Sun, Sep 22, 1:34 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 10:34 pm)

Subject: New chainmail textures - image (slight nudity)(comments please)

pdblake ( ) posted Mon, 01 May 2000 at 2:36 PM ยท edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 1:31 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_126212.jpg

Here are the new chainmail textures I was talking about (see thread below somewhere). The one on the left is a bump map and texture. The centre one is the same BUM with a lighter texture. The one on the right is a trans map and texture (would probably look better with underclothes on). They're just test textures at the moment, but I intend to make some proper clothing textures with them. If anyone wants them I will put them up on my site later this week. They aren,t for any particular clothing item as yet, but are large enough to cover just about anything. Be warned they are large bitmap files (about 1.7 meg each, but all 5 zipped up to just under 50k).

Balaan ( ) posted Mon, 01 May 2000 at 2:45 PM

when you put them up please let me know,i am always looking for some good chainmail textures and those look great :o)

Sprout ( ) posted Mon, 01 May 2000 at 8:32 PM

They are Excelent and would come in REAL handy for me here soon. Great work! Sprout

Roshigoth ( ) posted Mon, 01 May 2000 at 9:07 PM

Same here.. great work. =) Rosh

Vraylle ( ) posted Tue, 02 May 2000 at 9:27 AM

I like any chainmail I see...but I have to say (as someone that makes the real thing) that the scale seems off. The links are generally 3/8 or 5/16 in diameter...not quite so dense. Still, it looks good. (My first post!) :)

pdblake ( ) posted Tue, 02 May 2000 at 1:07 PM

Vraylle, they were actually made using a photograph of the real thing but my experience with PS isn't that brilliant, and unfotunately the picture I had to play with were a little too small to get any detail out of. The transmap is obviously a little more fantasy based, and probably doesn't look anything like the realthing. OK, I'll post them on my site by the end of this week. I'll post the address later.

true.northstar ( ) posted Tue, 02 May 2000 at 4:44 PM

These are really great. I like the middle one best, I think the one on the right would look great with clothes underneath.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.