX | Antec 1000w Power supply | Windows 10 x64 Home

queri ( ) posted Sat, 04 January 2003 at 11:08 AM

No caffiene in my system, that's why I'm writing like an idiot, sorry. E

Turtle ( ) posted Sat, 04 January 2003 at 11:31 AM

Shes Wonderful and I don't have the tailor or the know how to use it. But shes the best Model I've every worked with. Actual your lucky you haven't bought all the old Vic clothes. Now you can sit back and get the new Vic3 clothes.

Love is Grandchildren.

Hanz ( ) posted Sat, 04 January 2003 at 11:35 AM

But what about all the horror-stories about the morphs taking ages to load and system crashes because of the excessive loadtimes etc.? I haven't yet purchased V3 because I'm afraid my measly lo-end system will choke and burn down once introduced to this hi-res vixen. I'm on a P-III 256 Mb Ram system running Win XP with a TNT2 32 Mb and Poser5, anybody out there with V3 experience on a similar setup? - Hanz

Porthos ( ) posted Sat, 04 January 2003 at 11:47 AM

Hanz! I am running her perfectly on a P-III 128 Mb Ram and Win 98. No probs whatsoever! :)

MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
Intel Core i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 12.0GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 7770

PoserPro 2012 (SR1) - Units: Metres , Corel PSP X4 and PSE 9

artdude41 ( ) posted Sat, 04 January 2003 at 12:06 PM

i have a pretty low end machine .. and the morphs do take a while to load . and remove ..have also had a few crashes .. but i must say ,,that over all its a pretty good character . very smooth .. almost no bend explosions .. i have a p-3 256mb ram . and win 2000 ..

steveshanks ( ) posted Sat, 04 January 2003 at 12:28 PM

i just have a P3 700mhz and i have no problem with the morphs, but i just load what i need when i need i haven't tried loading all..and i doubt i ever will LOL...using her this way shes actually faster than V2 IMHO..Steve

CatDabbler ( ) posted Sat, 04 January 2003 at 2:04 PM

Hanz, Currently I am using Vicki 3 on a C466 with 128MB Win98se. (that will change soon) I use Poser 4 to inject the morphs and create the charactor, save and open in Poser 5 to pose and add props... I couldn't get it to inject any morphs with Poser 5. Just sat there for ages! Hoping I don't have to play this game with when the new computer arrives. Lynn

SAMS3D ( ) posted Sat, 04 January 2003 at 2:07 PM

BUY HER !

ShadowWind ( ) posted Sat, 04 January 2003 at 3:06 PM

Loading the morphs all in takes several minutes on my P4-1.8, but I like to load them all in because I never know what morph I'm going to need in advance. I saved out a character with the morphs intact. This takes about 45 to 90 seconds to load Vicky w/morphs up, so it's not bad...

Just takes a little patience. I didn't have any trouble using her though once she was loaded.

She is much more flexible and can actually do a decent smile without looking like the Joker, so that's a plus... :)

PheonixRising ( ) posted Sat, 04 January 2003 at 3:30 PM

"I haven't yet purchased V3 because I'm afraid my measly lo-end system will choke and burn down once introduced to this hi-res vixen. I'm on a P-III 256 Mb Ram system running Win XP with a TNT2 32 Mb and Poser5, anybody out there with V3 experience on a similar setup?" Don't be spooked. Most of these were just people suprised by it taking longer than they expected to load. If it doesn't work you can return her. Anton Daz3d.com

-Anton, creator of ApolloMaximus: 32,000+ downloads since 3-13-07
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

