Tue, Oct 22, 12:49 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 12:41 am)

Subject: Who is Who in Poser Land ? Beginner Question - Very Basic

Strixowl ( ) posted Wed, 22 January 2003 at 6:31 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 12:48 AM

Who is Who in Poser Land ? Beginner Question - Very Basic Please take a look at what I put together below. To a beginner trying to figure out the characters can be a real pain & most confusing. I realize there are other products but I would like to know if at least the following is correct. Thanks in advance. Poser Adult Figures POSER - Meta Creations/Curious Labs P2 Female - P3 Female - P4 Female P2 Male - P3 Male - P4 Male DAZ Studios (advanced human models for Poser) Note: these models have been called many names, but they all refer to the same figure: Female - (Millennium Woman & I've heard of a character named Millie). Victoria or Vicky (Advanced/Related P4 Female) Victoria 2 or Vicky 2 Victoria 3 or Vicky 3 (Some think the name should have changed because V3 is so different) Male - (Millennium Man) Michael 1 or Mike (Advanced/Related P4 Male) Michael 2 or Mike 2 Michael V3 or Mike V3 (I gave this name to Vicky 3 with the Victoria 3.0 Male Morph Pak) Second Female character from DAZ Stephanie (which is actually based on the Michael 2 mesh which means she has the muscular morphs inherited from him.

sirkrite ( ) posted Wed, 22 January 2003 at 6:50 PM

You missed... Poser Adult Figures P5 Female Judy P5 Male Done

sirkrite ( ) posted Wed, 22 January 2003 at 6:51 PM

Done = Don

Porthos ( ) posted Wed, 22 January 2003 at 6:55 PM

And the Mill Kids! :)

MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
Intel Core i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 12.0GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 7770

PoserPro 2012 (SR1) - Units: Metres , Corel PSP X4 and PSE 9

melanie ( ) posted Wed, 22 January 2003 at 7:35 PM

Technically, if I remember back that far, Millie was the name someone gave to the original Vicki 1 before she was actually released. None of us knew what her name was yet, and since she was the "Millennium Woman" someone dubbed her Millie, until DAZ released her under the name of Victoria. I believe later on, someone else developed a character off of Vicki and then called her Millie, but I'm not sure. Melanie

JettBoy ( ) posted Wed, 22 January 2003 at 8:16 PM

Sounds like you've about got it. Also, you'll doubtless hear of "Dork" and "Posette". These are pet names for the P4 male and female default figures.

Stormrage ( ) posted Wed, 22 January 2003 at 8:59 PM

Jagger did Millie http://www.jaager.com/ClubVickiLobby01.htm

hankim ( ) posted Wed, 22 January 2003 at 9:32 PM

There is also Eve, an enhancement of Posette by Traveler, as well as some third-party original figures, like Dina and Solandra, just to name two..I'm sure others can name some more...

Strixowl ( ) posted Wed, 22 January 2003 at 9:50 PM

Wow!! I posted at 6:30 pm Pacific time and look at the response. Thanks for filling in the blanks. Wish I could give this info to New Newbies :-) Thanks!! Your all great!!

elgyfu ( ) posted Thu, 23 January 2003 at 12:49 AM

Daz also did NYW (nude Young Woman) who was like the Poser 4 people and was quite popular.

Finister ( ) posted Thu, 23 January 2003 at 12:58 AM

There's also some figures made by independent modelers: Nadya by Nesterenko Natalia by Dcort Dina by DSI

lmckenzie ( ) posted Thu, 23 January 2003 at 1:36 AM

P4 boy and girl. Azura by Traveler = Eve remapped with a seperate texture map for the head. Femina by Traveler = Vicky with genital morphs WWG = Woman With Genitals based on the P4 Nude Woman. WWG v2 by Arduino I believe. Tiziana by Arduino = Vicky with genitals. Herma by Arduino = a hermaphrodite figure. Eve by Arduino = a different Eve based on the P4 nude woman. Jane & John = original low resolution figures by Geralday. Supermodel Vicky = Vicky variant by Jim Burton. Vina by DSI = A Dina variant that wears Vicky clothing. And who knows how many more variants.

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken

Redfern ( ) posted Thu, 23 January 2003 at 4:38 AM

Argh! How can you forget DAZ's Aiko? She is derived from Stephanie who is, in turn, evolved from Michael. Some people have debated whether her features can be classified as "anime" or "manga." True, she doesn't match the so-called standard design, but with Studio Maya's Yuna Hair and a the proper cybernetic body texture (which I'm researching and planning) she becomes a dead ringer for Kishiro's lead character from "Gun Dream", Gally, better known in America as "Battle Angel Alita." Sincerely, Bill

Tempt the Hand of Fate and it'll give you the "finger"!

compiler ( ) posted Thu, 23 January 2003 at 5:56 AM

You also have Latexa (P4 fem geometry, with possibility for heavy gloves and stockings imbedded in the mesh), Latexa Vic (Vicky geometry), the ever popular Voluptuous Vicky (Vicky geometry with huge boobs), Yuka (anime style based on P4 fem geometry), Yuka Vic (Vicky geometry). I also heard of Chimera (I think she is Posette with the possibility to take on Vicky textures, but I'm not positive on this one). And, probably, many others. All of these can be found at renderosity, wether in Free stuff or in the market place. Compiler

Valandar ( ) posted Thu, 23 January 2003 at 6:04 AM

Then there are all the variant figures, such as DAZ's Nude Young Woman, Daz's Muscleman, etc, etc...

