Wed, Oct 2, 3:19 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Diving boards

miamidiver06 ( ) posted Tue, 04 February 2003 at 10:57 AM · edited Wed, 02 October 2024 at 3:16 AM

file_44475.JPG

I made these out of basic shapes, is there any way I can bend one of the boards? and do I need to have poser installed to import poser people?

brycefreak ( ) posted Tue, 04 February 2003 at 11:54 AM

file_44476.JPG

One way, and Im'e sure not the only way would be to draw it in the terrain editor, the more experienced brycers in here may offer up a better solution, but this is how I would do it. Once you are back to the main screen adjust the attributes for length and width.

Cheers

vasquez ( ) posted Tue, 04 February 2003 at 11:55 AM

file_44477.JPG

no there's no way to bend a parallelepiped in bryce but u can use some tricks, for example yus can make the board with a 2 cylinders (one positive and one negative) with a very low curvature and some negatives cubes.. it's a bit difficult to explain with words....see the image is better. Regarding poser people... no you don't need to have poser installed but you need someone who export poser people for you. hope the image is clear

Aldaron ( ) posted Tue, 04 February 2003 at 7:16 PM

I think distributing poser meshes is against the copyright laws. IOW you have to have Poser in order to use the figures though you don't "need" it to use the figures with Bryce. Kind of a catch 22.I'm sure I just confused you. If I'm wrong I'm sure someone will speak up. :)

Quest ( ) posted Wed, 05 February 2003 at 4:53 AM

Page 328 of the Poser 4 user guide gives instructions on how to export Poser figures converted to "obj" files into Bryce. As a matter of fact, chapter 16 covers how to use Poser with other applications. If you intend to import proprietary figures such as Daz or Zygote then check out Objaction Mover in the "utilities" section here; http://www.sandylodge.demon.co.uk/ .But for this you will need to have Poser in order to re-configure the Poser figure in order to export a totally new figure without breaking copyright laws.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.