NEW The Poser FaceInterMixer

marvlin ( ) posted Sat, 04 January 2003 at 3:43 PM

Right I've bought Vicky3, the head and body morphs and I've installed them. I have had a chance to play with Vicky 3's dials ;) and I must say that on the whole I'm impressed :) She was easy to install, the initial loading of all the morphs did take a few minutes but now I have saved her as a fully morphed up figure she doesn't take half as long to open. I have tried posing her and that is very impressive, I don't know all the technical jargon, but those disfiguring creases and folds around the elbows etc seemed to be almost non-existent :) I do have however one gripe, the default eye and skin textures are how can I put this......I know.."Pants". I have tried to find material pose files etc but to no avail. Could someone tell me, whether I have missed them or do I have to buy them as an extra? Thanks in advance MARV

marvlin ( ) posted Sat, 04 January 2003 at 3:46 PM

Oh there was one other thing, the lashes and eyebrows etc seem to be totally transparent ?

marvlin ( ) posted Sat, 04 January 2003 at 3:50 PM

Don't worry just found them!(marv reaches for his wallet for the 4th time this evening) :) it's only money and this is V3 after all :)

Hanz ( ) posted Sat, 04 January 2003 at 4:21 PM

All right, all right, settle down, all...I'll buy the chick. :-) - Hanz -> Marvlin LOL "It's only money and this is V3 after all"

marvlin ( ) posted Sat, 04 January 2003 at 4:29 PM

Go for it m8y, I've just installed the hi-res textures and they're great! I especially like the provision of a lip gloss effect that actually looks like lip gloss and not herpes as it does in the P5 material room, before now I had to raytrace the lips to give that glossy look which takes ages to render :( Also the body sheen and wet body effects are cool, all in all a cool character and a fairly painless experience. Thanks everyone for your input and happy rendering. MARV

Charlie_Tuna ( ) posted Sat, 04 January 2003 at 5:00 PM

Porthos, How do you manage to run anything decently in that puny amount of ram?

Why shouldn't speech be free? Very little of it is worth anything.

Porthos ( ) posted Sat, 04 January 2003 at 5:59 PM

Charlie Tuna! I don't have any other progs open whilst using Poser. It is a bit slow when rendering though! Hoping to upgrade this year! :)

MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
Intel Core i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 12.0GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 7770

PoserPro 2012 (SR1) - Units: Metres , Corel PSP X4 and PSE 9

Charlie_Tuna ( ) posted Sat, 04 January 2003 at 7:55 PM

My last ram upgrade was 128 meg :-) Win 98 has some issues with memory handling so an OS upgrade along with much more ram might be a good idea too :-)

Why shouldn't speech be free? Very little of it is worth anything.

EricofSD ( ) posted Sat, 04 January 2003 at 8:22 PM

1 NO 2 Not without a heck of a lot of difficulty. 3 Same as 2 4 YES. Can't load morps in P5. Locks up. I use V3 in P4 only.

kbade ( ) posted Sat, 04 January 2003 at 10:46 PM

A semi-side note or tip. Doing a full morph injection can cause apparent lock up on my current system (2.8GHz PC, 1M RAM) under P4 and WinXP. However, this is only apparent. It seems that the injections are actually consuming major resources for a short period of time after the cursor changes back to an arrow from the hourglass. If you try to click on anything during that period, you are restarting an injection. However, if you Crtl+Alt+Del after a full injection, you can observe the CPU usage and return to P4 when the usage has dropped to a reasonable level without experiencing a lockup.

EricofSD ( ) posted Sun, 05 January 2003 at 8:55 AM

I waited half hour and no go on P5. (amd 2.1g). Lets face it, V3 is useable only in P4 and only with a limited amount of clothing. Why its called Vicky I don't know. Its obviously and entirely new model that V clothing does not fit and cannot be made to fit without hours of work.

raven ( ) posted Sun, 05 January 2003 at 4:14 PM

V3 is usable in P5 if you copy the !DAZ folders to the Libraries folder in your P5 Runtime. I did that, leaving everything else in my Pro-Pack install which is linked, and now morph injections take no time at all. All head injection takes about 3 minutes, and all body injection takes about 1.5 minutes. FBM injections are almost instant. May be worth doing if you want V3 in P5.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.