Fri, Sep 20, 11:41 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 6:55 am)

Subject: P5 render freezes when lights added.

lululee ( ) posted Sat, 18 January 2003 at 9:23 AM ยท edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 9:35 AM

When I add a lot of the different light packages in P5 the render starts adding textures and never gets any farther. 3Ds lights are some of my favorites. P5 totally chokes as it does with almos all of the environment lights from scenes i bought. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

alamanos ( ) posted Sat, 18 January 2003 at 10:12 AM

happens to me about 50% of the time... very annoying.. only solution i know is to delete the previous set of lights before adding a new light set.. deleting them one by one can take forever... do a search for python in the free stuff.. there are a few python scripts that will reset the lights alamanos

compiler ( ) posted Sat, 18 January 2003 at 10:15 AM

file_41895.gif

Sometimes it is the shadow map that does it. Try to use only ray tracing shadows and not depth map shadows. I don't know what's the difference in the results because I never could render a single image with the depth map option on. LOL On the other hand, I have not tried again since SR2. May be they solved the problem ? I'd be interested to know if it works.

Compiler

lululee ( ) posted Sat, 18 January 2003 at 10:41 AM

Thanks compiler, It really helped to take the shadow maps off. It doesn't freeze now. Weird isn't it. I thought ray trace was a more difficult render.

Himico ( ) posted Sat, 18 January 2003 at 10:49 AM

Probably P5 keep searching for textures, and freezes. However, P5 is much better after SR2.

sandoppe ( ) posted Sat, 18 January 2003 at 10:58 AM

Thanks for this post. I was experiencing similar results with lights that do not come with P5. I will try this the next time I use other lights.

Crescent ( ) posted Sat, 18 January 2003 at 12:15 PM

Thanks! I have a large number of lights files that are affected by this and I was going nuts trying to figure out what was causing the problem. (And the only common factor seemed to be these were my favorite light sets.) Happy Dance time!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.