Sat, Sep 21, 5:51 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Seige FINAL

Flak ( ) posted Sun, 26 January 2003 at 6:06 AM · edited Tue, 10 September 2024 at 9:40 AM

Attached Link: http://www.homestead.com/syndre80/files/s20_FINAL.jpg

file_43036.jpg

"Zrie's undead army emerged from the forrest as the sun emerged with the dawn. Driven on by the undead lord's will, the army swarmed up the rocky ridge and slammed into their target." Well, its done. Hope you like it. Thanks for hints and tips along the way. Now I can move onto smaller, less ambitious pics with a free conscience :) The link is to a slightly larger version.

Dreams are just nightmares on prozac...
Digital WasteLanD

Fillingim ( ) posted Sun, 26 January 2003 at 6:09 AM

As I mentioned to you in the chatroom....This is a Masterpiece!!!! Superb!!! So how did ya do it?

Darkmagi ( ) posted Sun, 26 January 2003 at 6:22 AM

This is a great picture, the depth and sheer number of figures adds a real touch of realism, you can almost smell and hear the battle. Top notch

FWTempest ( ) posted Sun, 26 January 2003 at 6:27 AM

In-Freaking-Credible!!

miyu ( ) posted Sun, 26 January 2003 at 6:30 AM

Oh wow! VERY nice!! :)

vasquez ( ) posted Sun, 26 January 2003 at 7:10 AM

this is super!!!!!

Sambucus ( ) posted Sun, 26 January 2003 at 7:57 AM

Stunning picture.

Moebius87 ( ) posted Sun, 26 January 2003 at 8:01 AM

It was both a pleasure and a privilege to watch this render evolve. This was a real labour of love... and it shows in your incredible results. BRAVO!!!

Mind Over Matter
"If you don't mind, then it don't matter."

raven ( ) posted Sun, 26 January 2003 at 8:03 AM

That's outstanding! What was the final file size? Must have been huge!

Flak ( ) posted Sun, 26 January 2003 at 8:34 AM

It is done by using layers - about 25 I think. Each layer taken using the same terrain (i.e. castle, smoke, ground), same point of view, but with a different part of the population in each. Total size of all the bryce files used for the layers is about 4.3GB. Approx 2400 attackers, and maybe 200 defenders in scene. Started it in late october, but had a few distractions along the way.

Digital WasteLanD

sabaman ( ) posted Sun, 26 January 2003 at 8:37 AM

flak, amazing piece, really, amazing,...

Andini ( ) posted Sun, 26 January 2003 at 9:31 AM

That' crrrrazy!!! What an excellent piece...you should be proud.

Erlik ( ) posted Sun, 26 January 2003 at 9:35 AM

Well, Helm's Deep it isn't... Just kidding! Just kidding! :-) It actually rivals what they did with much more resources. Awesome. How did you do the forest? A photo?

-- erlik

catlin_mc ( ) posted Sun, 26 January 2003 at 10:14 AM

This is simply stunning Flak. I remember looking at this on your web page last year when all that it contained was the structure, forest and some smoke. I thought then that it was great work, but you have exceeded all the expectations I had and produced a very believable scene. Well done. Catlin

pmoores ( ) posted Sun, 26 January 2003 at 11:15 AM

Excellent pic, massive detail, only thing missing would be to see it at 2x the resolution.

ICMgraphics ( ) posted Sun, 26 January 2003 at 11:47 AM

I'm in AWE! Super piece!!

TheBryster ( ) posted Sun, 26 January 2003 at 12:41 PM
Forum Moderator

I saw LOTR The Two Towers last night...and I was stunned! What's freaky though is that I get to see this fantastic work today and can't help comparing it to Helm's Deep, as Erlik just mentioned. This is a master-piece! Congratulations, Flak. Take a bow and plug your ears against the thunderous applause! The Bryster

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

lsstrout ( ) posted Sun, 26 January 2003 at 12:46 PM

Flak, I am totally in awe of your dedication and talent in creating such a brilliant picture. The only thing I would change would be to have it much larger and hung on my wall. I suppose now all you want to render are a couple of primatives against a plain background. :) Lin

Doublecrash ( ) posted Sun, 26 January 2003 at 1:03 PM

Incredible! I'm impressed way beyond words!

