Tue, Oct 22, 9:57 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 9:37 am)

Subject: What time is it...?

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Mon, 03 February 2003 at 4:17 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 9:52 AM

Can someone please tell me what time it is at DAZ' place right now?

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

ladynimue ( ) posted Mon, 03 February 2003 at 4:24 PM

I believe their home office is in Utah :) Hold on a sec and I will get the time zone ladynimue

ladynimue ( ) posted Mon, 03 February 2003 at 4:29 PM

Mountain Zone Which it is now 5:26 Eastern Time. Which is 4:26 Rosity Time Which would make it Daz Time of 3:26 Mountain Time or 10:26 Greenwich Mean Time :) Hope that helps :)

compiler ( ) posted Mon, 03 February 2003 at 4:38 PM

and 11 : 26 pm in France. Time to call it a night. Keep the world tidy while we go to sleep, we'll take our tour of duty when you go to bed. ;-) Compiler

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Mon, 03 February 2003 at 4:39 PM

so it's half past four in the afternoon, right? I'm on CET myself :o) and I had no real idea of american time zones.... phew I'm glad Denmark is such a small country.. How do you americans figure out what time it is at all? :o) And thanks. I was wondering coz I needed to get in touch with them. But I guess they're gone home for today then.

You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA

ladynimue ( ) posted Mon, 03 February 2003 at 4:46 PM

It is close to 3:3O in the afternoon Daz time :) You should be able to reach them now :) ladynimue

ladynimue ( ) posted Mon, 03 February 2003 at 4:47 PM

Sorry for the confusion :) ladynimue

rbtwhiz ( ) posted Mon, 03 February 2003 at 4:54 PM

It is 4:01pm, er make that 4:02pm. -Rob

ladynimue ( ) posted Mon, 03 February 2003 at 4:57 PM

Attached Link: http://www.timetemperature.com/tzus/utah_time_zone.shtml

In case you miss callin them today ernyoka just check the above link. It will let you know what time it is at Daz.

Hope this helped.
ladynimue

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Mon, 03 February 2003 at 5:08 PM

Thanks a lot :o) Oh and CALL them?? I wouldn't dare... They speak a foreign language... I'd go mute instantly.... L But knowing the time will still tell me when to realistically expect an answer to an email :o)

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Mon, 03 February 2003 at 5:33 PM

Nu-be, Excellent idea to use the Windows Time Zone thingie.. BUT... I have no idea where Daz IS in the US L Or Utah for that matter.. Only state I know where is is Florida, it's sorta easy to find, like an appendix G OK I have a (rather vague) idea of some other states, but.... not really a lot of them :o} But I know where AMERICA is.... That's better than nothing, isn't it? =o)

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Mon, 03 February 2003 at 5:36 PM

Oh and btw it's now 12:30 AM so I'm off to bed!

maclean ( ) posted Mon, 03 February 2003 at 6:08 PM

Is there something like a world time atomic clock on the net? I ask this because I have 2 computers, 2 videos, 3 clocks and 1 pocket-watch, and none of them ever tell the same time! LOL. 2 smegging computers that can compute 3d movement, but can't keep time. What is THAT about? I'm sure there's some kind of Atomo-HyperWarp, Lithium-plated, Ultra-Whizzo gadget on a site somewhere. Maybe I'll do a search.... Gad! I'm SO lazy! mac

maclean ( ) posted Mon, 03 February 2003 at 6:13 PM

Attached Link: http://www.timeanddate.com/

Found the sucker! mac

wheatpenny ( ) posted Mon, 03 February 2003 at 6:30 PM
Site Admin

English isn't a foreign language, Danish is :)

Jeff

Renderosity Senior Moderator

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Mi parolas Esperanton. Ĉu vi?

