Fri, Sep 20, 3:29 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 3:20 pm)

Subject: Question regarding texturing V3 - an opionion needed

SAMS3D ( ) posted Tue, 28 January 2003 at 11:52 AM ยท edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 3:24 PM

Okay, I got V3, and I know that V3-V2 is available to use, now why go to the extent of remapping V3 to take V2 textures when we have the model V3-V2.....does the model V3-V2 not take injected morphs? Sharen

thgeisel ( ) posted Tue, 28 January 2003 at 1:42 PM

V3-V2 can only take the headmorphs, not the bodymorphs. and posing her is like posing v2, not so smooth as v3.

ladydawg ( ) posted Tue, 28 January 2003 at 2:10 PM

Believe me when I say this Sharen.. You want V3's body morphs...You cannot believe what you can do with them.... I have tons of V2 textures...But I can't help myself but I really love V3 ten times more...I don't think I could ever go back to V2...

SAMS3D ( ) posted Tue, 28 January 2003 at 3:01 PM

You know I bought V3 and I think she is great, I won't transfer her UV's because I bought the high res texture maps for her and want to continue to use them, and I have read that you can't after you convert the UV's, so my old textures just sit. Which is alright cause I can use them on the kids and I have Roxanne and they are good for her character. But I wish I had more maps for Vic 3, cause you are right, she is the best. Sharen

Poppi ( ) posted Tue, 28 January 2003 at 4:58 PM

and I have read that you can't after you convert the UV's, so my old textures just sit. NO...NO....NO....you save the new v3, uvved as a SEPARATE character...like v3uv, or something. then, when you want to use v3 textures, you can, and you use the new one (v3uv) with your old v2 textures. Simderella has a thread with lots of pictures, that explains how to do this. you also can get simd's tute in pdf format as well. it demystifies all of it.

SAMS3D ( ) posted Tue, 28 January 2003 at 6:02 PM

wow, where do I find simerella's tut on this? Sharen I will do a search or IM him...thanks Poppi...Sharen

PabloS ( ) posted Tue, 28 January 2003 at 6:16 PM

one more thing. Dark Whisper will have an app out this Friday that will convert V2 textures to V3 which will be later expanded to convert other body styles. I'm not sure if it will be here or poserpros or both.

PabloS ( ) posted Tue, 28 January 2003 at 6:18 PM

oh. I forgot to mention it will also convert v3 to v2 also.

Poppi ( ) posted Tue, 28 January 2003 at 6:28 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=1058045

here's the link. sorry i didn't post it earlier. have fun. i have all my little cutie textures working on v3, now. ;*)

SAMS3D ( ) posted Wed, 29 January 2003 at 8:15 AM

PabloS, I saw that, I will definately purchase that...but I did get the pdf sent to me and am grateful..thank you all..Sharen

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.