Sat, Sep 21, 9:32 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: What the ** happened?

Spanfarkle ( ) posted Wed, 03 May 2000 at 12:27 PM · edited Tue, 27 August 2024 at 7:17 PM

Anybody out there?

Jedi-Fist ( ) posted Wed, 03 May 2000 at 12:34 PM

No, we're gone... outta here! We're mad as hell and we arn't going to take it anymore! I'm still ripped about what MetaCreations did to RDS! Screw'em... I've gone to LightWave!

BigSerge ( ) posted Wed, 03 May 2000 at 2:39 PM

Someone fill me In, What's going on? what has Metacreations done to RDS? at least give me the URL where I can read up on It.

Spanfarkle ( ) posted Wed, 03 May 2000 at 3:01 PM

As far as I know, Meta sold Carrera to Adobe, Carrera was the upgrade to RayDream, so RayDream is kind of a orphan app now. At least that is all I know myself. But that was a done deal a while ago.

Jedi-Fist ( ) posted Wed, 03 May 2000 at 5:04 PM

I love to rant about how they send this open letter the day after Chistmas about how Meta was selling off the programs I make a living using! Nice way to put my future in limbo before 2000! I put my self out of my mysery by getting into LightWave. Smeg I couldn't be happier! Did you guys know they Beta-tested Carrara only a month before it was released! Go on line and see how many people are reporting countless bugs and "Failed Render" messages. Meta SCR#W#D it's loyal customers! Even worse, Kia Power Tools was sold to Corel, not Adobe... makers of Photoshop the power tools are most stable with! Given the chance, I would whip exces a$$ who did this!

bretford ( ) posted Wed, 03 May 2000 at 5:33 PM

I can agree with your anger, but Carrara was beta tested for well over 3 months. I was a tester :) Brian P. Retford Carrara Extensions www.losthorizonsoftware.com

Jedi-Fist ( ) posted Thu, 04 May 2000 at 6:35 AM

Hmmm, Three months? That's a little better.

milamber42 ( ) posted Fri, 05 May 2000 at 11:01 PM

So, Brian, you must have knowledge of the Carrara SDK? Did you have to sign a Non-Disclosure aggreement, or can you share?

bretford ( ) posted Sat, 06 May 2000 at 6:02 PM

I had to sign an NDA, but I can still share just about anything you wanted to know. Just ask! Brian Retford Carrara Extensions www.losthorizonsoftware.com

milamber42 ( ) posted Sat, 06 May 2000 at 10:20 PM

What did you have to do in order to get the DTK?? It was listed in the product specs like it was going to be public knowledge. What languages are compatable with the DTK?? Just C++ or is it VB enabled? Is the NDA still in effect now that Meatcreations is not the owner of the product??

ClintH ( ) posted Sun, 07 May 2000 at 6:39 AM

I also had to sign a NDA with MC. I'm pretty sure anyone that got the SDK had to. Clint

Clint Hawkins
MarketPlace Manager/Copyright Agent

All my life I've been over the top ... I don't know what I'm doing ... All I know is I don't wana stop!
(Zakk Wylde (2007))

bretford ( ) posted Sun, 07 May 2000 at 9:03 AM

I'm not sure about the NDA still being in effect, but I can tell you some things. First of all, I'm not sure what you mean by dtk, I've never heard that acronym before. I'll assume you mean SDK. You used to have to email MetaC and sign papers to get the SDK, as of right now, you cannot obtain it. Hopefully you will be able to get it from adobe within the next month. The SDK will only work with C++. It does use COM, so the possibility of using other languages exists, but I doubt it will ever happen. Most pro software in existence for Win95/NT (and most other platforms as well) is coded in C/C++. Brian P. Retford Carrara Extensions www.losthorizonsoftware.com

Mike Waters ( ) posted Tue, 09 May 2000 at 2:48 AM

I was a Beta Tester too. I am P****ed that I (and several other beta testers) were promised a copy of the production version for our work and never recieved one! This is the fault of "upper management" at MC, certainly not the people we delt with. BTW the only version that was tested for three months was the PC version, the Mac version appeared about a day before the December announcement which stopped all work! Mike Waters

ClintH ( ) posted Tue, 09 May 2000 at 5:29 AM

Now that really sucks, Mike! Clint

Clint Hawkins
MarketPlace Manager/Copyright Agent

All my life I've been over the top ... I don't know what I'm doing ... All I know is I don't wana stop!
(Zakk Wylde (2007))

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.