Crescent ( ) posted Mon, 03 February 2003 at 6:47 PM

DAZ is on PST - Pacific Standard Time. I believe that they're 10 hours behind you. Cheers!

rbtwhiz ( ) posted Mon, 03 February 2003 at 7:22 PM

Actually Crescent, DAZ is on MST/MDT (Mountain Time | GMT -0700) -Rob

melanie ( ) posted Mon, 03 February 2003 at 8:09 PM

Utah is in the Rocky Mountains, right? That's mountain time. I'm in Oregon on the west coast, that's Pacific Standard Time. ernyoka1, we do have a lot of time zones here, but we only have to keep track of the one we live in. I know that my friend in Tallahassee, Florida, is three hours ahead of me, but that's all that really matters. :) Melanie

hauksdottir ( ) posted Mon, 03 February 2003 at 8:31 PM

Actually, Ernyoka, we are pretty lucky... most of our states fall within 1 time zone or another. Alaska stretches a bit more than that!

EricofSD ( ) posted Mon, 03 February 2003 at 9:25 PM

Attached Link: http://www.yugop.com/ver3/stuff/03/fla.html

Here's a clock.

xoconostle ( ) posted Mon, 03 February 2003 at 10:18 PM

I live in California, which is PST as Melanie said. I think it's funny that when you install an operating system and have to set the time zone, "Tijuana" is usually the city used to identify PST. Why it's TJ instead of Los Angeles, San Francisco, Portland or Seattle is beyond me, not that it matters, but it's sort of amusing.

maclean ( ) posted Tue, 04 February 2003 at 2:25 PM

LOL. This is too much! Out of the 3 links, mine, EricofSD's and nu-be's, 2 are close and the other (EricofSD's) is a minute behind. Ah, who cares what time it is anyway! I never look at the clock. mac

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Tue, 04 February 2003 at 2:33 PM

Speaking of time, I forgot I had this great link myself, it can even syncronize your computer's clock if you let it. But I didn't know what timezone Utah was in, so I would have had to ask anyway. Btw... I've written Daz three times in the last 24 hours with NO reply. Is this usual? I've never had to write them before....

maclean ( ) posted Tue, 04 February 2003 at 5:45 PM

Well, THE official world standard is GMT, or Greenwich Mean Time. Greenwich, (pronounced 'grenitch' just to complicate things), is a little village in the south of England where a 19th century amateur scientist (can't remember his name), set up an observatory and eventually gave us the standard by which all clocks are measured. Since Greenwich is on the somethingth median, GMT is zero hours and the rest of the world takes it's time zones from that, adding +whatever or -whatever to GMT. Hmmm... that was a really precise, scientific explanation I gave. LOL. Well, I'm sure someone will fill me in on the correct details of the story, but it's not far off what I said. Anyway, there's also an official GMT site, which, I guess, would be the one to trust. mac PS There's also some loony (I believe, the owner of Swatch watches), who wants us all to go by some Swiss/Internet standard that he invented. But, of course, if the world was sensible, we'd all be speaking that ghastly Esperanto, wouldn't we? Viva la difference!

lmacken ( ) posted Tue, 04 February 2003 at 6:52 PM

FWIW, the Prime Meridian ran through Paris, France, until the British did a hostile takeover.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Wed, 05 February 2003 at 5:28 AM

Esperanto estas tre praktika lingvo, kio ĉiuj homoj devus lerni, kaj eĉ pli praktika estus, se la tuta mondo havus saman horzonon au horstandardon. ~Trekkie

maclean ( ) posted Wed, 05 February 2003 at 3:08 PM

'Esperanto is a very easy language that everyone should learn, and it would be even easier if the whole world had ....' Mmmm... I got lost towards the end. How'd I do? That was from a base of italian and french. Anyway, it'd sound better in italian. 'Esperanto ed una lingua molto facile che ognuno dovrebbe imparare, e sarebbe molto piu facile se tutto il mondo lo parlasse' Much more romantic! mac PS I don't think you'd want to hear a scottish version. LOL.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Wed, 05 February 2003 at 4:14 PM

Actually "practical" language rather that "easy". Though it's fairly easy to learn, especially if you know a little french, italian, spanish and/or latin. And the last bit was: it would be easier if the whole world had the same timezone or timestandard :o) And italian sounds nice too, thoug I don't understand much of it. you would CERTAINLY not want to hear the danish version anyway L

maclean ( ) posted Wed, 05 February 2003 at 5:52 PM

I was going to say 'practical', but it sounded a little 'kludgy', if you know what I mean. Heh, heh. I used to have a danish girlfriend, so I can imagine what it would sound like. mac

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.