Sat, Sep 21, 12:35 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photoshop

Welcome to the Photoshop Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photoshop F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 10:49 pm)

Our mission is to provide an open community and unique environment where anyone interested in learning more about Adobe Photoshop can share their experience and knowledge, post their work for review and critique by their peers, and learn new techniques while developing the skills that allow each individual to realize their own unique artistic vision. We do not limit this forum to any style of work, and we strongly encourage people of all levels and interests to participate.

Are you up to the challenge??
Sharpen your Photoshop skill with this monthly challenge...

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Shortcut for playing and continueing an action

fuli42 ( ) posted Thu, 23 January 2003 at 11:50 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 12:10 PM

Hello! Simple question: what is the keyboard for pressing the play button on the actions palette? I've found how to assign a shortcut for a specific action, but if there are stops in it, (as there are in mines), the shortcut restarts the action rather than continuing it from where it was stopped. Thank you, Fuli42

Slynky ( ) posted Thu, 23 January 2003 at 4:14 PM

I actually asked about this about a year and a half ago, and no one knew.. that was PS6 at the time, maybe something new with v.7?

fuli42 ( ) posted Thu, 23 January 2003 at 4:22 PM

Yeah, I looked in the Photoshop Bible and Photoshop Foundation (both for 6), but nothing. (I upgraded to 7, but...) Anyway, another question: Any shortcut for Canvas Rotate? THanks Fuli42

JayPeG ( ) posted Thu, 23 January 2003 at 5:35 PM

For the actions answer why not just consult the Quick Reference card that came with Photoshop? It has a list of all keyboard shorcuts for all the tools and all the palettes. Concerning a shortcut for rotate canvas. When you pull it down from the menu to choose it, does it list next to it what the key combination is for a shortcut? No? What does that tell you?

Grimtwist ( ) posted Thu, 23 January 2003 at 7:42 PM

I've never taken to shortcuts. Don't know why. I always do things the long way. Except for good old Ctrl S, and trusty old Ctrl Z.

fuli42 ( ) posted Fri, 24 January 2003 at 4:26 AM

Quick reference card: No it does not tell me that there is a keyboard shortcut for playing an action. It does not say that you can assign keyboard shortcut to actions either (which you can). I actually keep the quick reference card next to me when i'm working, and do all that is possible with shortcuts.

retrocity ( ) posted Fri, 24 January 2003 at 7:49 AM

fuli, how's it going?

Not everything's on the cards or in the manual... but you can create an action for rotating the canvas and assign it whatever keystroke combo you want (within reason ;)). I've made some for my self because i find it necessary often in the work i do.

as for restarting an Action, it's best to just use the ICON (the little triangle) when the Action stops. You would have to do some scripting/programing to restart a "specific" action again...

I'm compiling a "ShortCut" list for diff vers of PS to add to the Resource Center.
til then, let me know if you need to find one,
see ya around,
:)
retrocity

fuli42 ( ) posted Fri, 24 January 2003 at 8:23 AM

Retrocity, Thanks, excellent idea doing the rotation. I made an action that does about 30 steps, I need to intervene @ steps 5. 16. and before the last. I am going through about 100 pictures per day with it. I am looking at scripting PS myself, anything that would cut down the processing time THanks for the help Fuli42

JayPeG ( ) posted Fri, 24 January 2003 at 11:45 AM

"Quick reference card: No it does not tell me that there is a keyboard shortcut for playing an action." Duh! That's because there isn't one.

fuli42 ( ) posted Fri, 24 January 2003 at 1:05 PM

JayPeg! You can assign keyboard shortcut for an action. You can even select between several options to START an action. If you don't have anything useful to add, why bother posting?

retrocity ( ) posted Fri, 24 January 2003 at 1:11 PM

too much time available?

Grimtwist ( ) posted Fri, 24 January 2003 at 5:24 PM

Now we wait for the flames to rise....

JayPeG ( ) posted Fri, 24 January 2003 at 6:39 PM

Sure you can assign a keyboard shortcut for an action but that's not what you asked. You asked what the keyboard short cut was for presing the play button on the actions palette and there isn't one. There's a difference between a command having a shorcut pre-assigned to it and being able to assign your own (which could end up be any key you want). Again, duh!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.