Sat, Oct 5, 9:32 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:08 am)

Subject: Two Threads in One: V3Buffy and How I hate V3 Eyebrows!

Photopium ( ) posted Tue, 21 January 2003 at 8:02 PM · edited Sat, 05 October 2024 at 9:31 AM

file_42404.jpg

Here's latest progress on V3 Buffy. This is very little postwork, notably liquify to get the eyebrows to go down without effing up the forehead. You know what I'm talking about. The space between the eyebrows develops a crevice that is IMO unfixable when you try to move the eyebrows down. I hope there are morph experts out there making facial construction morphs for V3. We used to have Traveller to do this sort of thing, but I seem to remember he retired from Morphing things. Sigh. Can anyone give us some good eyebrow morphs? -WTB

Photopium ( ) posted Tue, 21 January 2003 at 8:06 PM

file_42405.jpg

Real Buffy for Comparison:

Patricia ( ) posted Tue, 21 January 2003 at 8:10 PM

OMG It's the Buffinator! Beautiful job, WTB.

BeatYourSoul ( ) posted Tue, 21 January 2003 at 8:12 PM

Nice job!! Knew who it was even without the photo!

ming ( ) posted Tue, 21 January 2003 at 8:14 PM

Great job. Her nose is a tough one to do.

Photopium ( ) posted Tue, 21 January 2003 at 9:25 PM

Thanks. Looking again I see: Unheart the face a touch Less crazy on the eyes wide negative value

Photopium ( ) posted Tue, 21 January 2003 at 9:27 PM

Funny thing: Her nose is actually the easiest part. Having done her about 50 times now, the nose is always the starting point, and I know right where to put the magnets lol. V3 morphs make it fairly easy to finally get the nose bridge correct. It's just a matter of those G*****ed eyebrows now. -WTB

Dizzie ( ) posted Tue, 21 January 2003 at 9:28 PM

your lips are too full and the top lip needs more roundness...

Patricia ( ) posted Tue, 21 January 2003 at 9:53 PM

It may just be the photo, but the tops of her eyes are just slightly more rounded, I think....they open up enough that they hide most of her eyelids, excepting the inner corners. I think :)

Lyrra ( ) posted Tue, 21 January 2003 at 11:46 PM

I think the face needs to be maybe a little longer, and the chin less pointy. The nose looks great .. but I think she got crosseyed from checking it :) hmmm..... I've got a good v3 Spike coming along .... (creepy I know, but it works)

Photopium ( ) posted Wed, 22 January 2003 at 12:00 AM

Hah! I am also working on a V3 Spike! I hope yours is better than mine lol -WTB

Patricia ( ) posted Wed, 22 January 2003 at 12:12 AM

And here I was feeling all depressed because I heard today that SMG's contract is up this year.... :( And then there's a new episode on TV and I hear you two are working on V3 versions of my two favorite cast members.....cool :))) BTW, WTB (?!) your previous Spike morph perished in my Great Mailbox Disaster, so I'm really wishing you guys great modeling luck this time around ;)

Photopium ( ) posted Wed, 22 January 2003 at 12:37 AM

He's really difficult to morph. I mean really. Every time you think you've captured a certain feature, you realize that feature is dependant on another, then you fix that and everything else is ruined in the process. Then you finally have it, right? But it just doesn't look like him. I hope Lyrra's version is good, because I'm almost done trying. Plus, there are so few source photos for JM that are useful for morph making purposes. -WTB

praxis22 ( ) posted Wed, 22 January 2003 at 1:55 AM

I think the face is too broad it needs to be thinner and longer

Photopium ( ) posted Wed, 22 January 2003 at 2:47 AM

file_42406.jpg

Totally untouched this time except for overall blur, filmgrain, brightness/contrast and hue/saturation.

Photopium ( ) posted Wed, 22 January 2003 at 2:48 AM

Aw crap, closer look says gained in some areas, lost in others.

Silverleif-Studios ( ) posted Wed, 22 January 2003 at 2:58 AM

second one kinda looks like daryll hanna (sp?) now...

Lyrra ( ) posted Wed, 22 January 2003 at 3:59 AM

Well I actually was goofing around with the V3 male morphs and got something very close to Spike ... wasn't trying. I'll have to go and give it a proper job if you're giving up :) BTW if you have lost your old m2 Spike morph, and say its ok I can send a copy to Patricia ...

