Fri, Oct 4, 2:31 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 8:39 am)

Subject: Galaxy Quest characters?

Dave ( ) posted Thu, 04 May 2000 at 11:30 PM ยท edited Thu, 25 July 2024 at 3:23 PM

Anyone ever thought of making Poser characters of the cast from Galaxy Quest? Have thought about it but I'm kind of deep in another project right now. Dave

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Thu, 04 May 2000 at 11:58 PM

There is a version of the rock thing in freestuff

servo ( ) posted Fri, 05 May 2000 at 12:18 AM

I'm glad to see there are other people who really liked Galaxy Quest. I'd love to see some GQ characters, too. Incidentally, the Rock Monster posted earlier, while a good effort, has "feet" rocks -- the original monster's legs simply ended at the shins, going right into the ground. The other rock sizes and proportions were a little off, too, but those could be indiviually resized. Again, it was a good effort and I'm not trying to be overly critical, just accurate. - -

Dave ( ) posted Fri, 05 May 2000 at 12:27 AM

I liked the movie too. Even rented it when it came out. Hoping to eventually getting around to creating the characters. Dave

arabinowitz ( ) posted Fri, 05 May 2000 at 9:19 AM

To infinity and beyond... er... I mean - Never give up! Never Surrender! I loved that movie. It did such a good job of spoofing the whole Star Trek phenomenon - from the fans to the show itself. Lots of fun. I think there is a Lt. Ripley (Sagourney Weaver from aliens)at the props guild, but I dodn't know if it really looks like her.

Dave ( ) posted Fri, 05 May 2000 at 1:20 PM

Need a good texture map of the whole crew anyway. Just a future project on hold for the present. Dave

servo ( ) posted Fri, 05 May 2000 at 9:31 PM

There are a number of photos of the crew available for download from the Galaxy Quest page on the Internet Movie Database site (www.imdb.com and search for Galaxy Quest) The Protector, the Thermians, Sarris, the Demonchildren, and of course the cast are pictured there. By Grabthar's Hammer, what a project! - - -

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.