Wed, Oct 2, 3:22 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: WIP...Need some help

brycefreak ( ) posted Sun, 26 January 2003 at 5:55 AM ยท edited Wed, 02 October 2024 at 1:29 AM

file_43034.jpg

Need some help on this WIP, I would like to enhance the effect of the smoke coming out of the volcano with some debris or something along those lines. I have tried a couple of different things but nothing I was satisfied with. Any suggestions on this, or anything else for the image. Comments or suggestions much appreciated.

The Freak

Flak ( ) posted Sun, 26 January 2003 at 6:59 AM

You could make a small cube (we're talking pretty small here), then massively multi-replicate it, then use the 3d resize, rotate, disperse thing to make a cloud of debris/stuff, then just remove what you don't want, and put that into your plume. Not sure what that would look like though.

Dreams are just nightmares on prozac...
Digital WasteLanD

Flak ( ) posted Sun, 26 January 2003 at 7:03 AM

Also, try seeing what making the rim of the volcano a bit steeper and a bit more jagged looking looks like. I like the critters and sky you've got with it:)

Dreams are just nightmares on prozac...
Digital WasteLanD

catlin_mc ( ) posted Sun, 26 January 2003 at 10:20 AM

I think you could also put a reddish glow around the top edge of the volcano because if it is in the process of erupting there would be hot lava inside the crater. The smoke would also glow close to where it exits the crater. This would also give more definition to the volcano. Catlin

Aldaron ( ) posted Sun, 26 January 2003 at 1:11 PM

On my comp it's a bit hard to see because it's fairly dark. For debris you could use rocks and multi-replicate and do a resize, rotate, disperse.

Zhann ( ) posted Mon, 27 January 2003 at 1:13 AM

I agree with Catlin more of an orange gloww in the volcano's throat, try expanding the upward gas outward spme or mushroom cloud it, with debris that would look realistic....

Bryce Forum Coordinator....

Vision is the Art of seeing things invisible...

Zhann ( ) posted Mon, 27 January 2003 at 1:29 AM

file_43035.jpg

I was looking thru my archives and found these reference photos...

Bryce Forum Coordinator....

Vision is the Art of seeing things invisible...

brycefreak ( ) posted Mon, 27 January 2003 at 4:39 AM

The middle pic, that is the look I think I should go for. Will get rid of heavy plumes of smoke ( maybe leave a little) and try for the lava approach. Thanks for the help all.

catlin_mc ( ) posted Mon, 27 January 2003 at 8:10 AM

Pidjy once did a little tutorial for me on making the lava shooting out of a volcano here's the link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=943423 Hope this helps Catlin

SevenOfEleven ( ) posted Tue, 28 January 2003 at 4:46 PM

If you add the reddish glow for the items in the background it would add a lot. The building in the background could use a little lighting on it.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.