Sat, Sep 21, 9:41 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / 3D Modeling

Welcome to the 3D Modeling Forum

Forum Moderators: Lobo3433

3D Modeling F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 9:12 am)

Freeware 3D Modeling Software Links:
Blender | Trimble Sketchup | Wings 3D | Anim8or | Metasequoia | Clara IO (Browser-based 3d modeler)

Check out the
MarketPlace Wishing Well, as a content creator's resource for your next project.

"What 3D Program Should I buy?" Not one person here can really tell you what's best for you, as everyone has their own taste in workflow. Try the demo or learning edition of the program you're interested in, this is the only way to find out which programs you like.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: wings forum opened at cg talk

TRAVISB ( ) posted Wed, 22 January 2003 at 1:42 AM · edited Thu, 05 September 2024 at 2:46 PM

just had a wings forum opend at cg talk Baz if your reading id like you to post your quad tut over there man not to pull you guys out of here just another place to post as well as here! www.cgtalk.com wings forum im the mod cerreto is my nickk name there

BazC ( ) posted Wed, 22 January 2003 at 3:02 AM

I'd be glad to! Baz

BazC ( ) posted Wed, 22 January 2003 at 5:12 AM

I've signed on, there's no tutorial thread yet are you going to start one? Do you want it posted as a link to R'osity or posted in full? This excellent by the way, Wings is really starting to take off! Oh I was reading that Bjorng is planning to add multiple modelling windows in the future! Baz

Spike ( ) posted Wed, 22 January 2003 at 11:03 AM

If members show an interest in Wings, we will start a forum here for it as well.

You can't call it work if you love it... Zen Tambour

BazC ( ) posted Wed, 22 January 2003 at 11:14 AM

Yeah! I cast 15,000 votes for a wings forum :o) Baz

Axe555 ( ) posted Wed, 22 January 2003 at 3:27 PM

I've been having a blast learning Wings. By all means Spike, start a forum here for it! Rich

rhettro ( ) posted Thu, 23 January 2003 at 8:51 AM

Having heard nothing but good things about Wings, I definately am going to try it out. A Wings forum here would go quite well. I suggest giving the Imagine forum the axe, and adding the Wings forum. I used to own Imagine, but it has been outclassed for sometime.

Bryde ( ) posted Thu, 23 January 2003 at 9:30 AM

Blast....my message got eaten! Pressing the preview button and off it went into cybernirwana....

Ok...here's it again: we have now 4 places to go every day for informations, hints, tutorials and stuff for Wings3D:

Wings Warm and Fuzzy - the official Wings3D forum, where Bjn hangs around and tells us the latest additions and fixes for the program
http://pub33.ezboard.com/bnendowingsmirai

CG chat - Wings3D - a little less active forum
http://www.cgchat.com/board/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=69

CG Talk - Wings3D - the latest addition to the forums, where the pros hang off
http://www.cgtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?s=e9d9d274dd28260ba809b9ab81f46383&forumid=83

The Fellowship 3D Training Forum - a new small forum, which started fast and cool with 3 text-only tutorials, but hasn't been updated lately
http://novogate.com/forums/424/1882/index.html

So this means for us newbies, you have to go around at least to 4 places every day to gather together the Gems about Wings3D, scattered all over the Net. I'd really love it, if there just would be ONE place with ALL the cool informations, hints, tips, tutorials about Wings3D, instead of spending hours digging through cross-postings with the same informations, just to find one new info. Especially if you see, that most members of one forum are members on the others too...

But on the other side I do understand the value of having more forums in places, where the experienced modelers hang off. Gives the program some promotion boost and maybe even more tutorials for us newbies.

So I'm not complaining if we have just another forum here at Rosity, especially cause I already come here every day for Poser stuff and more...LOL!

Besides...it's pretty exciting to watch the wave for the program increasing this fast...Bjn must feel pretty proud of his "baby"!

BazC ( ) posted Thu, 23 January 2003 at 10:29 AM

There is a manual available, you'll have to search for it at Wings Warm and Fuzzy (link from the main Wings page) I don't know how good it is but I do know it's a litle out of date, Bjorng just brings out new versions so fast. I don't think there's going to be a new version until Wings is more or less done. Your best bet is probably to do a few tutorials, my conversion of TravisB's quad tutorial is a good place to start. It's on this forum a page or two down in the archive, just do a search for BazC and you should find it. It's in two parts and gives all the info you need to get you started in wings! Cheers Baz

jstro ( ) posted Thu, 23 January 2003 at 10:31 AM

Attached Link: http://www.wings3d.com/Nov06_User_Manual.pdf

Yeah, I wrote a User Manual, with the help of a lot of people at the Wings Forum. It was done in Open Office. Quaestor converted it to PDF for me, and Bjorn is hosting it at the URL posted here. It's a bit out of date now (since Wings updates so often) but the basics still work the same. It should be enough to get you started. jon

~jon
My Blog - Mad Utopia Writing in a new era.

BazC ( ) posted Thu, 23 January 2003 at 10:31 AM

Travis, I've posted a link to the tut under your Ken Brilliant thread. I can post it again when there's a proper tutorial thread if you want! Baz

jstro ( ) posted Thu, 23 January 2003 at 10:54 AM

Attached Link: http://pub33.ezboard.com/fnendowingsmiraifrm3.showMessage?topicID=258.topic

Direct linking to the User Manual from here does not seem to work. So if anyone wants to download the PDF manual, go to the Wings Warm and Fuzzy Forum Q&A section and click on it from there. The thread where it can be found is linked here. jon

~jon
My Blog - Mad Utopia Writing in a new era.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.