Remember, kids! Napalm is Nature's Toothpaste!

elgyfu ( ) posted Thu, 23 January 2003 at 6:17 AM

And Dacort has a mermaid and an undine - any very good they are too. And Nadine?

pigfish ( ) posted Thu, 23 January 2003 at 6:21 AM

You refer to the male version of Victoria 3 as Michael 3. Isn't DAZ working on an actual Michael 3 figure? I've seen this "character" referred to as Victor and that's how I think of him.

mon1alpha ( ) posted Thu, 23 January 2003 at 6:28 AM

Attached Link: http://www.thirdeyefunction.fr.st

Taake a look at remc's site. Lots of nice figures...strange and wonderful stuff

MaterialForge ( ) posted Thu, 23 January 2003 at 7:33 AM

Don't forget Tracy and Arizona by Dark Whisper...both great figures... :)

_dodger ( ) posted Thu, 23 January 2003 at 7:46 AM

And my Scarecrow. It's humanoid and wears millenium people's clothing. When they arent' looking. It runs off with their flannel shirts and fishnet stockings and goes clubbing. B^) And my Millenium Aardvark.

melanie ( ) posted Thu, 23 January 2003 at 7:53 AM

There was also the DAZ fairie which was a twin to the NYW figure only with wings. Somehow, the fairie and NWY never really caught on. I hardly ever saw any renders done with them and there were almost no clothes for their unique figure. Melanie

Mesh_Magick ( ) posted Thu, 23 January 2003 at 8:15 AM

ok as far as I know it's DAZ 3D CURIOUS LABS AH RENDEROSITY 3D COMMUNE POSERWORLD FAIRYWOODS HAPPYWORLDLAND LANNIES 3D DIGITAL BABES POSER FACTORY PROPSGUILD POSER FORUM ONLINE

Tirjasdyn ( ) posted Thu, 23 January 2003 at 2:08 PM

You forgot Poser Pros :) Millenium Man is Mike 1. Millie is Vicky 1 as is Millienium Woman. The fairy was popular for a little bit...but her wrap was much more popluar...so they made one for vicky. And you forgot the p4 baby and the mil baby!!! and P5 Kids: will and penny Note: daz created the p3 & p4 characters Second note: Serge Marck made some very nice clothes for the Nude Young Woman.

Tirjasdyn

volfin ( ) posted Thu, 23 January 2003 at 4:41 PM

Don't forget Voluptious Vickie (VV) which is a variant of Vicky 2 and Steffy Stax (SS) which is a variant of Stephanie.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Thu, 23 January 2003 at 5:55 PM

Also: Solondra - on sale here in the MP Cindy - 3DMPR I dunno if I'd count VV and SS, nor any of the characters by Dark Whisper, since none of them are original meshes; they all rely on Victoria or Stephanie.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

volfin ( ) posted Thu, 23 January 2003 at 6:01 PM

The purpose as I understood it was to identify the characters that are often talked about in the forums and describe what they actually are and/or how they are related. I think it's a good idea because I imagine many people mistakenly believe at first that real people are being referred to! A Who is who for beginners is just the thing!

melanie ( ) posted Thu, 23 January 2003 at 7:27 PM

And don't forget the Millennium Girl and Boy from DAZ. DAZ (or Zygote, back then) had Tess for Poser 3, too, who came with a hair object. The only trouble with her was that she came with her skirt made right on her body and you couldn't change her clothes. I think I only used her once. She's OK for a filler character in the background, though. Melanie

_dodger ( ) posted Thu, 23 January 2003 at 8:31 PM

I suppose the Millenium boy can be an 'Adult' figure id you morph him to look like Emmanuel Lewis.

melanie ( ) posted Fri, 24 January 2003 at 7:46 AM

LOLOL!

dcort ( ) posted Fri, 24 January 2003 at 11:46 AM

Attached Link: http://www.dacort.com

Lots of info and pics about Dina and Natalia can be found at dacort.com.

lmckenzie ( ) posted Fri, 24 January 2003 at 12:37 PM

Someone should do a family tree, showing all original geometry figures and all their descendants - not that it would ever be complete. There is/was also Mobius Hi-Res woman and a P4 woman with a hi-res chest. Zygote's Oriental woman was popular enough to rate a genital job from Ghastley. Let's not forget Jim Burton's recent Posette 2003 as well. From all the bashing she takes, 'Naked Vicky In A Temple With A Sword' deserves the status of a unique character.

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.