Wed, Oct 2, 1:26 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 3:49 pm)

Subject: Help me, im new

ToolAEnima2 ( ) posted Sun, 26 January 2003 at 9:03 PM ยท edited Wed, 02 October 2024 at 1:24 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity, violence

i just got poser and i want to use it to make people and put them into bryce. what software/models/stuff do u recommend i shud get? wher can i get it? thanx for any help.

tasquah ( ) posted Sun, 26 January 2003 at 9:08 PM

What kind of scenes were you thinking of doing in poser ?? And what poser do you have ? p4 , p4 pro pac or P5 ?

ToolAEnima2 ( ) posted Sun, 26 January 2003 at 9:41 PM

p4. easy scenes for now.. like just one person standing around i guess.

tasquah ( ) posted Sun, 26 January 2003 at 10:03 PM

Attached Link: http://host1.bondware.com/~syydr

ToolAEnima2 Theres 1000's of models of all kinds of stuff so the better you know what you want the easyer it is to tell you were to get it at. P4 comes with models called dork and possette and you can find all kinds of morphs and textures for them. But agin it depends upon what look you are going for. Did you want mermaid or sci fi or cartoon stuff like batman or spiderman or .... ? Then there are poses to make your model stand like you want them to. Poser 4 comes with a bunch but there tons out there . Some are sitting , some standing.... You can try here in free stuff ( Start at the end and work your way twords the new ) or over at Runtine DNA in there freebie area. Then your going to need a tool called " Grouper " to import stuff into bryce.

hauksdottir ( ) posted Sun, 26 January 2003 at 11:52 PM

Start with the first tutorial in Poser 4 manual. Take a guy, dress him, pose him, animate him on a walk path, lights and cameras and rendering... oh my! It is simple to follow and by the time you get your clown walking around (without leaving hat and/or hair behind), you'll have brushed against most of the basics of working with Poser. You'll also know what gives you troubles, and can ask more detailed questions... such as "where do I get high-heeled clown shoes?" or "how do I use this 'point at' command and still keep his eyes crossed?" If you discover that posing is easy but that applying the right light colors is hard... you know to spend your money on lighting presets. If you can't even get one person to stand hand-on-hip without his hand sticking out of his chest and thumbing his nose at you... the thought of 2-3 people together in a scene should make you search for master pose makers. As a Bryce user, you may be a master of atmosphere, but getting a skin texture to stay attached may prove harder than nailing Peter Pan's shadow to his feet. I will suggest that you first look at art outside of the Galleries here. Whether you admire Rembrandt or Frazetta you may wish to use similar lighting to add drama to your images. If playfulness or mechanical accuracy appeals to you, you have a beginning point in creating your own imagery. Identify what it is that strikes a responsive chord inside you. THEN go through the galleries, checking the work of people who come close to getting "the look" or "the subject". Most of them list the programs and models they used and whether they purchased something or created their own. If you see a prop or something and there is no source mentioned, IM the artist: example, "Dancing with Droids is wonderful, but where did you get that reflection map?" Few artists turn down a compliment or an opportunity to help. Whether or not you have a message of your own yet at this point, you'll know what sort of images you want to make and we can help you find the pieces you'll need. BTW, don't use the nudity and violence flags just to draw attention to your message; those filters limit who can see your threads, which is counter-productive to what you want. Carolly

ToolAEnima2 ( ) posted Mon, 27 January 2003 at 8:00 AM

thanx for the info everyone. ill try the tutorial and think of some more specific questions. btw, i didnt know what the nudity/violence flags did. i wont use em next time.

hauksdottir ( ) posted Tue, 28 January 2003 at 1:26 AM

Those flags are to help people who browse at work, or when their families/small children are present, or who simply don't want to see or read about matters which they consider offensive. The person who uploads an image of a nude to the gallery should check that flag (and not show nudity in the thumbnail). He'll still be able to see the image, but anybody with the nudity filter checked on THEIR viewing options won't. If you are modeling that stuffed teddybear which pulls apart and you ask in the Forum where to get the right sound effects to go with the animation, you should check "violence" so that those people who don't want to think about how horrible it is won't be disturbed... they simply won't click on the link. If you have rendered "Ares Astride Thermopylae" where he is wearing only a cuirass and helmet, you need to check both buttons. Some folks have agitated for a "cute" warning button, too, especially when we are drowning in syrup. ;^) If everybody used the flags just to get attention, they'd be meaningless... like the car alarms that everyone ignores. There is some lack of consistency which is understandable. Is showing the House Mouse's tail hanging from the Toonimal Cat's mouth "violent"? Is a Harpy or Sphinx considered "nude" just because they have breasts sticking out? In borderline cases just use common sense and courtesy, but be aware that somebody will probably complain no matter where you draw the line. ... and speaking of drawing the line... while playing with Poser check out the "sketch presets". There are packets of really good ones in the Market and at various sites if you want to explore that avenue. Maybe you want the full rendered look of droids in glass houses or maybe you want the droids but rendered in the flat colors of anime, knowing that you have options can help you search the right paths. Carolly

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.