Thu, Sep 19, 3:32 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 2:39 pm)

Subject: Poserstyle

Marque ( ) posted Thu, 16 January 2003 at 6:38 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 3:30 PM

Anyone hear anything since they said they were going to put up the next files by the end of the day? Hate to keep bugging them if someone else has gotten an answer already. 8^) Marque

Niles ( ) posted Thu, 16 January 2003 at 6:53 AM

Grrrrrrrrrrrr :( Grrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Marque ( ) posted Thu, 16 January 2003 at 6:59 AM

?

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Thu, 16 January 2003 at 7:29 AM

I second that, Marque. ?!, Niles?

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Dave ( ) posted Thu, 16 January 2003 at 7:47 AM

Same here. An update every now and then would be helpful.

Marque ( ) posted Thu, 16 January 2003 at 7:59 AM

They need to deal with this or they will get a reputation that will ruin them. I have always been happy with the quality of their models and other packs, but they need to somehow get word to us that they still exist. No "daily update" for a while now. I understand that things happen, but it can't be that difficult to pop in here and tell everyone at the same time what is happening. I usually come here to get word on stuff like this. Marque

Dave ( ) posted Thu, 16 January 2003 at 8:09 AM

Maybe a good email to one of them might shed some light, instead of bashing them here in the forum. Not saying that you, but around here things tend to take a tangent in that direction rather quickly. Dave

Spit ( ) posted Thu, 16 January 2003 at 8:14 AM

Looks to me like they're updating once a week as usual. I don't understand the beef.

Marque ( ) posted Thu, 16 January 2003 at 8:35 AM

Spit, you mean you were able to get the French girl textures? I'm confused, I thought the other figures were older, got them in an email while they were down. I'm talking about this week's download that they said would be up later in the day. I'm not bashing anyone, but I paid for access and I don't think it would be that difficult to come in and let us know what's up. If they are still having a problem I can understand and will wait patiently, but this not knowing is bad. Marque

Spit ( ) posted Thu, 16 January 2003 at 8:48 AM

I'm not looking for the French textures 'til Friday I think. Maybe they'll go up today. The current ones, yes we got links in the mail. I think they were meant to be the first new ones that went up when the site did...remember they're extending our subscriptions though I don't know when and for how long. So we're not really losing out in the long run.

Marque ( ) posted Thu, 16 January 2003 at 9:13 AM

Never said we were losing out, I have paid either two or three times, but the content has MORE than exceeded what I paid to subscribe. If they need a hand with something to help get them rolling I'm sure there are plenty of folks here who would help them out. All I'm asking for is info, doesn't take that long to kick it out, and it goes a LONG way towards keeping your customer base happy. Marque

Petunia ( ) posted Thu, 16 January 2003 at 10:14 AM

Some of us still don't have access.

seaayre ( ) posted Thu, 16 January 2003 at 10:21 AM

I have emailed them twice over the past week, and have not received an answer. I am not a happy camper. ::sigh::

Dave ( ) posted Thu, 16 January 2003 at 10:32 AM

Here's what I just got from the webmaster: ----- Original Message ----- From: whowardwhitney To: David Howard Sent: Thursday, January 16, 2003 1:14 PM Subject: Re: updates Hi David, Last week's update will be put up today, and this weeks will be put up tomorrow or Saturday. That will put us back on schedule. Take care, Will WHWhitney

seaayre ( ) posted Thu, 16 January 2003 at 10:37 AM

It's great that they are updating, but it doesn't help those of us who can't access the site anymore. :( That is what I emailed them about, and that is what I have not received any answers to.

Dave ( ) posted Thu, 16 January 2003 at 10:40 AM

How bout I forward a message to him then, since I was able to get a response. Drop me an email and maybe we can get to the bottom of your problem. Dave

Crescent ( ) posted Thu, 16 January 2003 at 11:14 AM

I had to access the site by using my current username and password, then to download the file I selected I used the old Verotel issued name and password. It was clumsy but it worked.

dialyn ( ) posted Thu, 16 January 2003 at 11:37 AM

I had the same thing happen that Crescent did. But they responded right away when I wrote that I was having problem, and reset the password. I'd give them another chance. Perhaps the problem was larger than they anticipated and they are overwhelmed.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Thu, 16 January 2003 at 11:44 AM

I gotta know if I have aunique problem or this is the way you all expirience it. See, I CAN get into the site, and there are nice Download links below all the stuff. But when I click the Download, it prompts me for a password :o( I have tried to change my password (twice) in my personal settings there, but still, I can't download anything. I hadn't tried after the crash, just noticed that I was in and thought everything was ok. And frankly the new stuff didn't interest me. But now I tried, and... No can do. So can you all get into the site and see yourselves as logged in? And then no download, or can those of you with problem not even log into the site itself either? I found the e-mail with the original password, but that didn't work either :o((( sigh

You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA

dialyn ( ) posted Thu, 16 January 2003 at 12:30 PM

Okay, I just tried. You're right, it does ask for the password again. But my logon and password are already in the little boxes so when I hit "okay" I get the file to download. I have a feeling that's not a great comfort to you.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Thu, 16 January 2003 at 12:33 PM

LOL No. Not exactely.....

RHaseltine ( ) posted Thu, 16 January 2003 at 1:02 PM

You need to use the old login and password, from when you first subscribed (if it was before the relaunch), to get the downloads - there is/was a problem with the access system. If you don't have your old details try contacting them direct.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Thu, 16 January 2003 at 2:01 PM

I HAVE My old password and login. From the Welcome e-mail. They just don't work :o(

RHaseltine ( ) posted Thu, 16 January 2003 at 2:16 PM

Strange - by "before the relaunch" I meant when they redid the layout, not the relaunch after the downtime, in case I was unclear.

pigfish ( ) posted Thu, 16 January 2003 at 2:35 PM

I have to use my "new" login and password from when they updated to get into the site and then use my old login and password (I had to e-mail them for these and got a response the next day) to actually download the files. Strange, but it works. The new login is alpha only and the old login is numeric only if that helps anyone to identify them.

MeInOhio ( ) posted Thu, 16 January 2003 at 3:32 PM

I'm mew to Poserstyle - about a week now. My password doesn't work to login in. But if I go to the members area and click on the word download for an members item, it will ask me for my usernamepassword. I type in what they sent me and I can download my selection. After that I can just select other downloads (by clicking on the word download) and it doesn't ask me for my password again. Hope this is some help to someone. Kevin

seaayre ( ) posted Thu, 16 January 2003 at 3:54 PM

That is about what is happening to me now, MeInOhio. I finally heard back from one of the PoserStyle people after emailing them again this afternoon. He sent me a temporary login name and password, which still gives me the message about a login error after I enter it, but now I can go to the downloads and it recognizes the old password and username there. Geesh. Hope they get this all straightened out soon, but I am happy to be able to download again. :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.