Photopium ( ) posted Wed, 22 January 2003 at 10:05 AM

It's okay if she wants it. Personally, I think it's horrible lol. -WTB

Patricia ( ) posted Wed, 22 January 2003 at 10:58 AM

I'd love to have it to play with while you work on the new ones. Thank you both :) I'm not much of a morpher yet, but I did a lot of photo-realistic portraits back in my painting days and I know exactly what you're talking about, WTB. Even when I would give up and varnish the painting, and folks would tell me how it looked 'exactly' like the model, I could still see new flaws everytime I had to look at the piece...! Couldn't wait to sell each one, for that and other rea$on$ ;) On Buffy, next I'd try to get back that more delicate, pointier chin you had on the first one posted above. The face length was definitely closer in that one.

gryffnn ( ) posted Wed, 22 January 2003 at 1:30 PM

Ah-ha, SMG's contract is up - no wonder all the Slayers-In-Training, hints about Dawn and even a mention of Faith! I'm still trying to figure out what happened to Joss's "Firefly" - maybe I was the only one who liked all those strange characers and typical Joss humor? As to Spike, lots of us saw that first pic of Don and saw a strong resemblance.

Photopium ( ) posted Wed, 22 January 2003 at 7:23 PM

file_42407.jpg

I believe this will settle it

Patricia ( ) posted Wed, 22 January 2003 at 7:54 PM

Two words: "WOW and When? :)

Photopium ( ) posted Wed, 22 January 2003 at 8:48 PM

Well...that's a good question. I'd like to get a few more characters in the can... Then, I'm looking at a character megapack for sale in the marketplace. The only reason I would be selling it is because I don't want to deal with the issue of it being hosted properly and continuously, with stability. I don't want 1000 IM's saying "I can't get it". So, cost will be cheap and quality high. All characters will not be Buffy related, and the whole package will be called something innocuous for the sake of copyright. All morphs will be called ambiguous names, and all likenesses will be "coincidental" if that satisfies all the haters out there. As for when, well, probably within the next month or two. Sound reasonable? -WTB

RogueElement ( ) posted Sun, 26 January 2003 at 3:00 PM

file_42408.jpg

I've been working on a Buffy morph this week, I should of waited!, I've attached a test render that I've been using to practice painting the hair.

I ran into the same eyebrow problem. Your eyes are bang on, I just couldn't get them right and you got the nose perfect, I have to use a bit of postwork to help there.

Look forward to when it's available.

gryffnn ( ) posted Sun, 26 January 2003 at 4:42 PM

Lovely job on the painted hair! And her skin is luminous.

Photopium ( ) posted Sun, 26 January 2003 at 11:40 PM

I would be curious what would happen if we 50/50'd our two morphs? There are elements in yours that are better than mine, and vice versa. Both are, IMHO, excellent and valid renditions filtered through the eyes of two individuals. When all is said and done, this is no easy task, trying to get an exact likeness (without the aid of laser-scanning and the actual person!) -WTB

RogueElement ( ) posted Mon, 27 January 2003 at 2:22 PM

A hybrid would be interesting. There is probably a huge benefit of having two peoples interpretaion. Yours is certainly the more accurate morph (I seem to have a stylised approach to characters). I would also be interested in if you had any sucess with her ears, SMG's are very distinctive and I had no luck with V3's morphs. This the first attempt at a physical likeness and I'm pretty impressed by the morphing capabilities of V3 (eyebrows aside). Buffy is a subject that I've wanted to try for some time being a huge fan of the show.

Penguinisto ( ) posted Mon, 27 January 2003 at 7:15 PM

Err, no offense WTB, but even though your morph is more accurate, Rogue's version looks much much cuter as it is right now. Just do me a favor RogueElement: 1) if you're selling it, please don't make it exclusive to R'osity 2) if you're giving it away in Free Stuff, I would be quite in your debt. /P

ivyroses ( ) posted Mon, 27 January 2003 at 7:21 PM

It you want to do it as a free item I would be more than happy to host it. My server can handle the massive downloading that a file of this nature would recieve. IM me if this would be something you would be interested in so I can send you the ftp information.

RogueElement ( ) posted Wed, 29 January 2003 at 3:04 PM

Thanks for the offer ivyroses, WTB has already said he plans to make his commercialy available, I can't help feeling I would be being a bit rude if I distribute a simular morph it as he started the thread. And WTB's morph is the better one.

Photopium ( ) posted Wed, 29 January 2003 at 3:09 PM

Rogue, let's combine our morphs and see what comes out? If a hybrid builds a better buffy, then we can release the final outcome as a joint project for free. I'm really not interested in the money, only in having a trouble-free host. -WTB

RogueElement ( ) posted Wed, 29 January 2003 at 3:28 PM

Sure! sounds the way to go to me.

Photopium ( ) posted Wed, 29 January 2003 at 8:19 PM

Did you get my email, Rogue?

RogueElement ( ) posted Thu, 30 January 2003 at 1:17 PM

Yep! Please bear in mind that I'm a Brit, so in a different timeframe. Please also refrain from mentioning anything regarding season 7, we haven't got that far yet!

Valandar ( ) posted Fri, 04 April 2003 at 7:03 PM

Rogue... any chance of sending the Buffystuffy my way? ^_^

Remember, kids! Napalm is Nature's Toothpaste!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.