Tue, Oct 22, 4:24 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 3:39 am)

Subject: Problem with Glamorous Vicki 3 Dress-DAZ is working on it

pigfish ( ) posted Thu, 06 February 2003 at 10:59 AM · edited Mon, 29 July 2024 at 12:26 AM

I noticed that the dress in the Glamorous Vicki 3 set was taking forever to load. A pop-up box looking for a .bum texture file came up. There are no .bum files in the texture folder. After manually changing the .bum extensions in my .CR2 to .jpg, the file worked wonderfully. I have contacted Ryan Bouche at DAZ and he is looking into it. I haven't tried any other items in the set except the figure and shoes which work. Has anyone found any problems with the other figures? If so, please e-mail Ryan at tech@daz3d.com so he can fix everything at once. I've found that DAZ is very good about fixing problems once they are made aware of them. I always receive excellent customer service from all of DAZ's staff.

Caly ( ) posted Thu, 06 February 2003 at 1:18 PM

Hi, I have her, no problems so far. The .bum bit is rather normal. poser 4 uses .bum while Poser 5 uses .jpg So if you have Poser 4 and the MAT file calls for a .bum you just have to load up the .jpg before you click on the MAT file and convert it to .bum. If you have Poser 5, then you need to edit. Usually things come with 2 MAT files, P4 which calls the .bum, and PP which calls the .jpg.

Calypso Dreams... My Art- http://www.calypso-dreams.com

Renderosity Gallery

PheonixRising ( ) posted Thu, 06 February 2003 at 1:19 PM

Jim Burton is the creator of the set. Email should go to him with a cc to Ryan. Anton

-Anton, creator of ApolloMaximus: 32,000+ downloads since 3-13-07
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

NEW The Poser FaceInterMixer

Jim Burton ( ) posted Thu, 06 February 2003 at 2:15 PM

Yeah, now that I look, a couple of the materials on the dress call for the BUM file, which is going to mess you up if your on Poser PP (or 5 I guess). Sorry, I should have caught that. I'll get a updated file to DAZ, in the meantime you can do as you did, use any word processors to search-and-replace .bum with .jpg for the CR2, or email me at jimburton@comcast.net and I'll send a replacement.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.