Aldaron ( ) posted Sun, 26 January 2003 at 1:08 PM

Simply amazing! So much going on and excellent attention to detail. The textures are superb and the lighting wonderful. It's almost like it's a shot taken out of a movie. Well done!

Claymor ( ) posted Sun, 26 January 2003 at 1:45 PM

Awed, amazed, stunned into silence...this is what puts the "Master" in masterpiece.

GROINGRINDER ( ) posted Sun, 26 January 2003 at 5:51 PM

Announcer's voice......."and the crowd goes wild!!!!!!!!"

Aldaron ( ) posted Sun, 26 January 2003 at 8:28 PM

Post this image in your gallery here at Rendo' so more people can see this great render.

Roch222 ( ) posted Sun, 26 January 2003 at 8:47 PM

This is better than watching the Super Bowl What Can I Say - You should be patting yourself on the back Superb Detail roch222

bikermouse ( ) posted Sun, 26 January 2003 at 9:51 PM

I see you used the cauldrons - looks realistic. Great pict!

Cheryle ( ) posted Sun, 26 January 2003 at 11:45 PM

Good Lord Flak! that is STUNNING!!!! excellent ! well ok so excellent is a tad understated but i don't have any words strong enough to desribe this!! ok epic comes to mind...

Gazghull ( ) posted Sun, 26 January 2003 at 11:49 PM

Wow! thats alot of undead

Flak ( ) posted Mon, 27 January 2003 at 12:15 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=322332

Done, aldaron - its now in the gallery for the rest of Rosity. First gellery post yay ;) Vote or whatever it if you want. Erlik -> The forest - is actually about 120 2d picture objects that are placed continuously back into the distance in the 3d scene to get the right haze effect with increasing distance that I was after. I originally tried a single 2d picture object, but it didn't work. Bikermouse -> cauldrons - yeah, the boiling liquid won me over in about 10 secs after reading your post way back when.

Digital WasteLanD

Cheryle ( ) posted Mon, 27 January 2003 at 12:42 AM

HA! i found the defender punching out the skellie in the picture! ;)

Zhann ( ) posted Mon, 27 January 2003 at 12:59 AM

Absolutely monumental! Did you pose each an every one of the figures?, what a feat, very realistic....love the caldrons, they do so much damage....

Bryce Forum Coordinator....

Vision is the Art of seeing things invisible...

pauljs75 ( ) posted Mon, 27 January 2003 at 3:36 AM

Reminds me more of "Evil Dead - Army of Darkness" rather than LOTR. Probably because it's skeletons rather than orcs. Now all you need is that crazy guy from our dimension with the beat up car, shotguns, and a chainsaw. Man that movie was funny. By the way, are there any up close and personal detail shots? L8R!

Barbequed Pixels?

Your friendly neighborhood Wings3D nut.
Also feel free to browse my freebies at ShareCG.
There might be something worth downloading.

Rayraz ( ) posted Mon, 27 January 2003 at 5:51 AM

Is there a version at a res of 4K?

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Flak ( ) posted Mon, 27 January 2003 at 9:06 AM

Cheryle -> well done, that takes some eyes to find him :) Rayraz -> no, sorry, there's not a 4000x4000 (whole PC was struggling as it was, not just cpu wise, but HDD as well). OK, a few people have asked the how's and whats of it all, both here and in chat, so I'll try and make a tut or something. Give me a few days on that and we'll see what comes of it. In general - thanks for all the positive comments - glad you liked it :) And as I said before - thanks for the ideas and suggestions I got earlier - they got used and incorporated and improved the project.

Digital WasteLanD

SevenOfEleven ( ) posted Tue, 28 January 2003 at 4:43 PM

Looks wonderful, so many characters. Guess thats what happens when you sell those undead axes at half price.

Bladesmith ( ) posted Thu, 24 April 2003 at 2:17 AM

heh, just checkin on that tut....8^)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.