Fri, Oct 4, 6:25 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Challenge Arena

Welcome to the Challenge Arena Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Challenge Arena F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 4:35 am)

Welcome to the

Challenge Arena

This forum is dedicated to learning, creating and pushing yourself to meet the
challenges that have been posted by other members of Renderosity.

Hope to see you here!

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: The Results of Travler

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Fri, 05 May 2000 at 4:21 PM · edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 6:20 PM

file_126473.jpg

Theme: Abstraction of an emotion Programs useable: Only 2d apps, no 3D. -Pict an emotion or a feeling and make an abstract work that convays that emotion. Post the pict here and don't mention what you were going for, see if we can figure it out. Here are the results. Let the guessing begin ...

mav ( ) posted Fri, 05 May 2000 at 5:03 PM

peace/tranquility/safeness? so what was it like to do a deviation like this from the other stuff you were used to doing?

Traveler ( ) posted Fri, 05 May 2000 at 5:08 PM

WOW!!! This is a stunning work. I have always been a fan of abstract work, and this is excellent Ghost! Ok here is my analysis :) You could really take this two ways, "Accent" or "Decent" aka Hope or Dispair. To me the light is a stronger element, and it seems to be rocketing from the darkness, so my guess is hope.

Hawkfyr ( ) posted Fri, 05 May 2000 at 5:40 PM

Serene Very well done Ghost. Hawkfyr

“The fact that no one understands you…Doesn’t make you an artist.”

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Fri, 05 May 2000 at 7:20 PM

Well the second guess is better Traveller. Despair was it ... I think it might work better small so you don't have to scroll ... Thanks .. first real abstract I have done Actually I was trying to have the light falling into the darkness and being consumed ... At least it was a possibility Thanks everyone

Traveler ( ) posted Fri, 05 May 2000 at 7:28 PM

:) I tend to be an optimist :) The coolest thing about abstractions is that they show as much of the viewer's psyche as the artists.

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Fri, 05 May 2000 at 8:06 PM

Lately I can't really be one ... And that is true .. It is very open to interpretation ...

Dreamspinner ( ) posted Fri, 05 May 2000 at 10:54 PM

I would like to enter this challenge, if I may because I've never done a 2D abstract in my life!! LOL Verdie : )

Traveler ( ) posted Sat, 06 May 2000 at 6:32 AM

Ok, I challenge you to the same challenge :) 2D Emotion Abstract, we get to guess at the end :)

CEBrown ( ) posted Sun, 07 May 2000 at 9:57 AM

I was thinking this was "Anticipation" but I can see where it does show despair too.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.