Sun, Sep 22, 1:21 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 10:34 pm)

Subject: Planets line up. World ends tomorrow ;-)

ScottA ( ) posted Thu, 04 May 2000 at 1:39 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 11:47 PM

I just wanted to remind all of you that the planets will all line up for the first time in over 6000 years tomorrow. The world will come to a brutal end. And all life as we know it will cease to exist. So be sure to back up your hard drives tonight ;-). ScottA

Scarab ( ) posted Thu, 04 May 2000 at 1:46 PM

Tomorrow's my birthday....whaddya expect? Scarab

CharlieBrown ( ) posted Thu, 04 May 2000 at 1:49 PM

Uh, didn't the Grand Conjunction - or whatever they call it - happen back in the seventies too? And there've been a few lesser conjunctions (four or five planets aligned) since. Of course, that's not saying the world DIDN'T end then...

hoborg ( ) posted Thu, 04 May 2000 at 1:58 PM

whoa. deep. Happy Birthday Scarab! hope the doom/brimstone don't make for a bad b-day present.

Freakachu ( ) posted Thu, 04 May 2000 at 2:25 PM

I've celebrated the Jupiter effect for the past 18 years; the last major alignment of the planets. I suspect that many of you are too young to remember the Dick Clark "Rockin' End of the World Party" where the earth was ripped apart by the gravitational forces of its neighboring planets before the end of the countdown (a slight miscalculation). I remember getting really trashed before I was catapulted into orbit.

CharlieBrown ( ) posted Thu, 04 May 2000 at 2:34 PM

You must have had your towel with you, then, Freakachu? That's what kept me alive! :-)

Merlin ( ) posted Thu, 04 May 2000 at 3:51 PM

You're a bit late. They already lined up, between may 3rd at about 4:55 AM GMT (moon entering Taurus) and may 3rd around 7PM GMT (Mars leaving Taurus). Seems that the world is still here. At least in Europe. What about US ??? ;)

melanie ( ) posted Thu, 04 May 2000 at 8:30 PM

CharlieBrown, you're right, but I think it was in the early 80's. It caused quite a stir at the time. Melanie

Darth_Logice ( ) posted Thu, 04 May 2000 at 8:37 PM

If the polar ice caps are warming (they are) it is possible that there is a layer of very slippery water between the earth and the ice at the poles. If a small gravitational shift occured, it is possible that the entire sheet of ice could slip right off the land mass and into the sea. If that happened, the world would experience Deluge II, and society, if not humanity would be lost. According to Sumerian Lore, this is precisely what happened to Ziastruda (Read: Noah) when a God warned him of an impending flood. They did not cause the flood, they simply wanted man to be ignorant of it so they would be wiped clean from the earth. So, maybe not this time... -Darth_Logice

DEL ( ) posted Thu, 04 May 2000 at 9:08 PM

Don't Panic

wrecker25 ( ) posted Thu, 04 May 2000 at 10:47 PM

Am I to understand that sometime tomorrow construction on an interstellar freeway is to begin, and our big blue marble here is right in the way????? GGGGGRRRRREEEEEAAATTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!! Time to dig my trusty towel out. Later all And to think, the only 3-d object I ever actually created was the Gravitic Mine from a tutorial.

Roshigoth ( ) posted Fri, 05 May 2000 at 1:33 AM

Umm... it's a day behind.. weren't they due to demolish the earth on a thursday? =) Besides, the dolphins are still here... Rosh

stonecold ( ) posted Fri, 05 May 2000 at 1:55 AM

So the world did end (mostly in Europe and also in the States). It was an email-virus called "i love you" who "killed" about 50000 computers here in Europe. Fortunatly I use a Mac and the virus infected only Wintels ;-)

Vraylle ( ) posted Fri, 05 May 2000 at 8:18 AM

Thursdays. I could never get the hang of Thursdays. :)

Albertosaurus ( ) posted Fri, 05 May 2000 at 5:17 PM

They can't line up. The planets of our solar system are not quite in the same plane.

JAFO ( ) posted Fri, 05 May 2000 at 8:37 PM

uh... i wasnt paying attention.... did it end ?

Y'all have a great day.

Scarab ( ) posted Fri, 05 May 2000 at 10:40 PM

It ended...trust me...walk into the light.... Scarab...<-....already there...already lost.....

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.