Sat, Sep 21, 10:33 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 10:29 pm)

Subject: It's not a virus....

bast ( ) posted Thu, 04 May 2000 at 4:57 PM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 10:26 PM

It's not really a virus: it's a Trojan Horse that proclaims its love for the recipient and requests that you open its attachment. On a first date even! It then loves you so much that it sends copies of itself to everyone in your addressbook (slut!) and starts destroying files on your drive. Course they estimate that it's infected 10% of the UK. Pine/Elm/Mutt users as always laugh maniacally as the Trojan shuffles countless wasted packets over saturated backbones filling overworked SMTP servers everywhere. Sysadmins are seen weeping in the alleys. The first two lines of the script are quite amusing. rem barok -loveletter(vbe) rem by: spyder / ispyder@mail.com / @GRAMMERSoft Group /Manila,Philippines I do hope that's not his real address.... Found this link to the script, which seems to be in an odd place... http://www.olen.net/LOVE-LETTER-FOR-YOU.TXT It is not the VB script that would run in IE. Strange place for it to be though I thought... One of my coworkers just walked in my office, saying 'what are .vbs documents' ? Microsoft has announced that they are changing the name of their popular e-mail program to "Microsoft Lookout!" Laughing maniacally as she heads out home for the day. Cheers, Basty "We've got to come up with another venue for the kiddies to get their fame. Maybe we can bring back graffiti." --- Submission is feudal.

PJF ( ) posted Thu, 04 May 2000 at 7:48 PM

I stopped using the internet completely about six months ago, and very rarely switch on my PC. It's the only way to be really safe.

Roshigoth ( ) posted Thu, 04 May 2000 at 8:48 PM

I use eudora, which often drives me crazy, but it's the only program aside from outlook (which I hate with a passion for other reasons.. just add another one to it..) that I've found that has multiple mailbox capabilities.. As for email, well, I've yet to receive a virus via email, but I'm not dumb enough to open an attachment unless I was expecting it... Rosh

victimorcrime ( ) posted Fri, 05 May 2000 at 12:34 AM

I hate outlook and not too fond of wudora either but like the multiple mailbox also so I use Pegasus mail. Works great and has lots of options for mailing.

LoboUK ( ) posted Fri, 05 May 2000 at 5:53 AM

I never e......ver open an attachment on an e-mail unless it's from somebody I (a) know, and (b) trust. And I never, ever, ever open e-mails that say things like "I love you", or "You've just won...." or stuff like that. Paul

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.