Tue, Oct 22, 6:34 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 3:39 am)

Subject: Sh*t happens.....

maclean ( ) posted Sun, 02 February 2003 at 6:56 PM

Bad taste? Poetic justice is more like it. LOL. markdc & any
others who are offended by this, You may or may not believe in
karma, but all this image does is portray what might happen if your
karma catches up with you. Rock on! mac >pinkish (not that it
should matter)

designodyssey ( ) posted Sun, 02 February 2003 at 6:58 PM

But, Mark .. it is not St. Peter that is getting the comeuppence in this image .. it is the Klan's man .. so seeing the tables turned on this guy for what he has down while down here on earth .. how is that racist?

Caly ( ) posted Sun, 02 February 2003 at 7:04 PM

hmm. Markdc, I think you're missing the point? This image is AGAINST racism- the butt of the joke is the KKK member. I get the feeling that one is supposed to question one's assumptions.

Calypso Dreams... My Art- http://www.calypso-dreams.com

Renderosity Gallery

Momcat ( ) posted Sun, 02 February 2003 at 7:14 PM

Well, mark, I suppose you are entitled to your opinion. However, political satire isn't going to go away any time soon. Neither is black humor (literary, not racial). It's a form of expression and coping. Yes, racism is a serious issue. So is death, so is religion, so is hunger, so is poverty, so is politics, so is war, so is life. Humor helps us to cope with the day to day tradegies of life. Without it, we would become bogged down in depression. If we can laugh in the face of death, we can defeat it, or at least its devastating effect on us. Try talking to someone in the acceptance stage of a terminal disease. I'm sure you'll be shocked. Have you ever been to a wake? Yes, people are sad, but at some point people start telling stories about the deceased, and laughing and joking in between sighs and tears. Is that also inappropriate? The same would go for racism. If we can ridicule it, then it holds less power over our lives. I can only guess that you are no fan of Monty Python, nor would you have appreciated a film like "Harold and Maude", or god forbid, the "Chuckles the Clown" episode of Mary Tyler Moore, any episode of MAS*H, or Shakespearean play for that matter. These are only a few examples of how humor is used to address serious subjects. I'm sure others can name even more.

elizabyte ( ) posted Sun, 02 February 2003 at 7:53 PM

I can't see how this is offensive in any way. Klansman dies, approaches the pearly gates, finds that the gatekeeper (presumably a high ranking entity, traditionally St. Peter) is that which Klansman has spent his life hating and persecuting. Oooh, dramatic irony! Wait, is "dramatic irony" on the list of Politically Incorrect things these days... ? bonni

"When a man gives his opinion, he's a man. When a woman gives her opinion, she's a bitch." - Bette Davis

Bahr ( ) posted Sun, 02 February 2003 at 8:17 PM

One way to view this is beyond the satire, if it makes people more comfortable with it. Look at it as a subtile reminder that your deeds are carried with you in the end, you're marked by actions, and nothing is forgotten? So if you're a racist arse here now, in a white hood, don't be surprised if it catches up you in the end. Myself, I don't need an alternate view..I like the satire. LOL. :)

Lyrra ( ) posted Sun, 02 February 2003 at 9:11 PM

all right ...enough comment on this image. if you all want to debate racism, humour and the appropriateness of such, please take it to the OT forum. Thanks Lyrra (moderator)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.