Sun, Sep 22, 10:25 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser Technical

Welcome to the Poser Technical Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

Poser Technical F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 7:30 pm)

Welcome to the Poser Technical Forum.

Where computer nerds can Pull out their slide rules and not get laughed at. Pocket protectors are not required. ;-)

This is the place you come to ask questions and share new ideas about using the internal file structure of Poser to push the program past it's normal limits.

New users are encouraged to read the FAQ sections here and on the Poser forum before asking questions.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: file saving problem...

alphauser51 ( ) posted Tue, 28 January 2003 at 4:31 AM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 8:31 PM

Strange problem I havent seen before. I use P4. I downloaded the corearts Panzergen german uniform and it installs and works fine. Problem is that when I save the file, the uniform doesnt save and load back. The figure im using is there, and the corearts helmet prop is there, but the unifrom and pants arent. Any ideas????????

SAMS3D ( ) posted Tue, 28 January 2003 at 7:05 AM

Do you have then selected to save when you save it? You know that little box that comes up when you hit save, are all items checked? Sharen

maclean ( ) posted Tue, 28 January 2003 at 3:00 PM
  1. Make sure the Figure Body is selected. 2. Make sure you're saving it to a Characters library. 3. Panic! mac

alphauser51 ( ) posted Tue, 28 January 2003 at 4:30 PM

Thanks guys for the input, but Im not saving it to a library, Im saving it out as a pz3 file to use in Poser Pro Pack. At this point the Pro Pack isirrelevant becuse when I go to load the file back into poser, the stuff is gone. I checked the cr2 file as best as I could and played with loading the obj into UV mapper and resaving it to no avail. I dont get it. The bizarre thing is that if I load the pz3 file into poser5, it loads fine.

bloodsong ( ) posted Tue, 28 January 2003 at 5:20 PM

heyas; i think that is a symptom of... a memory problem? if you have 2 gigs of memory, make sure you have the 2gig memory patch thing. you might also, after you load the stuff the first time (when it works), write-protect the geometry rsrs. poser might be trashing them for some bizarre reason, and that's why they won't read in the next time.

alphauser51 ( ) posted Tue, 28 January 2003 at 6:32 PM

Nope. plenty of memory. I checked nd there are no rsr files for this figure... This is really pissing me off

bloodsong ( ) posted Wed, 29 January 2003 at 3:39 PM

heyas; right, but if you have TOO MUCH memory, you get a bug. although that particular bug should make all the figures not appear. so, i dunno. :/

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.