Thu, Sep 19, 3:54 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 3:48 pm)

Subject: Creating a cartoon movie from Poser 4

MermaidsTail ( ) posted Sun, 19 January 2003 at 10:01 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 9:11 AM

I've been trying to get the movie renderer to generate a cartoon-like output for a few days now but all I get is rendered images. Is it possible? If so, how? Brian Brookwell

The 4th Party ( ) posted Sun, 19 January 2003 at 10:19 PM

go to Animation/ make movie Sequence Type- AVI for movies Image files for a still of each frame Resolution- Current Display Settings if using cartoon or cartoon w/lines for the display or Current Sketch settings if you have a sketch designer setting that you want it rendered at hope that answers your question :)

EricofSD ( ) posted Sun, 19 January 2003 at 11:12 PM

The guy to talk to about that is KenS. I think he's still around on the Bryce forum maybe.

odeathoflife ( ) posted Mon, 20 January 2003 at 12:46 AM

file_42176.jpg

What I do is turn on the cartoon shader button, then export it as a swf, then from flash I export to my movie format. It's a long way around but you get nice looking cartoons that way,,,I made this in 2 seconds so it's not grreat but you get the idea (the colour is better in a avi or mov format as well of course :)

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

www.3rddimensiongraphics.net

odeathoflife ( ) posted Mon, 20 January 2003 at 12:48 AM

I do the render as currwnt display as well I never mentioned that.

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

www.3rddimensiongraphics.net

ChristianB ( ) posted Mon, 20 January 2003 at 1:41 AM

The flash option works but is not totally necessary, (Unless you are doing animation for the web) Here is what I do, I select cartoon or cartoon with lines document display style. Animate my scene then I go to animation/make movie/select the "Use current display setting" and then I save my movie as an AVI. It renders fairly fast. Definitely try the sketch render too, this one is really cool and surprisingly it also renders quick. If you want really - really want a cool cartoon render - Poser 5 has a new toon shader that can be applied to anything.... The results are amazing...... It is way better than using the cartoon display mode. :) Good Luck, have fun expermenting!

jjsemp ( ) posted Mon, 20 January 2003 at 3:14 AM

The Poser 5 toon shader renders TEXTURES in toon mode, too. The cartoon with line mode doesn't do textures. This makes the Poser 5 toon shader a much better solution. -jjsemp

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.